Author Topic: Gallup Poll: Trump Approval Drops 5 Points to 44 Percent  (Read 354 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Gallup Poll: Trump Approval Drops 5 Points to 44 Percent
« on: March 18, 2020, 02:54:46 pm »
Eric Mack    |   Tuesday, 17 March 2020 06:47 PM

Amid the global coronavirus pandemic, President Donald Trump's approval rating dipped 5 percentage points to pre-acquittal levels of 44% in the latest Gallup poll.

Trump had seen a boost after his acquittal on two House Democrat articles of impeachment, but global travel restrictions and the World Health Organization's declaring of a pandemic amid the coronavirus outbreak has dropped his approval rating.

The drop is attributed to independents, who are just 35% in support of the job Trump has done. Republicans (91%) and Democrats (7%) are relatively unmoved by recent events, according to Gallup.

"It remains to be seen how much impact COVID-19 will have on Trump's approval rating, but there is historical precedent for a post-impeachment bounce followed by a relatively quick return to pre-impeachment levels," according to Gallup. "After Bill Clinton's December 1998 impeachment, his approval rating rose to the highest level of his presidency – and remained high following his February 1999 Senate acquittal.

more
https://www.newsmax.com/politics/job-approval-ratings-pandemic/2020/03/17/id/958761/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: Gallup Poll: Trump Approval Drops 5 Points to 44 Percent
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2020, 04:27:11 pm »
I wonder if President Trump's sudden attitude adjustment on COVID-19 was prompted by anything in particular?  :pondering:

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2020, 05:02:36 pm »
I wonder if President Trump's sudden attitude adjustment on COVID-19 was prompted by anything in particular?  :pondering:

New polls out showing him beating all Dem opponents in Florida...a great bell-weather of the coming election. He's held entirely steady in the Rassy ranging from the 46-50 range (its a daily poll), and this Gallup number falls within the polls standard margin of error and so is quite likely NOT statistically significant.

As for his change in attitude, the entire nation has become more and more concerned as the crisis has worsened....so of course he has a more deeply concerned tone. Who wouldn't? That doesn't change that he has aggressively attacked this situation from day one with early and effective travel bans, support of local responses, and having assembled a very strong national team and response. The man's reaction to this crisis has been absolutely incredible...its hard to imagine how any President could have done better.

So, sincerely....what the hell are you talking about?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 05:04:20 pm by Mesaclone »
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2020, 05:24:10 pm »
New polls out showing him beating all Dem opponents in Florida...a great bell-weather of the coming election. He's held entirely steady in the Rassy ranging from the 46-50 range (its a daily poll), and this Gallup number falls within the polls standard margin of error and so is not statistically significant.

Thank you for the additional info not covered by this story of a different poll @Mesaclone

As for his change in attitude, the entire nation has become more and more concerned as the crisis has worsened....so of course he has a more deeply concerned tone. Who wouldn't?
That is logical point and I appreciate you sharing it.

That doesn't change that he has aggressively attacked this situation from day one with early and effective travel bans, support of local responses, and having assembled a very strong national team and response. The man's reaction to this crisis has been absolutely incredible...its hard to imagine how any President could have done better.
Now here we are going to have agree to disagree, unless you want to limit the discussion to what he's done since declaring a National Emergency 5 days ago.  Then I am sure we could find some points to agree about.  If you wish I can explain in great detail why I think the President dragged his feet to announcing a National Emergency and failed to recognize the danger we are in.  Let me know if you didn't catch my opinion on other threads and tell you all about it.

So, sincerely....what the hell are you talking about?
The poll at the top of this thread.  I actually didn't think I was that subtle when I posted "I wonder if President Trump's sudden attitude adjustment on COVID-19 was prompted by anything in particular?"

Stay healthy and thank you for the reply.