Author Topic: Supreme Court gives Trump win by allowing 'remain in Mexico' policy to continue  (Read 179 times)

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Supreme Court gives Trump win by allowing 'remain in Mexico' policy to continue

The U.S. Supreme Court delivered a win to President Trump on Wednesday by allowing his administration to enforce the "Remain in Mexico" asylum policy as litigation surrounding it continues.

The Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals had said a week earlier that it would block the policy in Arizona and California, the two border states where its authority extends. The Trump administration then turned to the Supreme Court for relief.

"The application for stay presented to Justice Kagan and by her referred to the Court is granted, and the district court’s April 8, 2019 order granting a preliminary injunction is stayed pending the timely filing and disposition of a petition for a writ of certiorari," the Supreme Court said in an order, which noted that Justice Sonia Sotomayor opposed the Trump administration's stay application.

The high court action came a day before the lower court order was to have taken effect. Instead, the "Remain in Mexico" policy will remain in force while a lawsuit challenging it plays out in the courts.........

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/supreme-court-gives-trump-temporary-win-on-remain-in-mexico-policy
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.