Author Topic: ‘Mass Hysteria’: WaPo Quarantines Entire Staff Over Coronavirus  (Read 474 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Shelby Talcott
Media Reporter
March 10, 2020 3:46 PM ET

The Washington Post encouraged all of its employees to work from home in a memo sent by the publication’s publisher Tuesday.

Tuesday’s memo follows a directive encouraging WaPo reporters who covered the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) in February to self-quarantine for seven days. A CPAC attendee tested positive for coronavirus, prompting numerous officials and journalists who also attended the event to self-quarantine.

“We have decided to begin encouraging (but not mandating) employees to work from home if your role and equipment needs make it practical to do so, starting tomorrow through the end of the month,” WaPo’s publisher Fred Ryan wrote in a memo shared with the Daily Caller. “We intend to continue our operations at full scale even with this change in employee locations.”

“We will continue to take every precaution to help mitigate any spread of covid-19 to our employees while maintaining the operations that serve our readers around the globe.”

more
https://dailycaller.com/2020/03/10/washington-post-all-employees-stay-home-coronavirus/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

But who will generate the fake news?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline thackney

It is not as if they had to do real investigative reporting.  You can make stuff up at home and email it in.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Fake News is easier to phone in than using up shoe leather doing actual reporting.  There will be no interruption of Fake news, upon this we can rely.   333cleo
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline mountaineer

We have decided to begin encouraging (but not mandating) employees to work from home
I suspect they'll be "working" and reporting from their favorite watering holes, instead.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I suspect they'll be "working" and reporting from their favorite watering holes, instead.

How is this any different from usual?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline mountaineer

How is this any different from usual?
'Zackly. But with the bonus feature of the Corona virus. (The notion of "quarantine" escapes them).

Offline mountaineer

Here's some more mass hysteria from America's premier ( :laugh:) institution of higher education, as described in a series of tweets:
hakeem  @hakeemangulu
Harvard just gave students 5 days to pack all of their things, move out, and go home. many can't go home because of costs and travel restrictions, and they've provided no guidance. and we're expected to go to class for the rest of this week.
9:18 AM · Mar 10, 2020

like...I CAN'T go home to Jamaica, especially on such short notice. the visa I'm using to work after I graduate necessitates that I stay in the US until I get the authorization document in July. where do I and the other students doing post-completion OPT go?

students doing post-completion OPT, what are you doing? idk what to do...

and to the people saying "they have exceptions," I've reached out to multiple people at this point. and the application that is due tomorrow morning isn't even online yet! you can't just send an email unleashing mass anxiety and be so tragically unprepared

conflicting and incomplete information is streaming in from 7 different sources, some in authority. the FAQ (https://dso.college.harvard.edu/coronavirusfaq) says *nothing*, and different offices and deans and people are saying different things about the situation. this is a sick joke  ...

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
It is not as if they had to do real investigative reporting.  You can make stuff up at home and email it in.
Right!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline verga

Like that have not been doing that already for years?
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline mountaineer

Like that have not been doing that already for years?
Yes, but this time they have the boss's official okey dokey.