Author Topic: Women in Mexico plan to ‘disappear’ for one day to protest gender-based violence  (Read 321 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Women in Mexico plan to ‘disappear’ for one day to protest gender-based violence
National strike comes with growing number of femicides in Mexico and increasing hostilities toward women-led movement
By Wendy Fry     March 7, 2020
TIJUANA —

Front-page images of the mutilated body of Ingrid Escamilla, a 25-year-old Mexico City woman, weren’t enough.

Nor was the brutal kidnapping, torture and murder of 7-year-old Fátima, and weeks of near daily protests by thousands across Mexico, including in Tijuana.

Now a coalition of activists is urging Mexico’s women to stay home Monday, hoping their massive absence will finally open the nation’s eyes to escalating gender-based violence.

Read more at: https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/border-baja-california/story/2020-03-07/women-in-mexico-plan-to-disappear-for-one-day-to-protest-gender-based-violence

Offline mortarman

Ah, they're playing the Lisistrata Card. Good for them. I've always loved the Greek classics.

:pop41:
The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.