Author Topic: Democrats Eye a Vice-Presidential Consolation Prize for Women  (Read 686 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Democrats Eye a Vice-Presidential Consolation Prize for Women
Lisa Lerer and Reid J. Epstein
5 hrs ago

DEARBORN, Mich. — The second highest, hardest glass ceiling is pretty good too, right?

With the Democratic presidential nominee all but certain to be a man, party activists, elected officials and voters are setting their sights on the biggest consolation prize in American politics: the vice presidency.

Within hours of Senator Elizabeth Warren’s exit from the race, a departure that left the party facing a primary battle between two septuagenarian white men, prominent Democrats began publicly insisting that the ticket include a woman, preferably a black woman.

At least one women’s organization, Supermajority, circulated a petition asking both Senator Bernie Sanders and former Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. to “affirm their commitment to gender equity” by choosing a woman as their running mate. On Sunday, as he endorsed Mr. Sanders before thousands at a rally in Grand Rapids, Mich., the Rev. Jesse Jackson called for the next president to pick a black woman as vice president.

“There must be a woman on this ticket,” said Cecile Richards, a longtime abortion rights activist and a founder of Supermajority. “What is really important to see is representation, a commitment to the issues that women care about and a commitment to do something about it.”

more
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/elections-2020/democrats-eye-a-vice-presidential-consolation-prize-for-women/ar-BB10VR6p?ocid=spartandhp
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline musiclady

Re: Democrats Eye a Vice-Presidential Consolation Prize for Women
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2020, 05:50:56 pm »
The Dems didn't do too well with Geraldine Ferraro.   happy77
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2020, 05:59:13 pm »

True.

Also, I am not sure why they are so eger to make this a gender pick.

They nominated Hillary last year for POTUS, so it's not like there is this major issue they have to rectify.
The fools have nothing to prove, but they aren't smart enough to figure this out.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2020, 06:44:22 pm »
True.

Also, I am not sure why they are so eger to make this a gender pick.

They nominated Hillary last year for POTUS, so it's not like there is this major issue they have to rectify.
The fools have nothing to prove, but they aren't smart enough to figure this out.

Right on all counts.

The gender card is meaningless, but they still want to play it.

Unless they opt for the “gay” card instead....  :shrug:

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2020, 01:27:49 am »
Being picked as ol' white Joe's VP candidate is not a "consolation".
It's "the prize", because that person IS going to be president before the end of his first term...

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2020, 01:02:37 pm »
And Ferraro would be far preferable to any of the names being considered.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2020, 01:12:33 pm »

All I can remember from her contributions, were the sexist slogans that were heard 10 times a day.  Frtiz and ___ 1984
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2020, 01:27:41 pm »
The Dems' best choice is likely Amy Klobuchar, who checks the woman's box,  reinforces Biden's "moderate" credentials,  and hails from a Midwestern state that Biden needs to win.    Possibly the worst choice would be Stacy Abrams, a moral cretin.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline musiclady

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2020, 02:09:11 pm »

True enough.

Actually, Mondale would be preferable to Biden or Bernie as well.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2020, 02:27:42 pm »
True enough.

Actually, Mondale would be preferable to Biden or Bernie as well.

Democrats like Scoop Jackson and Sam Nunn would be preferable to some of the RINOS we have today.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2020, 04:09:53 pm »
Democrats like Scoop Jackson and Sam Nunn would be preferable to some of the RINOS we have today.

No argument there.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2020, 04:15:18 pm »
This is why some people were pushing for Trump to replace Pence with Haley.