Author Topic: Trump declares national emergency over coronavirus, enlists private sector  (Read 319 times)

Offline libertybele

The President gave a good speech; very informative and I felt reassured that everything is being done.  Those that were standing behind him and spoke from the private sector should be applauded -- he IMHO is bringing the country together to fight this virus.  I also have to give Pence a round of applause -- he did a good job in handling the press for the President.

Trump declares national emergency over coronavirus, enlists private sector

President Trump on Friday declared a national emergency over the coronavirus outbreak amid extensive disruptions to the economy and American life, announcing partnerships with major U.S. companies to expand testing capabilities while saying he believes the crisis "will pass.”

The president also announced that he would likely be tested for coronavirus “fairly soon,” after having been in contact with several individuals who have self-quarantined, or tested positive for the virus.

Speaking to reporters, the president also said his administration is working to "dramatically increase the availability of tests," amid concerns over the availability of tests for coronavirus, or COVID-19, across the country.

“We are announcing a new partnership with the private sector to vastly increase and accelerate our capacity to test for the coronavirus,” Trump said during the Rose Garden press conference. “We want people to take a test quickly if they need. But we don’t want people to take the test if we feel they shouldn’t be doing it.”

The president’s declaration of a national emergency means that he will enact the Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act, which allows the White House to mobilize the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and direct federal aid to states hit by disasters and health crises.

"I am officially declaring a national emergency -- two very big words," Trump continued. "The action I am taking will open up access to up to $50 billion...and a large amount of money for states, territories and localities."

He added: "We've been working very hard on this. We will overcome the threat of the virus."

According to the latest FEMA report to Congress, which was transmitted Feb. 29, 2020, there is $42.6 billion in the Disaster Relief Fund, which can be tapped under a Stafford Act declaration..............

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-declares-national-emergency-coronavirus
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

It seems like we will have an emergency response team that will be admired by other countries.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DB

It seems like we will have an emergency response team that will be admired by other countries.

That was good move and should get results.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
It's a shame we can't infuse a cure into toilet paper rolls....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline libertybele

It's a shame we can't infuse a cure into toilet paper rolls....

Well....more appropriately it's a shame we can't infuse a cure into tissues .... it would seem a little more appropriate .... I could give some reasons ... but, I won't. :silly: