Author Topic: 'We should really be overly aggressive': Fauci says the public not doing enough social distancing  (Read 307 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
'We should really be overly aggressive': Fauci says the public not doing enough social distancing
by Madison Dibble
 | March 15, 2020 09:20 AM

The public needs to do more to keep their distance from others to prevent the spread of the coronavirus, according to the nation's leading infectious diseases expert.

Anthony Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said on Sunday he would rather be criticized for "overreacting" than to watch the illness spread further.

"I would prefer as much [of a shut down] as we possibly could," Fauci said in an interview on NBC's Meet the Press. "I think we should really be overly aggressive and get criticized for overreacting."

He said the Trump administration has been "generally" following his team's advice, but that he needs to see more "social distancing" from the public.

"I think Americans should be prepared that they're gonna have to hunker down significantly more than we as a country are doing," Fauci said.

Fauci added, "You're gonna have people who are going to go to restaurants anyway. But for the most part, and particularly, if I can say this, this is particularly appropriate and relevant for people at the higher risk. The elderly and those who have underlying conditions right now should really hunker down."

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/we-should-really-be-overly-aggressive-fauci-says-americans-not-doing-enough-social-distancing
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34