Author Topic: World Coronavirus News II with Updates  (Read 64764 times)

Offline skeeter

Re: China hints at denying Americans life-saving coronavirus drugs
« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2020, 01:44:13 pm »
Good grief!  Talk about a godless society....

No kidding. We offer them CDC experts, they threaten to cut off our meds.

They seem confident they'll quickly steal the vaccine after our pharma companies develop it. And they're probably right.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2020, 01:46:53 pm »
Just what meds can we not quickly ramp up to produce?
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2020, 01:51:48 pm »
Just what meds can we not quickly ramp up to produce?

Ramping up is easy... it is getting all of the health certificates, testing etc that strings it out

Offline skeeter

« Reply #53 on: March 13, 2020, 01:53:26 pm »
Ramping up is easy... it is getting all of the health certificates, testing etc that strings it out

That is something the executive can influence.

Online libertybele

« Reply #54 on: March 13, 2020, 01:54:06 pm »
This instance will be used for decades as an argument against taking any US company's manufacturing to China.

Yes, and IMHO in the eyes of the DEMS who want a borderless society (i.e., in Clinton's eyes she wanted a borderless western hemisphere), no.  They may see it as a reason for globalization and a reason for open borders.  They will see it as a reason against American exceptionalism.  They now have a legitimate reason why Trump tariffs and his hardball stance against China didn't work. Never mind the fact that the U.S. has been taken advantage of by China and no one until now has stood up to them.  That backdrop will never be conveyed by the MSM and the American people who need the drugs to stay alive won't care.

It will take years for pharmaceutical companies to move their plants back to the U.S. -- time that we don't have.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #55 on: March 13, 2020, 02:00:36 pm »
Yes, and IMHO in the eyes of the DEMS who want a borderless society (i.e., in Clinton's eyes she wanted a borderless western hemisphere), no.  They may see it as a reason for globalization and a reason for open borders.  They will see it as a reason against American exceptionalism.  They now have a legitimate reason why Trump tariffs and his hardball stance against China didn't work. Never mind the fact that the U.S. has been taken advantage of by China and no one until now has stood up to them.  That backdrop will never be conveyed by the MSM and the American people who need the drugs to stay alive won't care.

It will take years for pharmaceutical companies to move their plants back to the U.S. -- time that we don't have.

The last thing the left's policy positions require is a logical basis.

It seems of all the things China makes for us pharmaceuticals would be the easiest to repatriate. Raw materials are readily available here, as are the facilities where prototyping is done.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Re: World Coronavirus News II with Updates
« Reply #56 on: March 13, 2020, 02:30:42 pm »
Brazilian president Jair Bolsonaro has tested positive for coronavirus, it has been announced.

He awaits the results of a second test on Friday to confirm the diagnosis.

Bolsonaro dined with US President Donald Trump at Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida on Saturday night, along with his press secretary, who was diagnosed with the disease following the trip.

Pictures and video show the Trump, Bolsonaro and his press secretary Fabio Wajngarten all in close proximity.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/breaking-coronavirus-brazilian-president-jair-21687810
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #57 on: March 13, 2020, 02:55:51 pm »
Yes, I'm sure he met with lots of people, the problem here, is how contagious Coronavirus is, really.. @Gefn  , you mentioned going to the grocery store. I don't want to be paranoid, maybe you will have enough groceries but maybe going to the grocers isn't that big of a deal, it's not for me.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #58 on: March 13, 2020, 03:57:08 pm »
China may have found coronavirus patient zero in Hubei province
by Spencer Neale
 | March 13, 2020 11:39 AM

New government documents out of China claim to have found the earliest case of COVID-19, the disease caused by the novel coronavirus, in a 55-year-old man from Hubei province.

The documents, which were seen by the South China Morning Post, show the man contracted the illness on Nov. 17, predating the World Health Organization's first confirmed case on Dec. 8 and suggesting the disease could have spread undetected for weeks before serious measures were taken to mitigate the outbreak.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/china-may-have-found-coronavirus-patient-zero-in-hubei-province
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DB

« Reply #59 on: March 13, 2020, 04:01:13 pm »
Why should anyone believe what China says? Lives are cheap and the communist party's image is all important there.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Communist Chinese Propagandists Now Claim U.S. Military Made Wuhan Virus
« Reply #60 on: March 13, 2020, 04:10:37 pm »

Foreign Policy

Communist Chinese Propagandists Now Claim U.S. Military Made Wuhan Virus
China threatened by way of its leading propaganda publication to impose pharmaceutical export controls that ‘plunge[] [America] into the mighty sea of coronavirus.’
Ben Weingarten
By Ben Weingarten
March 13, 2020

No country can afford to rely on its greatest adversaries for survival.

In case Americans were not already convinced Communist China constituted such a foe, since the Chinese coronavirus spread across the globe, the country threatened by way of its leading propaganda publication to impose pharmaceutical export controls that “plunge[] [America] into the mighty sea of coronavirus,” and now its senior propagandists are pinning the pandemic on the U.S. military.

Lijian Zhao 赵立坚
✔
@zlj517

2/2 CDC was caught on the spot. When did patient zero begin in US? How many people are infected? What are the names of the hospitals? It might be US army who brought the epidemic to Wuhan. Be transparent! Make public your data! US owe us an explanation!

Friendly nations do not falsely accuse their friends of spreading pandemics that originated on their own shores; nor do they steal hundreds of billions of dollars per year in intellectual property; nor do they demand that those who transact with them fastidiously toe their government line; nor do they engage in rampant national security-imperiling espionage efforts.

more
https://thefederalist.com/2020/03/13/communist-chinese-propagandists-now-claim-u-s-military-made-wuhan-virus/
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline MeganC

• I'm the same MeganC from Free Republic.
They've accused us of using a WEAPON OF MASS DESTRUCTION against them.

That's tantamount to a declaration of war and President Trump should immediately call them on this and cut off all trade with China.

They want to blackmail us and the proper response is to haul back and kick them in their teensy-tiny balls!!
There is nothing feminine about feminism.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #62 on: March 13, 2020, 04:51:11 pm »
There are many facilities in Puerto Rico sitting idle that produced the pharma products before being shipped off to China.  If it was fast tracked, they could be up and running in six months.

The problem is Congress. If Trump issues an executive order to pull all pharma out of China, Congress would interfere.  If he doesn't do something, the Democommies will condemn him. 

Frankly, I think Trump should issue an executive order to end all pharma being produced anywhere but the USA.  Same for any product required by DOD.  I was shocked when the Russians bid on the contract to make the newest transport planes/jets for the USA military.  Complete nonsense that!!!

Actually, I fully support ending trade with China.  F*&^ them!!!

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #63 on: March 13, 2020, 04:53:41 pm »
There are many facilities in Puerto Rico sitting idle that produced the pharma products before being shipped off to China.  If it was fast tracked, they could be up and running in six months.

The problem is Congress. If Trump issues an executive order to pull all pharma out of China, Congress would interfere.  If he doesn't do something, the Democommies will condemn him. 

Frankly, I think Trump should issue an executive order to end all pharma being produced anywhere but the USA.  Same for any product required by DOD.  I was shocked when the Russians bid on the contract to make the newest transport planes/jets for the USA military.  Complete nonsense that!!!

Actually, I fully support ending trade with China.  F*&^ them!!!
Trump is supposedly declaring a state of emergency this afternoon.
I suspect he may use that to bypass congress?  Maybe?

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Italy reports record 250 coronavirus deaths in one day
« Reply #64 on: March 13, 2020, 10:36:52 pm »
Italy reports record 250 coronavirus deaths in one day
By Brooke Seipel - 03/13/20 05:56 PM EDT

Italian officials said 250 people have died from the coronavirus in the last 24 hours, marking a record number of deaths from the illness within such a timespan.

The Italian Civil Protection Agency reported the increase Friday, which raised the country's death toll from coronavirus to 1,266 people, according to The Associated Press. The spike in cases has shifted the focus on the outbreak from China to Europe.

"More cases are now being reported every day [in Europe] than were being reported by China at the height of its epidemic," World Health Organization (WHO) Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said. He also called the reported 5,000 deaths worldwide a "tragic milestone."

"Do not let this fire burn," he said calling for social distancing. "Isolate the sick."

more
https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/487523-italy-reports-record-250-coronavirus-deaths-in-one-day
Support the USO

Offline TomSea

« Reply #65 on: March 14, 2020, 01:56:43 am »
Now, that things are a bit sorted out, this will be to try to sort out what is going on globally with the virus and also to merge stories into this one large thread.

Coronavirus: Europe now epicentre of the pandemic, says WHO

Europe is now the "epicentre" of the global coronavirus pandemic, the head of the World Health Organization says.

Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus urged countries to use aggressive measures, community mobilisation and social distancing to save lives.

"Do not just let this fire burn," he said.

Read more at: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-51876784

See, if this is really serious and yes, it is,  maybe it can be stopped enough that some people in other places will only go through a minimum of the pain.

Online DB

« Reply #66 on: March 14, 2020, 02:24:30 am »
Thank you @TomSea for keeping us up to date.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #67 on: March 14, 2020, 03:20:48 am »
Jerusalem Post Twitter , they get most of this from Reuters or AP I gather.

A day earlier, #Panama said it had 27 #coronavirus cases.
#Israel may discover a cure for #coronavirus, but would #Iranians be allowed to take it?

The answer, and the raging online discussion about it, may surprise you.

#Poland will ban foreigners from entering the country from Sunday and impose a 14-day quarantine on its citizens returning home in the wake of the #coronavirus.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #68 on: March 14, 2020, 05:38:16 am »
Jerusalem Post Twitter , they get most of this from Reuters or AP I gather.

It just seems like common sense that people should not travel unless it is absolutely necessary.  And they shouldn't expect to get back unless they are quarantined first in the country they are visiting.  At the least tested before they get on a plane.  This is worldwide.  Even if a country only has a low number of cases it is sure to increase at a rapid pace.  You could go to a country where there is only,...say 30 cases and in 3 days to a week it could triple or worse.

Why don't they advise no business travel between countries?  We have skype.  Its a great tool when you can't get there.  But a travel ban that still allows citizens to travel between countries isn't going to be that effective.  1 person who is ill can infect many, many people.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2020, 05:39:07 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #69 on: March 14, 2020, 10:18:03 am »
In case my constant criticism of President Trump is perceived otherwise, I commend the President for declaring a National Emergency today, and presumably authorizing increased testing.  I know he didn't want to inflate the numbers.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2020, 10:39:58 am by Once-Ler »

« Reply #70 on: March 14, 2020, 10:38:15 am »
And I equally thank you for making me feel comfortable about posting.  And respecting people's opinions! @DB and respecting people's rights to express their opinion without insulting them.

You sound a little insecure.  You shouldn't.  You are one of TBR's shining assets, and last time I was asked why I come here, I should have said because of @TomSea 's informative and sourced posts.  I respect your opinion immensely, and your willingness to submit your opinion to criticism even if it isn't popular, or we disagree.  I know I have not always succeeded, but I try to show you, I give your posts the substantial respect you have given to mine and others.  You're a good egg @TomSea
« Last Edit: March 14, 2020, 10:40:47 am by Once-Ler »

« Reply #71 on: March 14, 2020, 10:53:53 am »
It just seems like common sense that people should not travel unless it is absolutely necessary.  And they shouldn't expect to get back unless they are quarantined first in the country they are visiting.  At the least tested before they get on a plane.  This is worldwide.  Even if a country only has a low number of cases it is sure to increase at a rapid pace.  You could go to a country where there is only,...say 30 cases and in 3 days to a week it could triple or worse.

Why don't they advise no business travel between countries?  We have skype.  Its a great tool when you can't get there.  But a travel ban that still allows citizens to travel between countries isn't going to be that effective.  1 person who is ill can infect many, many people.

Business can't afford to stall trade.  Business that requires travel will get phased out in time by skype or successors, but business travel only accounts for 12% of travel.  There is Cargo trade that requires travel, and then there is leisure travel which will remain in high demand after the pandemic ends.

When the President meets with infected people, but refuses to be tested or self quarantine for the benefit of others who are not infected, why should I absorb the cost and delay my vacation to Italy, and Spain?   

I'm an American I know my rights!
« Last Edit: March 14, 2020, 11:04:58 am by Once-Ler »

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #72 on: March 14, 2020, 02:21:55 pm »
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
China Threatens to Cut off Supply of Life Saving Drugs to Plunge America into a Massive Crisis
 By Steve Straub
Published March 13, 2020 at 8:08am

China has just jumped the shark by threatening to impose pharmaceutical export controls that would plunge America into a a massive coronavirus crisis.

Via Fox News:

Now that the number of new people infected with the coronavirus in China is slowing down, the country’s Communist Party is ratcheting up threats against the West, with a particularly nasty warning about access to life-saving drugs aimed at the United States.

In an article in Xinhua, the state-run media agency that’s largely considered the mouthpiece of the party, Beijing bragged about its handling of COVID-19, a virus that originated in the city of Wuhan and has spread quickly around the world, killing nearly 5,000 people and infecting thousands more.

The article also claimed that China could impose pharmaceutical export controls which would plunge America into “the mighty sea of coronavirus.”

more
https://thefederalistpapers.org/opinion/china-threatens-cut-off-supply-life-saving-drugs-plunge-america-massive-crisis
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Published 1 hour ago
Spain set to announce lockdown as coronavirus cases spike; planes turned around midair

By Lucia I. Suarez Sang | Fox News

Spain is set to announce an Italian-style countrywide lockdown Saturday after a dramatic spike in coronavirus cases.

Ahead of the announcement, airplanes on their way to the Iberian Peninsula dramatically turned around midair.

Low-cost airline Jet2, which is based at nine airports in the United Kingdom, halted all fights with immediate effect to mainland Spain after the country saw cases rise by more than 1,500 to more than 5,700.

“In response to local measures introduced throughout Spain to prevent the spread of COVID-19, including the closure of bars, restaurants, shops, and activities including any water sports, we have taken the decision to cancel all flights to Mainland Spain, the Balearic Islands, and the Canary Islands with immediate effect,” the airline said in a statement.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/world/spain-coronavirus-lockdown-airlines
Support the USO