Author Topic: Dr. Fauci has told Trump he wants an 'overly aggressive' response to the coronavirus and would rathe  (Read 411 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Dr. Fauci has told Trump he wants an 'overly aggressive' response to the coronavirus and would rather be criticized for 'over-reacting' - but stops short of calling for a 14-day national shutdown

Dr Fauci said he would rather America be 'overly aggressive and get criticized for overreacting' and that citizens should be prepared to 'hunker down'
    Fauci refused to rule out a 14 day national shut down as he said the US should be prepared to do 'whatever it takes' to tackle the pandemic
    He said it's 'possible' the US death toll could near 2 million if mitigation and containment efforts fail
    The 'worst case scenario' numbers were published by The New York Times last week based on Centers for Disease Control and Prevention scenarios
     'Although that's possible, it is unlikely if we do the kinds of things that we're essentially outlining right now,' he said Sunday morning
    Coronavirus symptoms: what are they and should you see a doctor?

By Katelyn Caralle, U.s. Political Reporter For Dailymail.com

Published: 09:10 EDT, 15 March 2020 | Updated: 12:07 EDT, 15 March 2020

Top infectious disease expert Anthony Fauci refused to rule out a 14 day national shut down as he said the US should be prepared to do 'whatever it takes' to tackle the pandemic.

Dr Fauci said he would rather America be 'overly aggressive and get criticized for overreacting' than be unprepared for the crisis, adding that citizens should be prepared to 'hunker down'.

The key member of the Trump administration's coronavirus task force also warned that young people are 'not immune' and that many could 'wind up getting seriously ill' as he urged a dramatic drop in people visiting bars and restaurants.

When asked if he would like a two week national shutdown to stop the spread of coronavirus, during an interview with NBC News' Meet the Press Sunday morning, Dr Fauci said he wanted the government to take as much action 'as we possibly could.'

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8114025/Fauci-doesnt-rule-worst-case-scenario-potential-1-7-million-U-S-deaths-coronavirus.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

The stats given are staggering and frightening.  US deaths could reach 2 million if we don't see containment.

Yet, I'm also worried about those that live paycheck to paycheck and those that have families.  14 days is a long time to be out of work with no $$ coming in. They want to shut down the food industry --- are they going to be shutting down the service industry as well; plumbers, electricians, builders, cable installers, AC repair?  I hope not ... what if you have a leak? 

Maybe they'll be compensated later, but in the interim what are folks going to to do to survive??  I doubt that they will be compensated -- the cost would be tremendous -- how would it be determined who gets compensated and when?  The time would be before they shut everything down to start compensating people -- Congress isn't going to let go of that kind of money -- our debt would absolutely skyrocket.

Yet, in my area, the schools are still going to be serving box lunches and breakfasts --- but the restaurants will be closed?  Some folks scrape by and live on McD's, Taco Bell, etc.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
The stats given are staggering and frightening.  US deaths could reach 2 million if we don't see containment.

Yet, I'm also worried about those that live paycheck to paycheck and those that have families.  14 days is a long time to be out of work with no $$ coming in. They want to shut down the food industry --- are they going to be shutting down the service industry as well; plumbers, electricians, builders, cable installers, AC repair?  I hope not ... what if you have a leak? 

Maybe they'll be compensated later, but in the interim what are folks going to to do to survive??  I doubt that they will be compensated -- the cost would be tremendous -- how would it be determined who gets compensated and when?  The time would be before they shut everything down to start compensating people -- Congress isn't going to let go of that kind of money -- our debt would absolutely skyrocket.

Yet, in my area, the schools are still going to be serving box lunches and breakfasts --- but the restaurants will be closed?  Some folks scrape by and live on McD's, Taco Bell, etc.
I really want someone to explain to me how a 'national 14 day shutdown' would work, who stays home? who works and who doesn't? Where will our food be produced and how will it get to stores, I assume they stay open? I just don't see how it will physically work, and yes you are correct what will most people who live paycheck to paycheck do? My BIL works at Disney and their closed through March.....at least. He's lucky, he got the House when his mom died and has no large bills and can draw on equity if he has to, but what about all the employees at Disney and every other place that has shut down where do the thousand that must have that paycheck get the money to buy food and pay bills? All these people will not just stay home they will shop and go out because they are bored to death and still interact.

I certainly couldn't just stay home, I am caretaker for my 89 year old mother and she depends on me for shopping, Dr. visits, household needs, etc so I am over there at least three or four times a week. Hell the media had her so worked up that she believed she had the virus when it was just mild bug that was already clearing after two days. The media has the elderly panicking.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2020, 09:16:00 pm by GtHawk »

Offline DB

Well the truth is we'd probably be better off if we just shut down for 3 weeks and put out the fire instead of doing the slow burn we're doing now. That is if we could really go back to normal after 3 weeks.