Author Topic: The real life Jean Seberg and the tragic tale behind Kristen Stewart’s ‘Seberg’  (Read 368 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
The real life Jean Seberg and the tragic tale behind Kristen Stewart's 'Seberg'
By Susan Kingwriter

The sad news was announced Sept. 8, 1979. Ten days after actress Jean Seberg had been reported missing, her decomposing body was found wrapped in a blanket in the back seat of her white Renault in Paris. She was only 40.

It was a tragic end to the actress who two decades earlier was a fresh-faced blue-eyed teenager from Marshalltown, Iowa — the daughter of a pharmacist — and won the role of Joan of Arc in Otto Preminger’s 1957 film “St. Joan” out of 80,000 applicants in a nationwide talent search.

Seberg suffered from Preminger’s tyrannical direction and received actual burns during Joan’s death scene on the stake and had to be rescued. She was further scorched by critics for her staid performance.

Read more at: https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/movies/story/2020-02-26/jean-seberg-real-life-kristen-stewart   

Jean Seberg

This is all rather fascinating, I knew little about her. My superficial knowledge is, yes, she was in "Paint Your Wagon" and little else.  Yes, she was good in that.

Trailer:

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

I thought, I saw, this movie is on one of the internet provider types...amazon?

This review is not positive.

Superficial 'Seberg' biopic doesn't leave you breathless

Rob Thomas | The Capital Times Feb 28, 2020

Cinephiles will forever remember Jean Seberg as the darling of the French New Wave for her role as the American with the blond pageboy haircut who bewitched Jean-Claude Belmondo in Jean-Luc Godard’s 1960 “Breathless.”

But “Seberg” instead focuses on a different, more tragic slice of Seberg’s life. A decade after “Breathless,” she was a middling Hollywood actress who came under fire from the FBI for her work supporting counterculture organizations, including the Black Panthers.

It’s a potentially interesting subject to make a movie about. Unfortunately, “Seberg” takes a fictionalized, superficial approach to the story, seemingly more interested in how Seberg (played by Kristen Stewart) looked in a miniskirt than how she thought or felt about her situation.

More at:  https://madison.com/ct/entertainment/movies/superficial-seberg-biopic-doesn-t-leave-you-breathless/article_62debe76-bdb0-5e4c-93bc-b2ef2364f5e4.html

It is in some theaters apparently in Madison, Wisconsin, well, not really my thing but historic movies are interesting often.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 04:08:53 pm by TomSea »