Author Topic: Dems pass bill to keep Trump from ordering travel bans during virus crisis  (Read 487 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Dems pass bill to keep Trump from ordering travel bans during virus crisis
By
M. Dowling -
March 12, 2020

The House and Senate Democrats are so concerned about the American public that they decided to pass a bill stripping the President of his legal authority to impose travel bans to protect American citizens.

CDC’s Dr. Anthony Fauci made it clear that the China travel ban greatly slowed the spread of coronavirus in this country. This evening the President stopped travel from Europe except the UK since Europe did not institute China travel bans and are in much worse shape than we are. Europeans coming into the United States and spreading the illness.

While the spreading of Wuhan Virus continues, Speaker Pelosi is playing politics and trying to keep the President from doing his job.

The president implemented travel bans on China and Iran, two heavily affected nations, and it is well within his responsibilities in this health emergency. Speaker Pelosi is out to stop him for political expediency, without regard for the safety and welfare of her countrymen.

THE NO BAN ACT

The “No Ban Act,” introduced by Rep. Judy Chu (D-CA) and co-sponsored by 219 House Democrats, would have prevented the President from immediately implementing a travel ban on China once the outbreak of the coronavirus spread past its origins of Wuhan.

more
https://www.independentsentinel.com/dems-pass-bill-to-keep-trump-from-ordering-travel-bans-during-virus-crisis/?utm_source=whatfinger&fbclid=IwAR0l2LV19OyCVpJT69Hnm3zQiy-CWe9e7D_tJGGnhtTSy1Xr9rGHPcmsH4o
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EdinVA

They all got their PHD's in stupid

Offline PeteS in CA

While this would have prevented Trump from banning travelers from China, Iran, and EuroLand, IIRC the Dems' actual target with this bill was the travel bans the Dems and their MSM-shills have lyingly labelled "Muslim travel bans".
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
This bill ain't goin' nowhere.
Didn't the democrat-communists suddenly wise up and pull it...?

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
No, the Dems are anti American, and I consider Pelosi a self serving traitor fully worthy of indictment, conviction and dispatch.  No joke.  This pissant bimbo will kill Americans and not think twice about it.

Anyone that votes for the Dems in November are dumb as they come.  I am still waiting for the folks I know in Georgia supporting Sanders to tell me one thing he has done or accomplished since he has been in Congress.  Just crickets.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Agreed.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

According to the article, they have 219 sponsors...enough to pass any bill.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline skeeter

I thought they pulled it...

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I thought they pulled it...

I believe they did, yes.  Pelosi is still in charge, so to speak.  She knows the stupidity of this bill is beyond words.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
More fear mongering.

The ban doesn't affect Americans traveling back into the U.S.  Not citizens or green card holders.  It also is a very incomplete list of countries that have Coronavirus.  Any person with mathematical ability will see that any cases in any country will most probably double or triple within a few day.  So the entire world is in danger and can spread the virus.  Trudeau's wife contracted Coronavirus while in the UK, which isn't on the list.  Several Senators are on self quarantine from CPAC and even Mara Lago.

Lindsey Graham is under self quarantine after Mara Lago visit.  And the Brazilian president who met with Trump at Mara Lago has tested positive.

This virus requires global coordination.  Not fearmongering that is highly ineffective.  Travel bans, yes.  But coordinated by all governments in the interest of protecting lives.  And Trump could start by calling off any visits from foreign governments.  And shutting down Mara Lago.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 08:01:16 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Snarknado

• Anti

It's still goin' nowhere except the grim reaper's graveyard along with the hundreds of others they've passed since last year.
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA