Author Topic: WHO official warns against calling it 'Chinese virus,' says 'there is no blame in this'  (Read 1710 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I really hope this forces a new alignment between China and the rest of the world. They need to pay a heavy price and hopefully break the communist grip over the country in the process.
Listen for the phrase "decouple" from China.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Sheesh! We agree on practically EVERYTHING.

Just like we always have.   *****rollingeyes*****

I’m one of those strange conservatives who can disagree with good folks and not have a fit.

I thought you were too.....
I am.  I just need to step away from the keyboard a little more often. I don't hold grudges, either, but I will argue my point when I am right until the cows come home.

It comes from occasions when I was the only one in the room who was right and people ignored that, costing clients millions and wasting resources which could have been developed if they hadn't been messed up.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online DB

I am.  I just need to step away from the keyboard a little more often. I don't hold grudges, either, but I will argue my point when I am right until the cows come home.

It comes from occasions when I was the only one in the room who was right and people ignored that, costing clients millions and wasting resources which could have been developed if they hadn't been messed up.

And that is a good trait to have. Comes with a lot of friction from time to time...

Offline Smokin Joe

And that is a good trait to have. Comes with a lot of friction from time to time...
Yep, that' the truth. But it is a safe place to be when others are bailing out from the position they took in error, as long as you went on record being right.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline musiclady

I sure understand the need to step away.  I was born with both a temper and the gift of sarcasm, so I do it a lot!

As I said, we agree on practically everything, and definitely everything that matters.

Still friends?   :beer:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Smokin Joe

I sure understand the need to step away.  I was born with both a temper and the gift of sarcasm, so I do it a lot!

As I said, we agree on practically everything, and definitely everything that matters.

Still friends?   :beer:
Absolutely still friends!  :beer:

I speak three languages fluently, English, Sarcasm, and Profanity.
Some days I have a shorter fuse than others. :shrug:
I do my best to concentrate on the former, lapse into the second all too easily, and do my best to keep the third pretty much off the screen and out of the air about me. (Little pictures have big ears, and all that). 
There is much I wish to teach the great-grandkids, but for that, they'll have to read the bathroom walls, same as  I did. :whistle:

C S Lewis

Online DB

A lot of the friction in these conversation could be resolved if we were just face to face with direct immediate interaction. This format is challenging to communicate accurately with untetherd chunks of words with long gaps and misinterpretations that go uncorrected that a few additional interactive words would straighten out quickly.

Online DB

I do my best to concentrate on the former, lapse into the second all too easily, and do my best to keep the third pretty much off the screen and out of the air about me. (Little pictures have big ears, and all that). 
There is much I wish to teach the great-grandkids, but for that, they'll have to read the bathroom walls, same as  I did. :whistle:

LOL!

Offline Smokin Joe

A lot of the friction in these conversation could be resolved if we were just face to face with direct immediate interaction. This format is challenging to communicate accurately with untetherd chunks of words with long gaps and misinterpretations that go uncorrected that a few additional interactive words would straighten out quickly.
:beer: True enough, @DB . In the end, we're going to find out what's what (in retrospect), and while we may doggedly argue our points of view, there is really no sense in getting hostile over it. 

C S Lewis

Online DB

:beer: True enough, @DB . In the end, we're going to find out what's what (in retrospect), and while we may doggedly argue our points of view, there is really no sense in getting hostile over it.
:beer:

Offline musiclady

:silly: :silly: :silly:

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

Absolutely!

It’s been said here before, but I’ll bet we’d all be good friends if we saw each other face to face and could talk things out.

At least those of us who’ve been here together for a while...

Offline corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer

Yer avatar is hilarious. I hope you have some of those paper rolls for all the quarters yer saving.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Perhaps the WHO wouldn't mind if I called it the China Harvard Virus... named after the origin and the professor that helped it be formulated...

Quote from: article
Harvard professor among three charged with lying about Chinese government ties

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/28/politics/harvard-professor-chinese-nationals-arrest-espionage/index.html?fbclid=IwAR08xGKC1qW0FdWfEcpXNDrY6GZTyoDmWi1oc9mx2DDixHJSm8iohuyt6vc
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Perhaps the WHO wouldn't mind if I called it the China Harvard Virus... named after the origin and the professor that helped it be formulated...

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/28/politics/harvard-professor-chinese-nationals-arrest-espionage/index.html?fbclid=IwAR08xGKC1qW0FdWfEcpXNDrY6GZTyoDmWi1oc9mx2DDixHJSm8iohuyt6vc

Princeton and Yale wouldn’t mind, I’m sure.
@Sighlass
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline PeteS in CA

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

I didn't watch the video, one of my idiotsyncrasies, but IMO, WHO pooed the screwch when they assured the world on 1/14 that there was no evidence of human-human transmission. WHO has blood on their hands.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.