Author Topic: Cliff Kincaid: Coronavirus, China's lies, and bioweapons research  (Read 243 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Cliff is an anti-communist that would be hard to best even in the days of the Red Scare BUT... I think it's very worthwhilel noting what he says.

Coronavirus, China's lies, and bioweapons research
By Cliff Kincaid
March 16, 2020

Americans are trying to stay safe, as government attempts to contain the spread of the coronavirus. As this unfolds, let's hope that our "intelligence agencies" are taking an objective and honest look at where this virus came from – and whether other diseases are being planned for America and the world. A recent case of alleged "academic espionage" involving China raises the specter of American involvement in Chinese medical and/or biological warfare research.

In making the charge that the Chinese coronavirus originated in the United States, the Chinese have taken a page out of the old Soviet playbook. As concern about AIDS was growing in the 1980s, the Soviet Union launched a disinformation campaign charging that an American military laboratory had developed the virus that caused HIV/AIDS.

The Soviets were lying in order to cover-up their own biological weapons program. Is this what inspires the Chinese lies?

Read more at:  http://www.renewamerica.com/columns/kincaid/200316

Online goatprairie

Re: Cliff Kincaid: Coronavirus, China's lies, and bioweapons research
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2020, 09:33:36 pm »
Here Kincaid assumes that this pandemic is the result of bio-weapons research, namely Chicom sponsored. He also infers that some American institutions might be involved.
My main arguments are that  (1) why would China want to upset the current situation even if their plans are slightly muddled by the Trump admin?
China has attained enormous economic and military power doing things the way they've been doing them since 1979. They know Trump won't be in power for more than five years, and it's very possible a very agreeable Dem admin will then be installed.
(2) Never attribute evil motives for things that can be explained by incompetence and/or stupidity.
China has unleashed numerous epidemics on the world going back almost a thousand years.
This pandemic was predicted just three years ago by international health experts who ascribed a coming  pandemic to the filthy/unsanitary Chinese "wet" markets. They were 100% correct.
I'd lean far more to the incompetent/stupid paradigm in this pandemic than evil Chinese deliberately inflicting this pandemic on the world through bio-labs.
Chinese prestige (and probably economics) is going to suffer enormously as the result of this pandemic. I don't think they want that to happen.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2020, 10:23:47 pm »
Here Kincaid assumes that this pandemic is the result of bio-weapons research, namely Chicom sponsored.

@goatprairie

He's not the only one that thinks that.

He also infers that some American institutions might be involved.

Technically,that is true. Only technically,though. Most "American corporations" today seem to consider themselves to be "Citizens of the World",and owe no allegiances to anyone but themselves and their stockholder.

My main arguments are that  (1) why would China want to upset the current situation even if their plans are slightly muddled by the Trump admin?

Wrong question. Nations plan for the contingencies or a possible tomorrow,not the reality of today. Plus,"Reality" seems to be a meaningless word to the Chinese,a nation of Pod People. They would be doing this regardless of who sits in the WH. It's just who they are.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online goatprairie

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2020, 10:46:46 pm »
You ignored the assessments of experts on transmitted diseases and the past history of China causing pandemics because of filthy markets.
But keep going on the unproven bio-lab theory. You might eventually find some proof.  *****rollingeyes*****

Offline TomSea

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2020, 10:59:54 pm »
You ignored the assessments of experts on transmitted diseases and the past history of China causing pandemics because of filthy markets.
But keep going on the unproven bio-lab theory. You might eventually find some proof.  *****rollingeyes*****

In this case, I'd go with how Senator Tom Cotton has answered, possibly mention that Wuhan has a government bio-lab that possibly could produce viruses but not say that it what you suspect, I guess my view would be, "it's not out of the question entirely" and maybe I'm wrong here... but I did see more about these "wet markets" you discuss with poor hygiene today.  Cotton says something like that, now probably around a month ago. I probably can not say it in the same way, he did.

https://twitter.com/sentomcotton
Tom Cotton
@SenTomCotton
·
Mar 16
As Dr. Anthony Fauci said yesterday, “we’ll be thankful that we overreacted” if we arrest the spread of the virus, preserve hospital capacity, and save lives.
Show this thread
Tom Cotton
@SenTomCotton
·
Mar 16
The time has come for extraordinary measures to combat the Chinese coronavirus. What seems extreme today will seem obvious tomorrow.

What he said, most of it....
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 11:01:37 pm by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2020, 11:36:11 pm »
I saw that movie "Viva Max" and Alice Ghostley was in and for the few things I remember about it, she'd say something about this being from the Chinese Communists, it was a comedy.

I reread Cliff's article in full, I'm not sure if he really makes the assertion this is a bio-weapon, there are quite a few good tidbits though, of his analysis 

Alice Ghostley does say it about 44 seconds in.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

The movie was a bit in the spirit of "The Russians are coming" and maybe even "It's a mad, mad, mad, mad world"... crackpot comedies back then. Probably a few are still made in this style.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 11:45:27 pm by TomSea »

Online goatprairie

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2020, 12:33:57 am »
In this case, I'd go with how Senator Tom Cotton has answered, possibly mention that Wuhan has a government bio-lab that possibly could produce viruses but not say that it what you suspect, I guess my view would be, "it's not out of the question entirely" and maybe I'm wrong here... but I did see more about these "wet markets" you discuss with poor hygiene today.  Cotton says something like that, now probably around a month ago. I probably can not say it in the same way, he did.

https://twitter.com/sentomcotton
What he said, most of it....
"bio-labs"
It's not entirely out of the question, but the facts are the first people treated for the virus worked as vendors in one of those "wet" markets, and many past viruses/diseases came out of China before they had bio-labs.
They might have been trying to experiment with the virus, but I doubt they deliberately released it to cause something that could very possibly upset their march to world domination.
Craven liberals in every elite country in the world are waiting for their chance to appease the Chinese.
The Chinese know Trump only has about five more years at most. Then nobody will challenge them...the rest of the world's elite countries leaders are spineless liberals who will cave to all Chinese demands.
Occam's Razor...why would the Chinese want to deliberately upset the raw snake/rat/octopus/squid cart?