Exclusive Content > Editorials

Calm Down, Breathe Through Your Nose - Covid19 NO BIG DEAL

<< < (3/62) > >>

ChemEngrMBA:
he National Health Service reports 2.83% fatality rate in the United States for some 1339 confirmed cases.
No doubt there are many more unreported and unconfirmed cases which reduces the mortality rate far below 2.8%. This is dreadful news for the Haters on the Left who want the worst for America always.

musiclady:

--- Quote from: DeerSlayer on March 12, 2020, 05:54:12 pm ---he National Health Service reports 2.83% fatality rate in the United States for some 1339 confirmed cases.
No doubt there are many more unreported and unconfirmed cases which reduces the mortality rate far below 2.8%. This is dreadful news for the Haters on the Left who want the worst for America always.

--- End quote ---

Also........ until they distinguish in the morality rate who had pre-existing conditions and who didn't, we have no idea what that rate would be for people who are otherwise healthy.

Is it near zero??

I'd like to know.

jafo2010:
This post has true information, but it is also misleading.

First off, it is reported that for those over 60 with a health condition, the mortality rate is 49%.

And most important, suppose the virus goes away with warm weather like the cold virus.  I can assure you, it will be back in the fall.  This virus will be among the population perhaps permanently, coming back to reinfect every year.  It will survive in the southern hemisphere when our summer approaches.

We will need to adjust for the next couple years until a vaccine is developed, and even then, people will get the virus and die.  Once the panic is over, we will get back to some semblance of normal living.  But the virus is here to stay.  And I think it is a harbinger of the future.  This is the first of a number of diseases that will begin to slim the ranks of people on earth. 

When the population was around 3.75 billion, around 1972 or so, I had a bio professor tell me the planet is over populated, and that mother nature will unleash something to bring the population under control.  When HIV/AIDS came along, I thought that was what would do it.  It didn't.  But now I see one new outbreak after another, and each will take its turn to reduce the population.  I say the future in the middle of this century is bleak.

Smokin Joe:

--- Quote from: Gefn on March 12, 2020, 05:19:10 pm ---Everyone is panicking. What if you have a regular normal 24 hour bug but you’re afraid it’s something more sinister?

--- End quote ---
Then you go get tested and really risk exposure to the real thing!

Oh, wait... :shrug:

Smokin Joe:

--- Quote from: jafo2010 on March 12, 2020, 06:30:34 pm ---This post has true information, but it is also misleading.

First off, it is reported that for those over 60 with a health condition, the mortality rate is 49%.

And most important, suppose the virus goes away with warm weather like the cold virus.  I can assure you, it will be back in the fall.  This virus will be among the population perhaps permanently, coming back to reinfect every year.  It will survive in the southern hemisphere when our summer approaches.

We will need to adjust for the next couple years until a vaccine is developed, and even then, people will get the virus and die.  Once the panic is over, we will get back to some semblance of normal living.  But the virus is here to stay.  And I think it is a harbinger of the future.  This is the first of a number of diseases that will begin to slim the ranks of people on earth. 

When the population was around 3.75 billion, around 1972 or so, I had a bio professor tell me the planet is over populated, and that mother nature will unleash something to bring the population under control.  When HIV/AIDS came along, I thought that was what would do it.  It didn't.  But now I see one new outbreak after another, and each will take its turn to reduce the population.  I say the future in the middle of this century is bleak.

--- End quote ---
For the most part, HIV/AIDS is behaviourally controlled, and linked to behaviours which really aren't a large segment of the population. Not Pandemic stuff.

This is droplet borne, surface transferred, and has all the makings of something that is community acquired. That makes it a candidate, but not necessarily the great scythe of the Reaper.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version