Author Topic: Cory Booker wants to give you money to get through the coronavirus crisis. Here’s how much.  (Read 315 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Cory Booker wants to give you money to get through the coronavirus crisis. Here’s how much.
Updated 3:26 PM; Today 12:14 PM

By Jonathan D. Salant | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com

WASHINGTON — U.S. Sen. Cory Booker and other federal lawmakers want to send out cold, hard cash to help you cope with the coronavirus crisis.

Booker joined several of his Democratic colleagues Tuesday in urging Senate leaders to pass legislation providing every American with an immediate $2,000 cash payment, and it could grow to $4,500 by the end of the year if the crisis doesn’t abate.

“In mere days, we’ve gone from life as normal to implementing dramatic changes in how we work, socialize, and live,” said Booker, D-N.J. “The ramifications to our economy — and to the millions of American workers and businesses who underpin it — are massive and require a large-scale, aggressive federal response.”

The money would be paid to every U.S. adult and dependent, as well as every Social Security, Veterans Affairs, or Supplemental Security Income recipient.

The funds automatically would go to those who file tax returns for 2019. Those who do not file a return could submit a separate Form 1040. The payment would phased out for those with higher incomes.

more
https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2020/03/cory-booker-wants-to-give-you-money-to-get-through-the-coronavirus-crisis-heres-how-much.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Cory Booker wants to give you money to get through the coronavirus crisis. Here’s how much.
Updated 3:26 PM; Today 12:14 PM

By Jonathan D. Salant | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com

WASHINGTON — U.S. Sen. Cory Booker and other federal lawmakers want to send out cold, hard cash to help you cope with the coronavirus crisis.

Booker joined several of his Democratic colleagues Tuesday in urging Senate leaders to pass legislation providing every American with an immediate $2,000 cash payment, and it could grow to $4,500 by the end of the year if the crisis doesn’t abate.

“In mere days, we’ve gone from life as normal to implementing dramatic changes in how we work, socialize, and live,” said Booker, D-N.J. “The ramifications to our economy — and to the millions of American workers and businesses who underpin it — are massive and require a large-scale, aggressive federal response.”

The money would be paid to every U.S. adult and dependent, as well as every Social Security, Veterans Affairs, or Supplemental Security Income recipient.

The funds automatically would go to those who file tax returns for 2019. Those who do not file a return could submit a separate Form 1040. The payment would phased out for those with higher incomes.

more
https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2020/03/cory-booker-wants-to-give-you-money-to-get-through-the-coronavirus-crisis-heres-how-much.html

Him specifying and every Social Security, VA and disability recipient, probably is a good indicator that these group of people are excluded from receiving any money in the current plan.

I haven't filed our tax return yet -- we're going to owe so I normally wait till right around April 15.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.