Author Topic: 'Keep them open': OJ Simpson warns he'll go 'crazy' if golf courses close  (Read 672 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
'Keep them open': OJ Simpson warns he'll go 'crazy' if golf courses close
by Spencer Neale
 | March 19, 2020 04:44 PM

O.J. Simpson said he would go "crazy" if he can't play golf because of the coronavirus pandemic.

The 72-year-old former NFL star and actor, who was found not guilty of murdering his wife in one of the highest-profile court cases in American history, said the government would need to "open up some insane asylums" if quarantine measures continued in a tweet posted on Thursday that contained the text: "Keep them open. A lot of people need them."

"I know if I can't play golf for the next month, I'm [going to] go crazy," Simpson said.

Simpson pleaded not guilty to the murder of his ex-wife Nicole Brown and Ron Goldman and was acquitted in 1995. He was later found liable for the deaths in a 1997 civil case and later spent nine years in prison for armed robbery and kidnapping before being released in 2017.

Since joining the platform in July, Simpson has used Twitter to upload videos musing on topics ranging from news events to life advice.

“I think, for some of the older guys, that golf is their only exercise, I think it’s going to hurt ’em if you start closing all the golf courses,” Simpson added.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/keep-them-open-oj-simpson-warns-hell-go-crazy-if-golf-courses-close
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Applewood

Get over it!

My cousin recently had surgery,so her husband, an avid golfer, gave up his game to stay home for a week. He was putting together a foursome for this weekend when all hell broke loose about the coronavirus, the country club where he plays closed and since he is at high risk, his wife insisted he stay home anyway.  So now hubby is one very unhappy camper.  But my cousin reports that her husband is slowly adjusting. 

I'm sure OJ and other golfers can adjust too.

Offline LMAO

Glad I’m a fisherman. Can’t close down the lakes  because of  COVID-19
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Applewood

Glad I’m a fisherman. Can’t close down the lakes  because of  COVID-19

Easier to practice "social distancing" when you fish.  Not that many fishermen bunched together in a confining space.   happy77

Offline Slide Rule

Yeah. We certainly wish to keep OJ in his preferred mood.
We have seen that other mood a few times.

:)
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
People can live without golf. I’m more concerned about the playgrounds being closed. Poor kids have no where to go. I haven’t heard children talking/yelling/playing  outside in a week.

I suppose they are home playing Nintendo but that can’t be as good for them as riding a bike?
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Btw, don’t they sell little golf sets to play in your living room or den? I’ve seen that in movies and tv
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline mortarman

If they keep the golf courses closed, how on earth will he find the real killers?

:pop41:
The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
I played 9 holes with OJ once - the guy had a wicked slice.
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline Applewood

If they keep the golf courses closed, how on earth will he find the real killers?

:silly:

Offline Idiot

I played 9 holes with OJ once - the guy had a wicked slice.
****drummer

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
People can live without golf. I’m more concerned about the playgrounds being closed. Poor kids have no where to go. I haven’t heard children talking/yelling/playing  outside in a week.

I suppose they are home playing Nintendo but that can’t be as good for them as riding a bike?

In my area, most playgrounds are at neighborhood parks...so far they remain open.  Most everything else is closed; beaches, schools, restaurants (except drive thru), libraries, churches, some banks (drive thru only) and city buildings.  Post office has limited patron traffic.  Supermarkets are open with some offering senior hours -- most have reduced their hours. Drugs stores are also open.  We are not in a lock down yet, but I think that's not far away.

I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline dfwgator

After all that's where the "real killers" are.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

:silly:

Online mountaineer

I understand some golf courses have been ordered closed, even it makes little sense as a way of preventing spread of the virus.

That said, OJ can eat rocks and die.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Gee, I hope he doesn't go all homocidal on us....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Applewood

I understand some golf courses have been ordered closed, even it makes little sense as a way of preventing spread of the virus.

That said, OJ can eat rocks and die.

My cousin's husband belongs to a club which has indoor facilities -- lockers, bar, small cafe, etc.  I think those places would have to close because they don't want people congregating too close together in a confined space. 

And I agree about OJ.  Guess he didn't learn humility while in prison.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I dunno. This could be a positive thing,or a negative thing. All depends on where he plays.

Might I suggest he moves to either the left coast or the northeast to play golf?

Do it for American,buddy!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline verga

I had no idea he had gotten out of prison.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.