Author Topic: No bailout, no stimulus — give us reparations for government-mandated shutdowns  (Read 127 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
No bailout, no stimulus — give us reparations for government-mandated shutdowns
by Timothy P. Carney
 | March 18, 2020 10:39 PM

Bailouts, in general, are neither good nor popular.

The most recent legislation billed as a “stimulus” package was President Barack Obama’s 2009 raft of special interest giveaways and green energy boondoggles.

It’s understandable, then, that a lot of conservatives are very wary of the proposed economic responses to the coronavirus crisis. And the odds are that, whatever Congress passes, it will end up — either because of the statute or the implementation — being filled with immense waste and cronyism.

Justin Amash
✔
@justinamash

No bank bailouts.
No auto bailouts.
No farm bailouts.
No leisure bailouts.

No bailouts.
7:36 PM - Mar 15, 2020

In order to steer policymakers away from waste, and in order to help conservatives consider why an economic rescue package might be appropriate, let me suggest a way of thinking of this aside from being a “bailout” or a “stimulus.”

Congress should pass a reparations package.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/no-bailout-no-stimulus-give-us-reparations-for-government-mandated-shutdowns
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I really abhor the nomenclature of 'reparations' in any shape or form.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington