Author Topic: Calm Down, Breathe Through Your Nose - Covid19 NO BIG DEAL  (Read 25687 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Calm Down, Breathe Through Your Nose - Covid19 NO BIG DEAL
« Reply #125 on: March 15, 2020, 08:50:16 pm »
@truth_seeker  I'd be interested in hearing what they report back.
If/when I get info I'll post it, although I was repeatedly assured here, that anecdotal stuff is worthless.

As mentioned I'm trying to get info from Indonesia, Ohilippines, Thailand, So. Korea. (earlier today I mentioned my wife's info from Harbin China, from a former co-worker.

I tend to value Anecdotal.

A Marathon. A jounalist reports. A participant runs it.

Given the choice, I want to hear from the participant.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #126 on: March 15, 2020, 08:55:34 pm »
talians take to singing at windows to beat virus blues | AFP
184,393 views•Mar 13, 2020

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

“UNCLE VINNY HAS THE CORONAVIRUS” by Rodia Comedy
9,369 views•Mar 14, 2020

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #127 on: March 15, 2020, 08:57:00 pm »
If/when I get info I'll post it, although I was repeatedly assured here, that anecdotal stuff is worthless.

As mentioned I'm trying to get info from Indonesia, Ohilippines, Thailand, So. Korea. (earlier today I mentioned my wife's info from Harbin China, from a former co-worker.

I tend to value Anecdotal.

A Marathon. A jounalist reports. A participant runs it.

Given the choice, I want to hear from the participant.

You'll get no argument from me about it being anecdotal.  I'd rather hear from the participants too.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #128 on: March 15, 2020, 09:01:03 pm »
You'll get no argument from me about it being anecdotal.  I'd rather hear from the participants too.

Well, the guy who dismissed everything anecdotal went bye bye.

The rest of us value evidence wherever it comes from.  happy77
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #129 on: March 15, 2020, 09:38:18 pm »
Okay. I'm compelled to ask. Just what is it that you think POTUS should be doing that he hasn't done?

Thank you for your reply and subjecting your opinion to criticism.  I admire your thick skin

Trump should not destroy the faith in institutions like WHO and CDC by denying their figures.  He should not promote a message of "who cares" in complete defiance of his chosen experts.  He should have limited travel quicker, He should have declared a National Emergency sooner.  He should not pat himself on the back for a record stock recovery on Friday after 2 weeks of loses.  What he can do now is announce a plethora of solutions.  They don't have to work but they have to be proposed.  What are the solutions?  I dunno, and it don't even matter.  "Today I signed an Executive Order to increase our hospital bed capacity by 10% and expand tax credits to retired nurses and doctors for 12 months." Next he can report the progress on the stuff he already announced as enacted.  "The travel ban has reduced traffic and infection rates by 50%.  We are streamlining regulations on incoming cargo, and the workers who handle them.  The google ap will go online tomorrow.   Here is our progress on student loans, here is our progress on legislation to fix stuff, here is Nancy Pelosi, and Chuck Schumer by my side saying we are working on it."

If the panic is all that is propelling this, and it's not, but if it was, you attack the panic rather than deny it's legitimacy.

His surrogates should be everywhere including CNN and MSNBC.  People are watching the news.

I saw some article in the last few days that Biden had plagiarized Trump's response to the Coronavirus.  Maybe there is some less offensive ideas Biden stole that can be utilized.  I don't know what the President could do, I just don't see him doing much.  I suffer from TDS but I don't think I am unusual in that I'm disappointed in President Trump's objectivist response.

https://www.vox.com/2020/3/15/21180506/coronavirus-poll-democrats-republicans-trump A new poll shows a startling partisan divide on the dangers of the coronavirus

Right or left, we almost all have skin in the stock market and it is indisputable to all but the most dedicated partisan which party is more concerned about the Coronavirus.  I don't think this ends well for Trump unless it turns around immediately. 

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #130 on: March 15, 2020, 09:41:50 pm »
Well, the guy who dismissed everything anecdotal went bye bye.

The rest of us value evidence wherever it comes from.  happy77

True dat.  I don't know what bugged me more:  Was it the sensation that we were talking to a wall, or rather the infantile High School Debating techniques like that?  "I can't refute the argument, so I'll refute the source/type of the data!"
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #131 on: March 15, 2020, 10:16:48 pm »
True dat.  I don't know what bugged me more:  Was it the sensation that we were talking to a wall, or rather the infantile High School Debating techniques like that?  "I can't refute the argument, so I'll refute the source/type of the data!"

Or just change the subject or move the goalposts.  *****rollingeyes*****

Thing is.... he wasn’t even a good high school debater!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #132 on: March 15, 2020, 10:25:11 pm »
Or just change the subject or move the goalposts.  *****rollingeyes*****

Thing is.... he wasn’t even a good high school debater!

A regular magnate of fallacies, that one.
I will NOT comply.

Online ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #133 on: March 15, 2020, 11:48:39 pm »

jpsb is the one who needs to lighten up.  Panic is the exact opposite.  That's where he is and solely for vile political reasons.
The Book Commentary: "The book (Brilliant Creations - The Wonder of Nature and Life) is pure genius."
Review by John Orosz, M.D. "It is beyond outstanding. Please send me twenty signed copies for colleagues, family, and libraries."
"I was running every morning for twenty years with a genius." - Mike McCartney, D.D.S.
"You have the most agile mind of anyone I know." -
Avice Marie Griffin, PhD, Clinical Psychologist

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #134 on: March 15, 2020, 11:58:18 pm »
jpsb is the one who needs to lighten up.  Panic is the exact opposite.  That's where he is and solely for vile political reasons.

??? What "vile political purposes?"

Explain, please.
I will NOT comply.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #135 on: March 16, 2020, 12:15:12 am »

Trump should not destroy the faith in institutions like WHO and CDC by denying their figures. 
You must not be up to speed on what the CDC has done to propagate this virus.
The 4 Key Reasons the U.S. Is So Behind on Coronavirus Testing
Testing is essential for identifying people who have been infected and for understanding the true scope of the outbreak. But when the initial test from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention was rolled out to state public-health laboratories in early February, one of its components was discovered to be faulty. Since then, academic, clinical, and other laboratories have struggled to get or make new tests and diagnose patients.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2020/03/why-coronavirus-testing-us-so-delayed/607954/
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Hoodat

« Reply #136 on: March 16, 2020, 01:00:44 am »
But when the initial test from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention was rolled out to state public-health laboratories in early February, one of its components was discovered to be faulty. Since then, academic, clinical, and other laboratories have struggled to get or make new tests and diagnose patients.[/i]

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2020/03/why-coronavirus-testing-us-so-delayed/607954/

Exactly.  Two points worth mentioning here.  First, the purpose of the tests is so that they could be administered AND analyzed locally and quickly without having to send samples in to the CDC.  Secondly, as soon as the problem with the component was discovered, the CDC immediately corrected it and started creating new kits.

Can't speak for other States, but my home State of Georgia had originally been given the faulty kits.  But the CDC delivered 1.5 million new kits to Georgia by March 5.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline jpsb

« Reply #137 on: March 16, 2020, 01:17:33 am »
Exactly.  Two points worth mentioning here.  First, the purpose of the tests is so that they could be administered AND analyzed locally and quickly without having to send samples in to the CDC.  Secondly, as soon as the problem with the component was discovered, the CDC immediately corrected it and started creating new kits.

Can't speak for other States, but my home State of Georgia had originally been given the faulty kits.  But the CDC delivered 1.5 million new kits to Georgia by March 5.

The CDC blew it big time, other labs has tests ready to go and the CDC told them all to stand down and stop working on test kits. Then they rolled outs kits that did not work and still told private labs and university labs to stand down. Idiots protecting "their turff" and not the American people. The head of the CDC should be fired. It's because of the CDC that we have no good numbers for the USA and territories.

If the USA turns into Italy blame the CDC.

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/02/united-states-badly-bungled-coronavirus-testing-things-may-soon-improve
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 01:23:56 am by jpsb »

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #138 on: March 16, 2020, 05:20:36 am »
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 09:29:08 am by Once-Ler »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #139 on: March 16, 2020, 01:41:13 pm »
Before the end of the day, I think we will move this to the Members' Editorials section since that is more of what this actually is IF there is no objection.

Online Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #140 on: March 16, 2020, 01:49:31 pm »
We just went from 3 in my town to another three this morning according to the latest text alert from Nixle.

If you don’t have Nixle texts I do recommend them. Google Nixle. Then type where you live. These alerts really do come in handy not only for heath but they tell you about traffic and where there’s an accident as well as what roads are down. Saves driving time!
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #141 on: March 16, 2020, 01:51:41 pm »
We just went from 3 in my town to another three this morning according to the latest text alert from Nixle.

If you don’t have Nixle texts I do recommend them. Google Nixle. Then type where you live. These alerts really do come in handy not only for heath but they tell you about traffic and where there’s an accident as well as what roads are down. Saves driving time!

This is noteworthy in any of these threads, I will post it in the big one above on world coronavirus news. Handy tool.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #142 on: March 16, 2020, 02:12:38 pm »
14 hours later - 69

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

The quantity of fatalities is a number that is never going to go down.  It can only go up.  A more useful statistic would be the ratio of recoveries to deaths.  At some point, this number will rise, and then eventually level out.

Today, it stands at 11.86.

Another ratio to observe is cases to recoveries.  Once we stop getting new cases, this number will move closer to 1.  Today it stands at 2.19.  This indicates that over half the cases are ongoing and have not yet achieved an outcome (recovery or death).
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #143 on: March 16, 2020, 02:14:41 pm »
This is noteworthy in any of these threads, I will post it in the big one above on world coronavirus news. Handy tool.

Thanks. I decided since I’m going stir crazy at home I’m going to give myself a mani pedi. Only so much Netflix and chill you can do without going a little  22222frying pan. @TomSea
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #144 on: March 16, 2020, 02:30:52 pm »

Nixle is not for me yet, I get a message about my local agencies not being enrolled.   :shrug:
I will NOT comply.

Online ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #145 on: March 16, 2020, 07:27:16 pm »
The quantity of fatalities is a number that is never going to go down.  It can only go up.  A more useful statistic would be the ratio of recoveries to deaths.

What nonsense.  "Recoveries" can only make reference to people who have been tested and diagnosed with the illness.  Please.  The overwhelming majority NEVER get tested because their symptoms were insignificant.

THE MOST USEFUL STATISTIC is the number of American fatalities.  It's around 60 right now.
That's fewer than the accident fatalities today!  So the moral is:  DON'T DRIVE TO THE STORE!

80,000 died of flu in 2017-2018 so extend your panic today over 60 deaths this year.
The Book Commentary: "The book (Brilliant Creations - The Wonder of Nature and Life) is pure genius."
Review by John Orosz, M.D. "It is beyond outstanding. Please send me twenty signed copies for colleagues, family, and libraries."
"I was running every morning for twenty years with a genius." - Mike McCartney, D.D.S.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #146 on: March 16, 2020, 07:29:46 pm »

The quantity of fatalities is a number that is never going to go down.

What nonsense.  .  .  .

THE MOST USEFUL STATISTIC is the number of American fatalities.  It's around 60 right now.

Interesting take.  So when do you expect the number of American fatalities to go down to 50?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 07:30:43 pm by Hoodat »

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #147 on: March 16, 2020, 07:30:59 pm »
14 hours later - 69

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Wow !  You so smart (wink, nudge).

A total of 36,560 people died in motor vehicle crashes in 2018. The U.S. Department of Transportation's most recent estimate of the annual economic cost of crashes is $242 billion dollars.  www.iihs.org

100 people a day die in car accidents.  And you're screaming like a little girl over far fewer because Fake News beats its Hate Trump Drums?

Stay at home. Don't go anywhere.  And tell all your little friends of like mind to do the same.

Online ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #148 on: March 16, 2020, 07:32:47 pm »
What nonsense.  .  .  .

Interesting take.  So when do you expect the number of American fatalities to go down to 50?

"Fatalities going down" is YOUR phrase, not mine.

But along your nonsense lines, when do you expect the traffic fatalities to "go down to 50 A DAY???    See how silly your games are?  No, I don't think you do.  Leftists never admit they have been wrong.  They always double down.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #149 on: March 16, 2020, 07:40:34 pm »
"Fatalities going down" is YOUR phrase, not mine.

Again:  "The quantity of fatalities is a number that is never going to go down."

But along your nonsense lines, when do you expect the traffic fatalities to "go down to 50 A DAY???

50/day is a rate.  It denotes the derivative of the quantity equation (i.e. the total number of deaths over time).  I never said anything about the death rate - only the total number of deaths (which will never go down).

The death quantity equation will eventually normalize.  Once that happens, an accurate assessment of the death rate can be derived.  But not until then.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-