Author Topic: Amazon to hire 100,000 more workers and give raises to current staff to deal with coronavirus demand  (Read 430 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Amazon to hire 100,000 more workers and give raises to current staff to deal with coronavirus demands
Published Mon, Mar 16 20204:16 PM EDTUpdated Moments Ago
Annie Palmer

Amazon said Monday it plans to hire an additional 100,000 warehouse and delivery workers amid a surge in online orders from the coronavirus outbreak.
    The company is also raising pay for warehouse and delivery workers by $2 per hour in the U.S. 
    On Saturday, Amazon said some brands in the “household staples” category were out of stock and warned that some of its “delivery promises are longer than usual.”

Amazon is hiring an additional 100,000 employees in the U.S. to meet the surge in demand from online shopping amid the coronavirus outbreak, the company said Monday. 

The company is looking to add extra full-time and part-time positions for warehouse and delivery workers. It will raise pay for these employees by $2 per hour in the U.S., £2 per hour in the UK, and approximately €2 per hour in many EU countries. Amazon currently pays $15 per hour or more in some areas of the U.S.

more
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/16/amazon-to-hire-100000-warehouse-and-delivery-workers.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Except for AOC's district in NYC of course.

I know I've been rockin' the Amazon purchases recently.
The Republic is lost.

Offline libertybele

Well, they sure as heck have saved me a couple of times.  Who wants to go out when they're not feeling well?  With brick and mortar shutting down -- Amazon rules as far as finding items that you can't find anywhere else.  I think it is very unfortunate though that they have put a lot of people out of work. 

Now ... if they can just increase their supply of hand sanitizer we'd be all set.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.