Author Topic: Steven Mnuchin Pitches Direct Deposits of $1000 Per Person, $500 Per Child  (Read 867 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
This says the checks will go to "most Americans:"

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/mnuchin-says-white-house-working-to-send-1-000-checks-to-most-americans-within-3-weeks/ar-BB11pxdH?ocid=msedgdhp

I'd still like to know who those "most Americans" will be and who is going to pay for it.  I expect we seniors will be excluded since most of us aren't working and we have SS.  But I expect to help pay for this, the SS fund will be raided -- again!  If I'm right, in effect, we old folks who will get nothing will be paying for it.

$1,200 for all people making $75,000 or less.  Above that the amount goes down as salary increases.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I guess they will use our tax info from the IRS

So what about those that don't have a bank account? Not everyone has a bank account and some people get their refund on a debit card.  Others opt to have their return mailed to them; especially older people. What about those that owe and mail a check to the IRS?? I am one that does as little on-line transactions as possible. 

It sure seems that through this whole thing that people are being forced to getting used to social distancing, not going to banks, but on-line banking, not going to the store, but home delivery, not going to school but on-line virtual classrooms, don't go to work, the government will send you a check, don't go to church, mass can be seen on TV, etc., etc.  Why??? I get now because of the virus, but I can't help but think in the back of my mind, there is more to this.  Will we indeed go back to the way things were, or are they trying to make social distancing and isolation permanent?  Just a thought.

I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
A lot of details on this TBD, assuming it goes through.

Chuck Schumer for example is pushing for enhanced unemployment benefits instead. Although here in PA, the unemployment website crashed yesterday. I lost my job in early Feb (not COVID-19 related) and even then, I couldn’t reach anyone at unemployment by phone.

Mnuchin also said something about it being income tiered and paid via direct deposit so I’m thinking they’d be using the IRS to facilitate payments. Although not everyone gets their refunds (if they even get a refund at all) via direct deposit, so I’m not sure how that would work.
Income tiered? If your relatively new 8K a month job stops in mid stride, does that mean you get nothing, or does it mean you get more?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis