Author Topic: Ohio closing schools for three weeks  (Read 344 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ohio closing schools for three weeks
« on: March 12, 2020, 07:40:02 pm »

Ohio closing schools for three weeks
By Rebecca Klar - 03/12/20 03:27 PM EDT

Ohio will be closing all schools for three weeks starting Monday amid the coronavirus outbreak, Gov. Mike DeWine (R) announced Thursday.

DeWine said the decision to have an “extended spring break” came after consulting with experts. The closure will be reviewed at the end of the three weeks.

The risk for children, unless they have another medical problem, is not high but children are potential carriers of the virus, DeWine noted.

“We will continue to consult with educators on this. We have to take this action. We have to do everything we can do slow down the spread of this virus,” he tweeted.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/487299-ohio-closing-schools-for-three-weeks
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline musiclady

Re: Ohio closing schools for three weeks
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2020, 07:43:45 pm »
Wow.

Looks like I get a three week vacation from my volunteer job at an after school program.

This is pretty drastic, Gov. DeWine.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline EdinVA

Re: Ohio closing schools for three weeks
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2020, 08:08:25 pm »
Virginia schools are beginning to take their spring break so I suspect we will see the same thing soon.