Author Topic: Senate GOP chairman abruptly shifts course on subpoena targeting Bidens  (Read 214 times)

Offline corbe

Senate GOP chairman abruptly shifts course on subpoena targeting Bidens

Mike DeBonis 53 mins ago

A top Senate Republican abruptly canceled plans to subpoena records and testimony from an official connected to a Ukrainian firm that once employed the son of former vice president Joe Biden.

The decision by Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wis.), chairman of the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee, comes as Democrats have attacked the probe as politically motivated, especially as Biden surges in his bid for the Democratic presidential nomination and the chance to face President Trump. Some have warned it could play into Russian efforts to spread disinformation ahead of the presidential election in November.

In a message Wednesday to members of the panel, sent roughly an hour before a planned vote, Johnson said he would indefinitely postpone the subpoena for documents and testimony from Andrii Telizhenko, a Ukrainian national who worked for a U.S. lobbying firm that acted on behalf of Burisma, the Ukrainian energy company that employed Hunter Biden as a board member. Johnson said he was doing so “out of an abundance of caution and to allow time for [senators] to receive additional briefings.”

But Johnson indicated that the investigation would continue. He said in an interview Wednesday that he would instead seek to directly subpoena the lobbying firm, Blue Star Strategies.

<..snip..>

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/senate-gop-chairman-abruptly-shifts-course-on-subpoena-targeting-bidens/ar-BB113hXx?ocid=spartanntp
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline bilo

Disappointed doesn't really cover how I feel, but it's the only word I can think of at the moment. All the other words I would have used are swear words. 
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home