Author Topic: Pelosi: Democrats open to tweaking virus bill, but won't wait long for GOP backing  (Read 297 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pelosi: Democrats open to tweaking virus bill, but won't wait long for GOP backing
By Mike Lillis - 03/12/20 12:02 PM EDT

Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said Thursday that Democrats are open to amending their legislation to stimulate the economy amid the coronavirus turmoil, but warned that she won't wait for Republicans to get on board.

"I don't want to stick around because they don't want to agree to language," Pelosi told reporters in the Capitol. "Everybody could have a complaint about this or that," she added. "Save it for another day."

The remarks both highlight the significant leverage the majority House Democrats have in the coronavirus debate and signal that Pelosi is not backing down from her initial plan to pass a relief bill through the House and then recess the lower chamber, putting enormous pressure on the Senate to act.

"I don't think we would wait until there's a signed bill," she said. "We will have done our work, and we hope that that would be an incentive for the Senate to move quickly."

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/487240-pelosi-democrats-open-to-tweaking-virus-bill-but-wont-wait-long-for-gop
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

When Pelosi goes on recess it'll be Executive Order time.

BTW HOW can she even THINK about recessing the House at a time like this? /s

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
"Tweaks?"  I'd hazard a guess that any bill the Rats propose will be 100% lard and can be dismissed out of hand.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
"Tweaks?"  I'd hazard a guess that any bill the Rats propose will be 100% lard and can be dismissed out of hand.
Don't forget the abortion funding she wants to sneak in.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline musiclady

Don't forget the abortion funding she wants to sneak in.

Hard to forget the issue that they would (literally) kill to keep funded..... 
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.