Author Topic: World Coronavirus News II with Updates  (Read 64861 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: World Coronavirus News II with Updates
« Reply #75 on: March 14, 2020, 04:41:03 pm »
Retired Brigadier General Robert Spalding was on Gorka's show yesterday, Spalding is with the Hudson Institute, he knows a lot about 5G which is in the press a lot but at least for me, I understood little about this. Well, he's a starting point on the subject.

Ex-NSC aide: China wasn't transparent on coronavirus
Justine Coleman
3/4/2020

A former aide to the National Security Council (NSC) said Wednesday that China was not transparent on the coronavirus, which is believed to have originated in the country in December.

"It's not just terrible for coronavirus but it's also terrible for the next potentially global pandemic that might come across," he said.

The general commended the U.S. government for "finally starting to understand the implications of our supply chain, not just the health ramifications, but the ramifications to our economy and our national security" from the outbreak.

Read more at: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/ex-nsc-aide-china-wasnt-transparent-on-coronavirus/ar-BB10KJEU

More Robert Spalding:

The Terrifying Potential of the 5G Network

Hudson Institute page

While some want to question this whole Coronavirus bit, for me, we've got to be careful NOT to let China off the hook in this.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #76 on: March 14, 2020, 04:54:46 pm »
COVID-19 in Ukraine: Zelensky's about closure of air traffic
Source : 112 Ukraine
From March 17, Ukraine is completely blocking air traffic due to coronavirus pandemic

President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky addressed Ukrainians regarding the country's complete closure of air traffic due to the coronavirus pandemic. The channel "112 Ukraine" conducted the broadcast.

Three days later, Ukraine closes regular flights with other countries. Cargo checkpoints, air, rail, sea and road, will continue to operate.

“We will not wait for the official hundreds or thousands of patients. On the issue of life and health of Ukrainians it cannot be early, it can be too late. That is why we are decisive and proactive,” - Zelensky said.

Channel 112 Ukraine
Off-the-record: not media, but people report on Covid-2019 in social media

Author : News Agency 112 International

Source : 112 Ukraine
No toilet paper anywhere in the UK and "I am in the paradise of TP" in Mexico, "with the majority of the medical personnel over 60 I am afraid of the picture in one month", people are trying not to think of it in Russia
19:07, 14 March 2020

More: https://112.international/society/off-the-record-not-media-but-people-report-on-covid-2019-in-social-media-49514.html?utm_source=Intern&utm_campaign=News&utm_medium=Channel

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #77 on: March 14, 2020, 07:05:06 pm »
 :2popcorn:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline TomSea

« Reply #78 on: March 14, 2020, 08:11:01 pm »
Moscow hospitals suspend all visitation
https://meduza.io/en/news/2020/03/14/moscow-hospitals-suspend-all-visitation

Russia confirms its 59th coronavirus case, with 14 new infections in the past 24 hours

10:34 am, March 14, 2020
Source: Meduza

Russia recorded 14 new coronavirus infections in the past 24 hours, bringing the country’s total number of COVID-19 cases to 59. The new positive test results include nine patients in Moscow, two in the Kemerovo region, one outside Moscow, one in St. Petersburg, and one in the Kaliningrad region. All of these individuals returned from trips to Europe in the past two weeks. These people are now hospitalized and in isolation.

https://meduza.io/en/news/2020/03/14/russia-confirms-its-59th-coronavirus-case-with-14-new-infections-in-the-past-24-hours

Per the 2nd story and as someone else posted and I heard discussed on radio, there comes a point where it appears to start doubling every day. That can't be good.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #79 on: March 14, 2020, 08:30:51 pm »
France and Spain announce partial lockdowns

France has ordered the closure of all non-essential places used by the public from midnight (23:00 GMT Saturday) amid fears the outbreak is accelerating.

PM Edouard Philippe said the number of people in intensive care was growing and earlier guidelines for the public were being ignored.

Meanwhile Spanish PM Pedro Sanchez declared a 15-day state of emergency.

With 191 deaths and 6,046 infections, Spain is the worst-hit country in Europe after Italy.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-51892477
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #80 on: March 14, 2020, 08:33:36 pm »
France, Israel shutter restaurants, cafes, non-essential stores amid coronavirus outbreak

https://www.foxnews.com/world/france-shutters-restaurants-cafes-non-essential-stores-amid-coronavirus-outbreak
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline TomSea

« Reply #81 on: March 14, 2020, 09:18:48 pm »
More young coronavirus patients being admitted to hospital, doctor warns
Zoe Tidman

Italians admitted to hospital for coronavirus are getting younger, a health official has claimed.

“The type of patient is changing,” Luca Lorini, the head of anaesthesia and intensive care at a northern Italian hospital, has said.

“They are a bit younger, between 40 to 45 years old and the cases are more complicated.”

Read more at: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/coronavirus-italy-update-young-people-hospital-luca-lorini-bergamo-a9402531.html

See, this virus is an odd bird, we are in uncharted territory, be careful of assumptions.   The article also mentions "intensive care", so it's a bit tight.

And, I don't know the science, they say these viruses mutate, repeating it can be for the good or for the bad.

Again, Janie Hsilh,  Taiwanese MD in the US, she's a really big Trump supporter too, so I frequently check what she says, it doesn't mean it's all so but she seems sharp: 

https://twitter.com/JanieHsieh

Good account to follow at this time.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2020, 09:28:24 pm by TomSea »

Online libertybele

« Reply #82 on: March 14, 2020, 09:27:07 pm »
See, this virus is an odd bird, we are in uncharted territory, be careful of assumptions. 

And, I don't know the science, they say these viruses mutate, repeating it can be for the good or for the bad.

Again, Janie Hsilh,  Taiwanese MD in the US, she's a really big Trump supporter too, so I frequently check what she says, it doesn't mean it's all so but she seems sharp: 

Absolutely.  The uncertainty is what is causing panic.  What may seem like being a bit of over cautious, may just save lives in the future.  We just don't know.  If the cases are getting younger, it's certainly not a good sign, OR, people who are younger are becoming complacent because they may feel that they are young and it won't affect them.  Hard to tell at this point.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #83 on: March 14, 2020, 09:45:28 pm »
Absolutely.  The uncertainty is what is causing panic.  What may seem like being a bit of over cautious, may just save lives in the future.  We just don't know.  If the cases are getting younger, it's certainly not a good sign, OR, people who are younger are becoming complacent because they may feel that they are young and it won't affect them.  Hard to tell at this point.

We've had to Triage the testing because of the scarcity of test kits, and young people have not been getting screened for COVID-19.  As that improves I expect to see a lot more younger people showing up in the stats.

IOW, I think it's the measurement of the phenomena that's the "problem."  It's probably not because the disease is suddenly presenting in younger people.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #84 on: March 14, 2020, 09:59:52 pm »
"International doors" seem to be slamming shut all around the world.

This is a GOOD thing.

The difficult part is how to maintain the import/export of necessary goods, without "mixing" the folks handling the goods...

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #85 on: March 14, 2020, 11:07:47 pm »
See, this virus is an odd bird, we are in uncharted territory, be careful of assumptions.   The article also mentions "intensive care", so it's a bit tight.

Something weird is going on in Italy. It's not just the virus. I mean, the rest of the world has been hit, but they're on a totally different level.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online DB

« Reply #86 on: March 14, 2020, 11:17:06 pm »
We've had to Triage the testing because of the scarcity of test kits, and young people have not been getting screened for COVID-19.  As that improves I expect to see a lot more younger people showing up in the stats.

IOW, I think it's the measurement of the phenomena that's the "problem."  It's probably not because the disease is suddenly presenting in younger people.

The "test kits" are a relatively small part of the issue. That used test kit has to be analyzed at a lab. That's where the work and bottleneck is really going to be. There are only so many labs that can process them and it takes time to go through the process for each one.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #87 on: March 14, 2020, 11:19:28 pm »
The "test kits" are a relatively small part of the issue. That used test kit has to be analyzed at a lab. That's where the work and bottleneck is really going to be. There are only so many labs that can process them and it takes time to go through the process for each one.

Meanwhile, we prioritize the results for the people most likely to be killed by COVID.  This is as it should be.
I will NOT comply.

Online DB

« Reply #88 on: March 14, 2020, 11:27:29 pm »
Meanwhile, we prioritize the results for the people most likely to be killed by COVID.  This is as it should be.

Something interesting, at least to me... Does it really matter that much what the test results are short of collecting statistics? If someone is having a hard time breathing due to something going on in their lungs they need medical care regardless of the cause. I don't believe there's any specific treatment for COVID-19 other than making sure they get enough oxygen through whatever means necessary. There's no COVID-19 pill to fix it. So the symptoms are much more important than the test result as far as any actual medical care goes.

And I'll add, if they're sick with COVID-19 or the flu, they need to stay away from other people to minimize the spread. The test doesn't really matter on that front either.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2020, 11:29:23 pm by DB »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #89 on: March 14, 2020, 11:31:35 pm »
Something interesting, at least to me... Does it really matter that much what the test results are short of collecting statistics? If someone is having a hard time breathing due to something going on in their lungs they need medical care regardless of the cause. I don't believe there's any specific treatment for COVID-19 other than making sure they get enough oxygen through whatever means necessary. There's no COVID-19 pill to fix it. So the symptoms are much more important than the test result as far as any actual medical care goes.

And I'll add, if they're sick with COVID-19 or the flu, they need to stay away from other people to minimize the spread. The test doesn't really matter on that front either.

As far as I know, it's about collecting stats and isolating people known to have the bug from everybody else.  And, being statistics, will be warped by people trying to forward their own agendas.  It goes with the public policy turf.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #90 on: March 15, 2020, 02:07:48 am »
Colin Quinn @iamcolinquinn

Stupid question. In case of emergency. Which is easiest to catch. Rat or squirrel?
11:17 AM · Mar 13, 2020

Norm Macdonald @normmacdonald
Mar 12

It's morally wrong for me to do stand-up and cause strangers to possibly become sick. And now, with this virus, it seems even more wrong. I'm postponing my next two gigs, but am hopeful a vaccine comes that protects us all from Tom Hanks Disease (THD).
« Last Edit: March 15, 2020, 02:09:33 am by Once-Ler »

« Reply #91 on: March 15, 2020, 02:15:42 am »
Ryan Struyk @ryanstruyk
US coronavirus cases in last week via @CNN :

3/8: 564 cases
3/9: 728 cases
3/10: 1,000 cases
3/11: 1,267 cases
3/12: 1,645 cases
3/13: 2,204 cases
3/14: 2,816 cases (as of 9p)

8:11 PM · Mar 14, 2020

I'd keep playing I don't think the heavy stuffs coming down for quite awhile - Caddyshack

Online Hoodat

« Reply #92 on: March 15, 2020, 02:23:49 am »
Rat turds!
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online libertybele

« Reply #93 on: March 15, 2020, 02:39:44 am »

This is true. It was announced that in my county a testing site will be opened on Monday afternoon.  A doctor's order is needed in order to schedule an appointment at the testing site.  Once an appointment is set up, you go to the site's drive thru, have your nose swabbed and you are on your way.  Test results should be received 3-5 days later. 

This is at a Convenient Care site ... I would think that if one is having a hard time breathing and are that symptomatic ... that they would direct them to go to the ER - I would hope that people that sick, would skip the testing site and go immediately to the ER.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

« Reply #94 on: March 15, 2020, 03:06:35 am »
Something interesting, at least to me... Does it really matter that much what the test results are short of collecting statistics?

It's a good question worth asking @DB

We do have antiviral medications to treat the symptoms of the flu, but COVID-19 isn't the same virus.  I'm not a doctor but it seems to me that it would be better to test first rather than treat both virus's the same, perhaps harming the patient, and possibly wasting needed medicine.  So I think the test results ( more knowledge ) could reduce fatalities.  "Antiviral medications are currently being tested to see if they can address symptoms."  https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/conditions-and-diseases/coronavirus/coronavirus-disease-2019-vs-the-flu

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #95 on: March 15, 2020, 03:11:02 am »
In case my constant criticism of President Trump is perceived otherwise, I commend the President for declaring a National Emergency today, and presumably authorizing increased testing.  I know he didn't want to inflate the numbers.
@Once-Ler

Airline pilots are being laid off - too many planes are sitting idle at various Airline's headquarters. The Airlines can't make a profit now. Thousands of airline families will have no money coming in.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #96 on: March 15, 2020, 03:18:21 am »
We do have antiviral medications to treat the symptoms of the flu, but COVID-19 isn't the same virus.  I'm not a doctor but it seems to me that it would be better to test first rather than treat both virus's the same, perhaps harming the patient, and possibly wasting needed medicine.  So I think the test results ( more knowledge ) could reduce fatalities.

The danger with covid-19 is when the lungs become inflamed, causing air sacs to fill with fluid.  This condition is detectable and needs to be treated without having to know which virus caused it.  In a perfect world, we would like to have everyone tested repeatedly.  But this virus was unknown four months ago.  The fact that we can test for a virus at all is a medical miracle.  And the fact that we have a test developed so quickly for this virus is even more remarkable.  We are fortunate to have what we have.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #97 on: March 15, 2020, 03:20:02 am »
Airline pilots are being laid off - too many planes are sitting idle at various Airline's headquarters. The Airlines can't make a profit now. Thousands of airline families will have no money coming in.

Which is why I am making a point to fly whenever possible.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #98 on: March 15, 2020, 03:26:11 am »

This is not necessarily the case ...

United is offering pilots a month off at reduced pay after coronavirus spurred flight cuts, the union said
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/29/coronavirus-prompts-united-airlines-to-offer-pilots-a-month-for-flight-cuts.html

I'm sure other airlines are working out similar deals with the unions for the temporary cutbacks caused by the need  to contain the coronavirus.

« Reply #99 on: March 15, 2020, 03:39:23 am »
@Once-Ler

Thanx for your reply.  Your assessment is spot on.  I completely agree.  This sucks.  Unfortunately your reply has given me no clue if you think President Trump was wise to declare a National Emergency yesterday, or banning travel on Wednesday (if a ban has actually occurred...could be passengers have self-quarantined, or decided the Eiffel Tower or Vatican are not worth dying to see and vice versa with foreign vacationers).  I could read your comments to mean you disagree with the precautions because they encourage disruption to our economy...and that would be a legitimately rational opinion as is your right to hold it. 

Or I could read your comments to express anger that our government let us down by stalling, and minimizing the danger and that too would be a legitimately rational opinion. 

Or perhaps you had no underlying point to express but just wished to commiserate with a friend in our shared time uncertainty. 0052

I am happy to see your posts and know you are well @Victoria33 .