Author Topic: WATCH: MSNBC medical contributor says '80% of the population' will survive coronavirus  (Read 568 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
WATCH: MSNBC medical contributor says '80% of the population' will survive coronavirus
by Anthony Leonardi
 | March 09, 2020 03:58 PM

An MSNBC medical contributor estimated a 15% to 20% mortality rate in the United States if the coronavirus disease continues to spread.

While appearing on an MSNBC panel on Monday, Dr. Joseph Fair, a virologist and epidemiologist, said he anticipated that 80% of those suffering from COVID-19 would survive but claimed the elderly and those with underlying conditions have a relatively high chance of dying.

“Getting testing up and running in every place we can, in every city, in every public health laboratory around the country is key for us to understand how widespread this epidemic is. This is not to fearmonger. This is, it would be irresponsible for us to create panic when it’s undue,” Fair said.

“That being said, we know 80% of the population is going to survive, and a typically a 15-20% rate of mortality for those individuals that are both elderly or have underlying conditions," he continued.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/watch-msnbc-medical-contributor-says-80-of-the-population-will-survive-coronavirus
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PeteS in CA

rrthree 60 million Americans will die? rrthree Will he stake his career on that prediction? rrthree

yogi555
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline skeeter

This bastard should be prosecuted for yelling fire in a crowded theater.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Good news.  Most will survive.

Sadly the media have gone down hill, to the degree we can't depend on them or even trust them.

Could this site, as a matter of policy, focus on posting solid, good science information?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Applewood

I don't know about the percentages, but this opinion is a helluva lot better than the "WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!" headlines I've been reading. 

In most of the 13 cases reported in Pennsylvania, symptoms are mild to moderate and the majority of patients are recovering at home.  No one has died yet.  These are details that have been largely hidden under screaming, hysterical headlines.  All people hear are the figures.

Should we be concerned about the coronavirus?  Yes.  Should we take precautions?  Yes.  Should we run around screaming like our hair is on fire, as the media would like us to do?  No.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
WATCH: MSNBC medical contributor says '80% of the population' will survive coronavirus
by Anthony Leonardi
 | March 09, 2020 03:58 PM

An MSNBC medical contributor estimated a 15% to 20% mortality rate in the United States if the coronavirus disease continues to spread.

While appearing on an MSNBC panel on Monday, Dr. Joseph Fair, a virologist and epidemiologist, said he anticipated that 80% of those suffering from COVID-19 would survive but claimed the elderly and those with underlying conditions have a relatively high chance of dying.

“Getting testing up and running in every place we can, in every city, in every public health laboratory around the country is key for us to understand how widespread this epidemic is. This is not to fearmonger. This is, it would be irresponsible for us to create panic when it’s undue,” Fair said.

“That being said, we know 80% of the population is going to survive, and a typically a 15-20% rate of mortality for those individuals that are both elderly or have underlying conditions," he continued.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/watch-msnbc-medical-contributor-says-80-of-the-population-will-survive-coronavirus

Crap.  Does anyone read anything anymore?  I despise MSNBC, and the hype is misleading.

But as the end of the last sentence states.....   
"typically a 15-20% rate of mortality for those individuals that are both elderly or have underlying conditions," he continued."

That is a plausbile number, and is consistent with epidemiological numbers we are seeing thus far

OTOH....  The first part of same said sentence, which is  contradictory with the first part.....   "80% will survive". Is either a misquote, or plain stupid statement.  If he truly has the credentials the article states, I am guessing he misspoke.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 10:27:04 am by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
Wow, what a clown...
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Could this site, as a matter of policy, focus on posting solid, good science information?

Easier said than done.  One man's "science" is another man's "fairy tale."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline musiclady

Easier said than done.  One man's "science" is another man's "fairy tale."

It's also good to find out what the crackpots are saying.

I don't think posting only things we like is a good policy for the site.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
It's also good to find out what the crackpots are saying.

I don't think posting only things we like is a good policy for the site.

Totally agree.  I guess what I was thinking about was "this site needs to have a policy" regarding the content posted, and that's impossible if we are to foster live debate. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline musiclady

Totally agree.  I guess what I was thinking about was "this site needs to have a policy" regarding the content posted, and that's impossible if we are to foster live debate.

Right.

It's clear that articles like this one are valuable to have posted in order to promote honest debate.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.