Author Topic: Bernie Sanders Calls for Trump to Be Replaced on Coronavirus by Congress and 'Experts'  (Read 585 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Bernie Sanders Calls for Trump to Be Replaced on Coronavirus by Congress and 'Experts'

Joel B. Pollak   12 Mar 2020

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) called for authority over the coronavirus outbreak to be handed to an emergency bipartisan group of experts and to Congress rather than President Donald Trump.

Sanders called on President Trump to declare an “emergency” — something Trump already did on Jan. 31 — and then added that the president should essentially, be replaced:

Because President Trump is unwilling and unable to lead selflessly, we must immediately convene an emergency bipartisan authority of experts to support and direct a response [to coronavirus] that is comprehensive, compassionate, and based first and foremost on science and fact. In other words, Congress in a bipartisan manner must take responsibility for addressing this unparalleled crisis.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/03/12/bernie-sanders-calls-for-trump-to-be-replaced-on-coronavirus-by-congress-and-experts/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Crazy old geezer. All this yapping is just making Trump look better.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 02:35:51 pm by skeeter »

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
I like Trump.

But the man asked if a "solid flu vaccine" could be used to combat the Corona virus. He's not useful on this issue. I don't know how bad this virus actually is or isn't, but it's starting to look a little worrisome. I wouldn't mind bipartisan experts having a strong say in our response to it.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 02:38:01 pm by Dexter »
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline skeeter

I like Trump.

But the man asked if a "solid flu vaccine" could be used to combat the Corona virus. He's not useful on this issue.

So I take it you think he should be replaced, too.

Offline Dexter

So I take it you think he should be replaced, too.

This thing could be serious and Trump is not a scientist. We need to be listening to people that know what the hell they're talking about.
-Socrates

Offline PeteS in CA

I like Trump.

But the man asked if a "solid flu vaccine" could be used to combat the Corona virus. He's not useful on this issue. ... I wouldn't mind bipartisan experts having a strong say in our response to it.

So, an effective vaccine that protects against coronavirus isn't "combating" it? Please explain.

You want experts? The FDA and CDC have experts, and they are working on it. And as far as is known, they are not partisan. So why do you seem to want to involve politics and politicians? Should I append a joke about things invented by committee?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Dexter

So why do you seem to want to involve politics and politicians?

I thought we were having a discussion about leaving it in the hands of a bipartisan group of experts.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 06:06:04 pm by Dexter »
-Socrates

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I thought we were having a discussion about leaving it in the hands of a nonpartisan group of experts.

You said yourself you want bipartisan, and now nonpartisan.  Which is it?

You say Trump is not a scientist and this is true.  Neither is the one you seem to prefer replace Trump in January. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline DB

Dems are all for "democracy" until they want a veto over it. The hypocrisy never ends.

Offline Dexter

You said yourself you want bipartisan, and now nonpartisan.  Which is it?

Oh, that was a typo, my bad. I am just saying I thought the point of the article was to approach this through experts with limited bias.

You say Trump is not a scientist and this is true.  Neither is the one you seem to prefer replace Trump in January.

Actually I don't know that I'd support Bernie over Trump at this point in time. The damage Trump is doing to status quo politics in invaluable. Also Bernie is wrong about immigration at a time when we really need a president that's right about it. Immigration is probably my number one issue right now.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 06:04:58 pm by Dexter »
-Socrates

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Oh, that was a typo, my bad. I am just saying I thought the point of the article was to approach this through experts with limited bias.

Actually I don't know that I'd support Bernie over Trump at this point in time. The damage Trump is doing to status quo politics in invaluable. Also Bernie is wrong about immigration at a time when we really need a president that's right about it. Immigration is probably my number one issue right now.

You have stated, in page after page of posts, you are all for what Bernie "wants," so I can be forgiven for thinking you are a Bernie supporter.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline skeeter

I thought we were having a discussion about leaving it in the hands of a bipartisan group of experts.

Have you ever participated on a team of individual 'experts' on a project of any significance?

Without a leader, not necessarily an expert but a leader, there is chaos.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 06:11:20 pm by skeeter »

Offline Dexter

You have stated, in page after page of posts, you are all for what Bernie "wants," so I can be forgiven for thinking you are a Bernie supporter.

I would potentially vote for Bernie at the right moment, which is not now. We need to fix immigration before we start implementing public college and healthcare. Not doing so would be a disaster. I'd definitely love to see him get the nod over Biden though. I don't think Bernie could beat Trump in the general anyway.

I don't need to agree with everything a candidate says or wants to be willing to vote for them. That's how I am able to be cool with both Bernie and Trump.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 06:13:43 pm by Dexter »
-Socrates

Offline EdinVA

I like Trump.

But the man asked if a "solid flu vaccine" could be used to combat the Corona virus. He's not useful on this issue. I don't know how bad this virus actually is or isn't, but it's starting to look a little worrisome. I wouldn't mind bipartisan experts having a strong say in our response to it.

@Dexter
What is wrong with the statement you highlighted?
When the polio vaccine first came out it was given to us via a sugar cube you melted in your mouth and swallowed..... it is a fast way to "get er done"

Offline Dexter

@Dexter
What is wrong with the statement you highlighted?
When the polio vaccine first came out it was given to us via a sugar cube you melted in your mouth and swallowed..... it is a fast way to "get er done"

A flu vaccine would not be effective against the Corona virus because it's not the flu; that's not how vaccination works. I forgive Trump for what he said, but it's a reminder that this is not his area of expertise. We should be listening to the experts right now.
-Socrates

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
A flu vaccine would not be effective against the Corona virus because it's not the flu; that's not how vaccination works. I forgive Trump for what he said, but it's a reminder that this is not his area of expertise. We should be listening to the experts right now.

You don't think he's doing that?
I will NOT comply.

Offline Dexter

You don't think he's doing that?

I'm sure he is I just don't have an issue with what was suggested. A group of bipartisan experts having a lot of pull in this matter would be a good thing. They are the ones that know what's up.
-Socrates

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
It would be funny if it were not so sad.  A man that has spent 30 years doing nothing whatsoever telling reporters what we should be doing on this crisis.  No thank you.  I trust the president is doing his best with a bunch of Never Trumpers around him.  Yeah, Never Trumpers, almost to the man/woman with these health agencies.

Doin nothing Sanders should focus his energy on defeating an escapee from the assisted living facility.  He can't even do that.  Amazing what Americans accept for leadership.  This flunky got kicked out of a commune for being lazy.  Does it get any funnier than that?  ROFLMAO  Do you think he got a case of the American work ethic along the way?  I think not.  The folks in Vermont have *hit for brains to buy this fool's rhetoric.

Hey, free everything.  I got news for you, someone says free and right away they got folks following them.

Offline dancer

Heh.  He was not only kicked out of the commune for laziness, he lived with his parents until he was 40!  He has never held a real job.

Offline LMAO

Bernie Sanders only job is to snipe from the sidelines. That’s just what opposition parties do
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy