Author Topic: World Coronavirus News II with Updates  (Read 65399 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Re: World Coronavirus News II with Updates
« Reply #125 on: March 15, 2020, 04:52:39 pm »
Netanyahu Under Fire for Announcing Cellphone Tracking of Coronavirus Victims

Breitbart by Deborah Danan15 Mar 2020

https://www.breitbart.com/middle-east/2020/03/15/netanyahu-under-fire-for-controversial-move-tracking-coronavirus-via-phones/

TEL AVIV – Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Saturday night announced that Israel would begin using digital tracking tools relying on cellphone data to track carriers of the coronavirus, sparking condemnation over privacy concerns from his main political rivals.

“Until now I avoided using these measures in the civilian population but there is no choice,” Netanyahu said in a live televised address to the nation.

He described the current coronavirus crisis as a “war with an invisible enemy” and said that the use of digital tracking, while it constitutes a violation of people’s privacy, was a necessary evil in winning that war.

Netanyahu said Taiwan, which, like Israel, has 200 confirmed carriers of the virus, has also employed the use of cellphone data to track the spread of the virus.

However, unlike Taiwan, the GPS data that Israel will use will not be used to determine whether those under quarantine are indeed staying in their homes as ordered, the Shin Bet security agency said Sunday.

More at link.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #126 on: March 15, 2020, 05:57:23 pm »
@Once-Ler

The person who questioned my post about the airlines, posted a link about United Airlines.  That is about United and flights to ASIA.

Since the person questioned what I said about pilots being laid-off, my source about that is a family member who IS A CAPTAIN FOR UNITED AIRLINES.    He is living this as it happens.

@Victoria33 That makes sense to me.  I feel sorry for your pilot relative, and all the other people wondering about their future.  I feel certain travel will return soon if this virus shows signs of slowing down soon.  80 hours a week is insane.

My original post to you was to provide more information about what is happening, plus speak to you as the intelligent person you are.  I will use PMs to you and some others from now on.  The word in-fighting here is ridiculous.

That's a shame.  The world is a better place when you post here.  We are all Americans here.  We post here because we care about our country and we want to express it.  You do that exceptionally well.

When I respond to other Briefers there is an implicit admission that I respect the argument offered and think the point needs to be evaluated.  It is frustrating and painful to see people I actually admire consistently misconstrue my point, and to say nasty things to me, and identify me as their enemy.  The problem is once the nasty things are said, I find it hard to give the other side the benefit of the doubt, and so I stupidly respond in anger and frustration.  And then I don't like myself as much, for the evil thoughts that creep into my head...so I completely understand why you are laying low during this time of high tempers.

I'd like to think we are at a point, with this pandemic, that pointing the blame is mostly irrelevant now.  I'm sure many hiccups and much tragedy are to follow, that will renew the finger pointing, but I feel less outraged today than yesterday.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2020, 06:00:14 pm by Once-Ler »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #127 on: March 15, 2020, 06:14:40 pm »
@Victoria33 That makes sense to me.  I feel sorry for your pilot relative, and all the other people wondering about their future.  I feel certain travel will return soon if this virus shows signs of slowing down soon.  80 hours a week is insane.

That's a shame.  The world is a better place when you post here.  We are all Americans here.  We post here because we care about our country and we want to express it.  You do that exceptionally well.

When I respond to other Briefers there is an implicit admission that I respect the argument offered and think the point needs to be evaluated.  It is frustrating and painful to see people I actually admire consistently misconstrue my point, and to say nasty things to me, and identify me as their enemy.  The problem is once the nasty things are said, I find it hard to give the other side the benefit of the doubt, and so I stupidly respond in anger and frustration.  And then I don't like myself as much, for the evil thoughts that creep into my head...so I completely understand why you are laying low during this time of high tempers.

I'd like to think we are at a point, with this pandemic, that pointing the blame is mostly irrelevant now.  I'm sure many hiccups and much tragedy are to follow, that will renew the finger pointing, but I feel less outraged today than yesterday.

Playing into the enemedia propaganda that Trump is an aloof imbecile is what causes the trouble.  Steer clear of that and it's Golden.   tri22
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Iranian Commander Suggests Virus Might Be US Biological Weapon
« Reply #128 on: March 15, 2020, 06:25:33 pm »
Coronavirus Outbreak
By Golnaz Esfandiari, RFE/RL
March 07, 2020 05:12 AM

Share via Email
Print this page
Coronavirus Outbreak
By Golnaz Esfandiari, RFE/RL
March 07, 2020 05:12 AM

FILE - Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps chief Hossein Salami speaks in Tehran, Iran, Sept. 21, 2019.

A top Iranian military official is giving voice to a conspiracy theory regarding the coronavirus amid an outbreak in the Islamic republic that has killed more than 100 people, including an adviser to Iran's supreme leader, and infected more than 3,500, according to official figures.

Hossein Salami, the commander of Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps, suggested Thursday that the coronavirus might be an American biological weapon — contradicting experts who say there's no evidence it could be man-made.

"Today, the country is engaged in a biological battle," Salami was quoted as saying by the semiofficial ISNA news agency. "We will prevail in the fight against this virus, which might be the product of an American biological [attack], which first spread in China and then to the rest of the world."
He added: "America should know that if it has done so, it will return to itself."

He provided no evidence to back his unfounded claim.

https://www.voanews.com/science-health/coronavirus-outbreak/iranian-commander-suggests-virus-might-be-us-biological-weapon

https://www.ibtimes.com/coronavirus-outbreak-us-biological-attack-iran-commander-blames-usa-covid-19-2934762

From the U.S.

https://thebulletin.org/2020/03/why-do-politicians-keep-breathing-life-into-the-false-conspiracy-theory-that-the-coronavirus-is-a-bioweapon/

Is it?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2020, 06:31:21 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Re: Iranian Commander Suggests Virus Might Be US Biological Weapon
« Reply #129 on: March 15, 2020, 06:28:26 pm »
Right now I hope that Trump is working with world leaders to identify the cause of this virus.  Which many are saying has come from the Wuhan lab.  I believe it.  But if Iran is able to convince the ME, or even world that we are responsible we could be facing terrorism or war.  It could be a reality.  We need to look outside the box of just people being infected.  And hopefully through world coordination they can get to the truth.

pray.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #130 on: March 15, 2020, 06:31:51 pm »
But if Iran is able to convince the ME, or even world that we are responsible we could be facing terrorism or war. 

Oh please,  The Middle East would be overjoyed to see the demise of the Persian menace.  As for Iran, they have been chanting "Death to America for 40 years now.  Do you think anyone is going to listen to their anti-American BS?

pray.

That goes without saying.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline skeeter

« Reply #131 on: March 15, 2020, 06:33:16 pm »
Finally. Those Iranians are a bit slow on the uptake. Their benefactors the Chicoms have been trying to spread this rubbish for a few days now, I was wondering when they'd follow suit.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #132 on: March 15, 2020, 06:35:02 pm »
Let them allow paranoia to run rampant in their third-world S-Hole country.  And, as @Hoodat properly points out, the rest of the Arab ME hates the Persians.  If you think the Arab-Israeli hate is bad, then check out the Arab-Persian bad blood.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #133 on: March 15, 2020, 06:35:28 pm »
The Chinese created it and they are responsible for spreading it all over the world.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #134 on: March 15, 2020, 06:36:10 pm »
Finally. Those Iranians are a bit slow on the uptake. Their benefactors the Chicoms have been trying to spread this rubbish for a few days now, I was wondering when they'd follow suit.

Yup.  All this does is attach Iran and China at the wrists and ankles.  A Good Thing.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #135 on: March 15, 2020, 06:37:16 pm »
Oh please,  The Middle East would be overjoyed to see the demise of the Persian menace.  As for Iran, they have been chanting "Death to America for 40 years now.  Do you think anyone is going to listen to their anti-American BS?

That goes without saying.

OK, @Hoodat , but we have never seen anything like this.  In Italy they are letting the elderly die.  This is a worldwide epidemic.  Eventually, I wouldn't be surprised if people turn to revenge.  Just saying.  And that is why it is so critical that this be a global effort to determine what is true or false.  To work together to get the vaccine.  And to crush all false narratives.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #136 on: March 15, 2020, 06:37:39 pm »
The Chinese created it and they are responsible for spreading it all over the world.

A stupid move, because now it has everybody else in the world re-examining their dependence upon China's cheap/slave labor.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #137 on: March 15, 2020, 06:38:55 pm »
OK, @Hoodat , but we have never seen anything like this.  In Italy they are letting the elderly die.  This is a worldwide epidemic.  Eventually, I wouldn't be surprised if people turn to revenge.  Just saying.  And that is why it is so critical that this be a global effort to determine what is true or false.  To work together to get the vaccine.  And to crush all false narratives.

Can you see how knee-jerk Trump bashing is detrimental to that laudable cause?  It doesn't unite, it divides.
I will NOT comply.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #138 on: March 15, 2020, 06:41:36 pm »

FYI four different vaccines developed by 35 different companies are undergoing animal testing now. Human tests are expected in April, in two or three weeks.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #139 on: March 15, 2020, 06:45:43 pm »
Can you see how knee-jerk Trump bashing is detrimental to that laudable cause?  It doesn't unite, it divides.

Scratch Knee-jerk.  I wouldn't want to be the President right now.  This is a huge responsibility, but he didn't take it as seriously as he should have in the beginning.  I won't fault him, because many people didn't realize what we were dealing with then.  I will fault him if his actions forward don't match the situation we have at hand.  Its going to take a lot to keep people calm.  And people need to hear the truth. 

What seems to be true that people who have recovered, haven't really.  It stays with them.  We need to know those people are not getting released and continue to infect people.

Offline DB

« Reply #140 on: March 15, 2020, 06:46:59 pm »

Awhile back you called me racist. That didn't help the conversation... I've kept my distance with you ever since. I actually like you. We could probably be friends in real life. But I also think you've gone off the rails about being objective. You don't care anymore is my best guess. Hopefully with time that will change.

Just my 2 cents...

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #141 on: March 15, 2020, 06:48:01 pm »
This should be in World News
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

« Reply #142 on: March 15, 2020, 06:49:11 pm »
Scratch Knee-jerk.  I wouldn't want to be the President right now.  This is a huge responsibility, but he didn't take it as seriously as he should have in the beginning. 

False. Trump definitely did take it seriously in the beginning, even as he was being impeached and at great political risk.

Rhetorically he sought to calm people, which is what leaders are supposed to do. The worst you can accuse him of is being clumsy with his syntax.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2020, 06:50:00 pm by skeeter »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #143 on: March 15, 2020, 06:50:42 pm »
This should be in World News

Agreed, and moved.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #144 on: March 15, 2020, 06:51:45 pm »
Scratch Knee-jerk

I meant what I wrote.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #145 on: March 15, 2020, 06:53:13 pm »
OK, @Hoodat , but we have never seen anything like this.

We have seen far worse before.  (See:  Polio, Spanish Flu, Smallpox)

In Italy they are letting the elderly die.

There is no connection between what Italy's state-run healthcare system is doing with its own people and the political rhetoric emanating from Iran's state-run media.

This is a worldwide epidemic.  Eventually, I wouldn't be surprised if people turn to revenge.  Just saying

With Iran leading the charge?  Call me skeptical on this one.

And that is why it is so critical that this be a global effort to determine what is true or false.  To work together to get the vaccine.  And to crush all false narratives.

People all over the world are already working on a vaccine (primarily because there is a huge profit that can be realized from it).  As for the blame game, let's actually wait and see what happens first instead of jumping on board with Iranian/Chinese/Russian propaganda.  The rest of the world is counting on US wealth, ingenuity, and innovation to come to their rescue.  Again.  I'm really not worrying about them succumbing to anti-American conspiracy stories from third-world despots.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #146 on: March 15, 2020, 06:55:39 pm »
False. Trump definitely did take it seriously in the beginning, even as he was being impeached and at great political risk.

Rhetorically he sought to calm people, which is what leaders are supposed to do. The worst you can accuse him of is being clumsy with his syntax.

Perzackly, and I'd like to amplify that point. 

This is why Trump says a lot of things he gets criticized for, like saying good things about long-time enemies like NORK.  He knows words are relatively cheap when it comes to changing attitudes to enable real progress in international relations (as opposed to the fake "Progressives").  People like to jump on him for that as, dare I say, knee-jerk responses.
I will NOT comply.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #147 on: March 15, 2020, 06:56:19 pm »
We have seen far worse before.  (See:  Polio, Spanish Flu, Smallpox)

I've heard there have been nearly 20k US deaths from the annual flu this year so far.

Perspective.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #148 on: March 15, 2020, 07:00:04 pm »
Perzackly, and I'd like to amplify that point. 

This is why Trump says a lot of things he gets criticized for, like saying good things about long-time enemies like NORK.  He knows words are relatively cheap when it comes to changing attitudes to enable real progress in international relations (as opposed to the fake "Progressives").  People like to jump on him for that as, dare I say, knee-jerk responses.

His inelegant manner of speaking really is the bane of his administration.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #149 on: March 15, 2020, 07:04:52 pm »
His inelegant manner of speaking really is the bane of his administration.

But it's also a paradigm-breaker. :shrug:
I will NOT comply.