Author Topic: Meet the Insane People Still Planning Cruise Ship Vacations  (Read 1548 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: Meet the Insane People Still Planning Cruise Ship Vacations
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2020, 05:04:50 pm »
Then pray no one in your family gets cancer like my wife has, which is the reason I happened to be in Houston this week visiting MD Anderson.

And if someone does get cancer, MDA is the best and will take one inside the loop.

You and your wife will be in my prayers!

Cancer sucks.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2020, 10:34:31 pm »
I’m so sorry @IsailedawayfromFR . Adding your wife and family to my prayers as well.  :0001:
ty.  All is appreciated
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2020, 10:35:30 pm »
You and your wife will be in my prayers!

Cancer sucks.
ty.  Very kind
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline thackney

« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2020, 11:39:39 pm »
Thanks!

Our plans are to fly into Fairbanks, go south to Denali and Mt. McKinley, then take the train to the coast and the cruise ship from there.

We have several good excursions planned as well, one of which is to take a smaller ship into one of the glaciers.

I really, REALLY hope this trip doesn't have to be canceled!

(If you have any suggestions as to what kinds of things to see in a short time in Fairbanks, Ketchican, Skagway and Juneau, let us know.  We've basically just got city tours planned, but if there's some place special you know about, let me know!)

That is great.  I highly recommend getting up early for the first bus in Denali tours.  IIRC, 6:30 am, if you want to see most of the park.  It should be open, but some years the last roads will not fully open until July.

See as many side trip excursions as you are willing to pay.  We knew we would not stay there so we lived like tourist for 4 years, trying to see it all.  Jeff King does an fantastic sled dog tour.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 11:41:09 pm by thackney »
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online Hoodat

« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2020, 12:09:43 am »
I just re-booked flights for an April vacation.  Fares dropped since original booking.   I now have better flights (which were not available two months ago), and now have a $400 credit with Southwest.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Applewood

« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2020, 12:17:49 am »
I just re-booked flights for an April vacation.  Fares dropped since original booking.   I now have better flights (which were not available two months ago), and now have a $400 credit with Southwest.

:thumbsup:

« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2020, 01:00:12 am »
@IsailedawayfromFR

Adding my prayers for you, your wife and family.
Thx, am grateful.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2020, 01:03:25 am »
@IsailedawayfromFR

Sincere prayers for your wife, your family, her medical team and you.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2020, 01:12:16 pm »
@IsailedawayfromFR

Sincere prayers for your wife, your family, her medical team and you.
Thanks.  Those prayers are most appreciated

Online Hoodat

« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2020, 04:34:13 pm »
Thanks.  Those prayers are most appreciated

cancer is a name

Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Philippians 2:9-11

G-d is a G-d of restoration.  I pray the restoration of health upon your family and that His destiny be revealed in each of you.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline musiclady

« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2020, 05:28:48 pm »
cancer is a name

Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

G-d is a G-d of restoration.  I pray the restoration of health upon your family and that His destiny be revealed in each of you.

Amen!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2020, 06:51:17 pm »
cancer is a name

Amen as well!

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2020, 07:06:14 pm »
@IsailedawayfromFR
You and your wife will be in our prayers.

Regarding cruises, I took one a month ago, and everyone on the ship was a bit concerned about corona exposure.  I thought the ship did a great job cleaning the ship.  Folks were in evidence every day cleaning everything.

I booked another cruise for later in the year.  I am not overly concerned about corona virus.  My wife is a physician for CDC, and in fact is being deployed to work on corona next week.

The UGLY TRUTH is that this virus most likely will be around every year moving forward, so we might as well get used to it.  So, bottomline, folks need to adjust to the reality of it all.  The response is a bit over the top.  If in fact, 100,000 + have it in Ohio, then it is well entrenched in the population, and the impact is really minimal. 

We have strains of bacteria completely resistant to anti-biotics beyond MERS killing folks in far greater numbers in the USA, and there is no panic with that.  The media and the Democommies are an absolute disgrace.

Fear of the unknown is understandable, but this response is lunacy.   

« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2020, 01:07:12 am »
@IsailedawayfromFR
You and your wife will be in our prayers.

TY.  You and your fellow compatriots here are making me feel very humble with your kindness.