Author Topic: Ted Cruz To Stay Home In Texas For One Week After Saying He Met Person With Coronavirus At CPAC  (Read 280 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Ted Cruz To Stay Home In Texas For One Week After Saying He Met Person With Coronavirus At CPAC
Henry Rodgers
Senior Congressional Correspondent
March 08, 2020 7:35 PM ET

Republican Texas Sen. Ted Cruz announced Sunday that he will be staying home in Texas for the week after he was informed that he met the individual who attended the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) who is infected with coronavirus.

Cruz made it clear in a statement that he has not had any symptoms since the interaction and that it was a quick conversation and a handshake, but he said in order to be safe he will be staying home instead of returning back to Washington D.C. Cruz also said he has spoken with health officials across the board.

“Last night, I was informed that 10 days ago at CPAC I briefly interacted with an individual who is currently symptomatic and has tested positive for COVID-19. That interaction consisted of a brief conversation and a handshake,” Cruz said. “I have consulted with medical authorities from the Houston Health Department, the Harris County Public Health Department, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and the Department of Health and Human Services, as well as my personal physician. I have also spoken with Vice President Pence, Leader McConnell, and Mark Meadows.”

More at: https://dailycaller.com/2020/03/08/ted-cruz-home-in-texas-one-week-met-person-with-coronavirus-at-cpac/

Really pretty amazing if no one posted this. If they did, I will delete.  I think the story just came out.  And of course, prayerfully wishing Ted and the COVID-19 carrier the best..
« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 11:43:29 pm by TomSea »

Offline Applewood

@TomSea

I just read a similar story at another source.  Cruz doesn't have to self-quarantine, but he's doing so just to be safe.  Classy guy.

Now if he would only get rid of that beard.  Sorry, not a fan of beards.  LOL

And I'll join you in your prayers.