Author Topic: US walks tightrope as coronavirus hits adversaries  (Read 457 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
US walks tightrope as coronavirus hits adversaries
« on: March 09, 2020, 01:43:28 am »
US walks tightrope as coronavirus hits adversaries
By Rebecca Kheel - 03/08/20 06:45 PM EDT

he spread of coronavirus around the globe is raising questions about how the United States should help its adversaries mitigate the disease.

The Trump administration has sent a message to Iran, via the Swiss, offering to help with the disease, while also criticizing Tehran for suppressing information about its spread.

Then there’s North Korea. The hermit kingdom says it has seen no coronavirus cases, but news outlets with contacts on the ground report otherwise. With serious outbreaks in neighboring China and South Korea, regional experts are skeptical the disease hasn’t made its way into North Korea.

Both Iran and North Korea are under harsh U.S. sanctions, even as the international community worries about how their fragile medical systems can handle the disease.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/international/486403-us-walks-tightrope-as-coronavirus-hits-adversaries
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Re: US walks tightrope as coronavirus hits adversaries
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2020, 01:49:08 am »
Gee ... maybe for once the U.S. should mind it's own business and not interfere!  We need all our resources to stay here. In my immediate area we have a hospital that has 70 hospital staff that are self quarantined, a hospital just north of here partially shut down with a hazmat unit going through it, and 278 suspected cases in the state.

We've been criticized before for our interference -- well, this time, we should concentrate on taking care of ourselves and shut down our borders completely!!
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2020, 11:04:23 pm »
No country, including the USA is ready for this virus.

The attacks by the Dems is a direct reflection of their utter long term failure at everything they do.  They should be used as an indicator of what not to believe and who not to follow. They are absolute idiots with one candidate that is senile and the other a communist.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2020, 12:06:39 am »
Iran and North Korea are potential nuclear powers, it probably is an attempt at a goodwill gesture to help them. If they really were free, we might be giving them billions in foreign aid anyway. At least millions.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2020, 12:11:18 am »
Gee ... maybe for once the U.S. should mind it's own business and not interfere!  We need all our resources to stay here. In my immediate area we have a hospital that has 70 hospital staff that are self quarantined, a hospital just north of here partially shut down with a hazmat unit going through it, and 278 suspected cases in the state.

We've been criticized before for our interference -- well, this time, we should concentrate on taking care of ourselves and shut down our borders completely!!

Agreed.  Take care of ourselves and our own people.  Let the other countries deal with the  virus their way.

So we give a bundle of money to our enemies.  Do we really think these countries will use that money on their people?  I don't.  That money will be used for weaponry against us.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2020, 12:34:05 am »
No country, including the USA is ready for this virus.

The attacks by the Dems is a direct reflection of their utter long term failure at everything they do.  They should be used as an indicator of what not to believe and who not to follow. They are absolute idiots with one candidate that is senile and the other a communist.

...let's not forget that the leader of their pack is a senile ole bitty.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2020, 12:52:49 am »
In a world of international travel, enemies with an out-of-control epidemic could spread it to our friends and to us.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.