Exclusive Content > News

Coronavirus and Covid-19 Related Events

<< < (4/10) > >>

Cyber Liberty:

--- Quote from: truth_seeker on March 17, 2020, 04:33:02 am ---How so?

How about a temporary short term measure, to save lives?

BTW South Coast Plaza, a favorite of visitors from Asia, closed today.

An Asian owned gun store in San Gabrial Valley, reported increased gun sales. I presume they are selling to area Asians, fearing attacks over their ethnicity.

Way beyond Ironic, since many medical personnel are Asians, walking into the fire every day to help people.

--- End quote ---

A temporary measure will be OK, unless/until people start to get the notion the National Government is lying about the need.  :shrug:

truth_seeker:

--- Quote from: Cyber Liberty on March 17, 2020, 06:30:23 am ---A temporary measure will be OK, unless/until people start to get the notion the National Government is lying about the need.  :shrug:

--- End quote ---

In the real world, peope are dying, shopping panic is taking place, govt. from highest to most local is implementing shelter-in-place" isolation, to "flatten the curve" and minimize the spread.

I think they have studied nations that did well, (So. Korea) and those that did poorly (Italy)

I hear the strong indication is the shutdown is the best course of action.

My wife's friend living in Harbin China reported they were free after 6 weeks of confinement, indicating the isolation worked there.

Finally I may be wrong. We remain in the :Fog of War" and determining the "truth" is a work in progress

Formerly Once-Ler:
I missed this earlier...just in case you did too.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UTvLwv28wY

Trump urges public to avoid crowds of 10 or more people
•Streamed live 12 hours ago
Fox News

He looks lucid.  He coudn't avoid patting his own back for where we find ourselves, but he has a course of action, and a health guideline.  His experts were informative, and President Trump also answered a lot of questions well.  He said most the media has been fair.  He said the Senate is negotiating with the House on a package.  He said he is working closely with the state governors.  He said the best thing he could do for the Stock Market is to get us through this virus.

I think that is a message that voters want to hear.  This was a really good press conference for President Trump  happy77

He is now ranting about the media on twitter in his tireless effort to combat COVID-19.   :thud:

PeteS in CA:
SF Bay Area counties began a three week quasi-lockdown, necessary trips only allowed, except for necessary businesses (e.g. stores, banks, medical offices and hospitals). Mrs. S in CA is working at home and I'll probably just be at home. The three week "shelter in place" duration extends beyond when our daughter is scheduled to fly back to China, so I'm not sure how she'll be affected.

https://www.sccgov.org/sites/phd/DiseaseInformation/novel-coronavirus/Pages/order-health-officer-031620.aspx

Formerly Once-Ler:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5jdgafH7eM

Trump, White House Coronavirus Task Force holds press briefing
•Streamed live 2 hours ago

Fox News

After a good performance yesterday President Trump was back to his usual unscripted barrage of vague.

"Progress is being made.  A very substantial increase in testing. 
The states are very much involved, and they have been involved from the begining, but we're stepping it up as much as we can.
I am speaking to lots of people and meeting lots of people.  Everybody is working strongly. 
The testing procedures are going well, and I think it's going to be something really great if it's done properly."
Then he kissed Gov Cuomo's ass

He eventually announced he was voiding Hippa laws concerning telehealth, and would not enforce infractions.

His back up dancers really shined today.
Pence was great at praising the President and good at promoting the 15-day guideline. 
He announced a public service ad campaign from the CDC, and a plea from private business for industrial masks. 
Mnuchin announced the purchase of a trillion dollar from the Fed and a 90 day tax extension.  Mnuchin also said he has talked with Pelosi twice today
Adml Brett Giroir USPSH said 31,878 test had been conducted by public labs like the CDC and 27,000 clinical test have been conducted, with 8,200 conducted yesterday. 
Since the first confirmed US test about 2 months ago on Jan 20th we have barely performed 50K tests. 
It's a pathetic figure because South Korea has been doing 10K per day for weeks but then they didn't go home for 4 day weekends like Majority Leader McConnell.

Dr. Birx asked young people to stop bar hoping, and promised the administration was committed to a real time website documenting statistics. 
She admitted that "Remember, all of these tests, the high speed tests were approved last Friday, last Friday night, and last Thursday night," when asked why less than 60K tests had been administered.
I didn't mind that much because I know they were lying their asses off weeks ago when they promised a million tests.

Dr Fauci was great.  "You don't want to put your loved ones at risk." I trust him.

Trump - "We are looking to save the maximum number of lives" which was awesome, but then he said he thought it was a pandemic before calling it a pandemic was cool

Near the end President Trump heaped great praise on the advisors standing next to him.  Then he moved on to the Congress "Democrats and Republicans." 
It was very classy and smart, but then Trump got into his usual rat/media ain't fair to me whine, and he was pulled for his nap.

90 minutes of questions and answers.  I'm impressed.  All in all this should have been a very good presser for the President.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version