Exclusive Content > News

Coronavirus and Covid-19 Related Events

<< < (3/10) > >>

PeteS in CA:

--- Quote from: libertybele on March 16, 2020, 05:54:04 pm ---Hopefully this vaccine will work and not just be a bandaid giving people false hope -- that will only spread this virus till its out of control.

Much like the flu vaccine -- every year they project which flu virus they think well be effective -- it is hit or miss every year.  Oh, and then they cover their butts by saying even the wrong strain of flu vaccine will help.  B.S.

--- End quote ---

The item to which you were referring was about testing a treatment rather than a vaccine. But a test of Moderna's experimental vaccine also began today. It was just 64 days ago that China identified the coronavirus to WHO, and both a treatment and a vaccine are in testing.

truth_seeker:
Episode 853 Scott Adams: Simultaneous Sipping, #Coronavirus, The Nursing Home Pillow Fight

11,574 views•Mar 16, 2020

Morecommon sense thinking

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

libertybele:

--- Quote from: PeteS in CA on March 16, 2020, 07:57:20 pm ---The item to which you were referring was about testing a treatment rather than a vaccine. But a test of Moderna's experimental vaccine also began today. It was just 64 days ago that China identified the coronavirus to WHO, and both a treatment and a vaccine are in testing.

--- End quote ---

The other stat that I heard is that it will be at least a year before they have a vaccine that can be administered to the general population.

This is going to be a very loooong year!

PeteS in CA:

--- Quote from: libertybele on March 16, 2020, 11:40:36 pm ---The other stat that I heard is that it will be at least a year before they have a vaccine that can be administered to the general population.

This is going to be a very loooong year!

--- End quote ---

As I posted in another thread, the FDA's testing and approval process is haunted by Thalidomide and DES. To use an analogy I've read elsewhere, if "safety" and "speed" are two pans in a pan balance, the FDA process starts with an anvil in the "safety" pan.

truth_seeker:

--- Quote from: Cyber Liberty on March 16, 2020, 12:38:33 am ---Prohibiting public assembly is not going to end well.

--- End quote ---
How so?

How about a temporary short term measure, to save lives?

BTW South Coast Plaza, a favorite of visitors from Asia, closed today.

An Asian owned gun store in San Gabrial Valley, reported increased gun sales. I presume they are selling to area Asians, fearing attacks over their ethnicity.

Way beyond Ironic, since many medical personnel are Asians, walking into the fire every day to help people.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version