Author Topic: PBS Likens Trump to Nazi Sympathizer Charles Lindbergh  (Read 2215 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: PBS Likens Trump to Nazi Sympathizer Charles Lindbergh
« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2020, 08:00:40 pm »
---------------------------
The headline of the post asserted that Lindbergh was a Nazi Sympathizer;
an ignorant slander from PBS, a left wing mouthpiece. He emphatically was not.
Maturing during the Great War (WW1), Lindbergh  opposed our entry, because he was an American Firster; as were tens of thousands of his fellow citizens.
Most critically that War was none of our damned business any more than the Crimean War was!
But Wilson persisted and got us involved, achieving nothing other than internationalizing our politics;
a huge negative.
WW2, the Nazi's, Kennedy are irrelevant, occurring a generation after the Great War of 1914-18!

Woodrow Wilson is second only to Abe Lincoln on MY list of worst presidents in history.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Absalom

« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2020, 09:11:32 pm »
Woodrow Wilson is second only to Abe Lincoln on MY list of worst presidents in history.
------------------------------
Bigum, indeed.
The Senate of Rome measured the quality of their Consuls/Emperors by applying
the Rule of Prudence which required leaders to assess any action/inaction
taken in the present, against its consequences in the future.
While none were clairvoyant, Rome endured and thrived for 13 centuries
(some 1230 years) and along w/Greece founded Western Civilization, their legacy
to both Great Britain and ourselves.
Suspect history will judge many of our leaders of the 20th century, such as Wilson,
very harshly!

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #52 on: March 08, 2020, 09:24:46 pm »
Leftists and intellectuals were enamored with Hitler and Mussolini.  Read their respect for fascists in Liberal Fascism by Jonah Goldberg.

Broadly speaking, the left is the party of change, the right the party of the status quo.  On this score, Hitler was in no sense, way, shape, or form a man of the right.  There are few things he believed more totally than that he was a revolutionary. - Ibid, page 59

According to Harold Ickes, FDR's interior secretary and one of the most important architects of the New Deal, Roosevelt himself privately acknowledged that "what we are doing in this country were some of the things that were being done in Russia and even some of the things that were being done under Hitler in Germany.  But we were doing them in an orderly way."  It's hard to see how orderliness absolves a policy from the charge of fascism or totalitarianism. - page 122
The Book Commentary: "The book (Brilliant Creations - The Wonder of Nature and Life) is pure genius."
Review by John Orosz, M.D. "It is beyond outstanding. Please send me twenty signed copies for colleagues, family, and libraries."
"I was running every morning for twenty years with a genius." - Mike McCartney, D.D.S.
"You have the most agile mind of anyone I know." -
Avice Marie Griffin, PhD, Clinical Psychologist

Offline mortarman

« Reply #53 on: March 08, 2020, 09:57:38 pm »
If a leader needs to resort to threats against his own people, he is a tyrant an' needs to be removed, by force if necessary.

:pop41:
The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2021, 05:08:50 pm »
FDR and his "Brain Trust" had enormous respect for the power of the first fascist, Benito Mussolini, a former school teacher, and his protege, Adolf Hitler.  They controlled the ignorant masses, as every good Democrat wants to do.
They banned guns, as every good Democrat wants to do. 
They thought themselves smarter and better than everyone else, as does every Democrat today.

It's all in Liberal Fascism by Jonah Goldberg.

As we shall see, the Nazis emulated the Jacobins in minute detail. 
It is no longer controversial to say that the French Revollution was disastrous and cruel.

The Nazis hated Christianity.....

P 21  The introduction of a novel term like "liberal fascism" obviously requires an explanation.   Many critics will undoubtedly regard it as a crass oxymoron.  Actually, however, I am not the first to use the term.  that honor falls to H.G. Wells, one of the greatest influences on the progressive mind in the twentieth century (and it turns out the inspiration for Huxley's Brave New World).
Nor did Wells coin the phrase as an indictment, but as a badge of honor.  Progressives must become "liberal fascists" and "enlightened Nazis" he told the Young Liberals at Oxford in a speech in July 1932.

Wells, simply put, was enthralled by the totalitarian temptation. "I have never been able to escape altogether from its relentless logic," he declared.

Fascism, like Progressivism and communism, is expansionist because it sees no natural boundary to its ambitions.  Progressivism envisions a New World Order.

P 23  Finally, since we must have a working definition of fascism, here is mine:  Fascism is a religion of the state.  It is totalitarian in that it views everything as political and holds that any action by the state is justified to achieve the common good.

Mussolini:
The Father of Fascism

P 27  the Italian Fascist movement (was founded) in 1919...
When Mussolini invaded Ethiopia, Americans finally started to turn on him.

More than a few prominent Americans continued to support him [Mussolini], although quietly.  The poet Wallace Stevens, for example, stayed pro-Fascist.  "I am pro-Mussolini, personally," he wrote to a friend.  "The Italians have as much right to take Ethiopia from the coons as the coons had to take it from the boa-constrictors."

In 1927, the Literary Digest conducted an editorial survey asking the question:  Is there a dearth of great men?"  the person named most often to refute the charge was Benito Mussolini - followed by Lenin, Edison, Marconi, and Orville Wright, with Henry Ford and George Bernard Shaw tying for sixth place.

P 28  .. famed reporter Ida Tarbell... praised Mussolini's progressive attitude toward labor....  Similarly smitten was Lincoln Steffens...

The Book Commentary: "The book (Brilliant Creations - The Wonder of Nature and Life) is pure genius."
Review by John Orosz, M.D. "It is beyond outstanding. Please send me twenty signed copies for colleagues, family, and libraries."
"I was running every morning for twenty years with a genius." - Mike McCartney, D.D.S.
"You have the most agile mind of anyone I know." -
Avice Marie Griffin, PhD, Clinical Psychologist

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2021, 05:00:00 am »
While I am aware of Lindbergh's isolationist views and his traveling in Europe to work against America entering the war I am unsure about him being a Nazi sympathizer, an epithet applied to him for accepting a medal from Goering at a dinner during the time he was touring German war factories at the behest of our government to gather information on Germany's abilities.

https://www.mnhs.org/lindbergh/learn/controversies
The surprise attack on Pearl Harbor by the Japanese on Dec 7, 1941, compelled an end to Lindbergh's opposition to the war, and to the work of the American First Committee.

Aiding the war effort
Lindbergh hoped to return to the armed services, but during his time with the America First Committee, he had publicly resigned from the Army Air Corps. Secretary of War Henry L. Stimson questioned Lindbergh's loyalty and denied him a command.

Henry Ford hired Lindbergh as a technical advisor at his Willow Run, Michigan, plant that was converting from automobile manufacture to production of B-24 Liberator bombers. In 1943, Lindbergh joined United Aircraft, and also chaired the Aeromedical Unit for Research in Aviation Medicine at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota, in order to help advance high-altitude flying.

In 1944, Lindbergh persuaded United Aircraft to designate him a technical representative in the South Pacific to study aircraft performances under combat conditions. Traveling via Hawaii, Midway, Palmyra, Funafuti, Bougainville, and Green Island, Lindbergh arrived in New Guinea in late April, two months after leaving the United States.

Despite being a civilian, Lindbergh flew on dawn patrols, joined rescue missions, and flew any combat mission that would get him to the front lines, and taught young pilots how to conserve fuel and fly longer-range missions.

When Lindbergh left the South Pacific in September 1944, he had participated in 50 combat missions, and was credited with at least one kill — an event that profoundly affected him and which he wrote about in his book-length essay, Of Flight and Life (1948).

So if PBS is saying that Trump, like Lindbergh wanted to keep America out of wars that didn't concern us and actually put America first and did all he could to aid our military? Well, okay.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2021, 05:04:06 am by GtHawk »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #56 on: June 25, 2021, 06:33:23 am »
BTW,Lindenberg wasn't really a Nazi sympathizer. He did admire the way the Nazi's organized their people during and after the Depression so that order was restored and people had jobs,food,and places to live.

His admiration for the Nazi's was ENTIRELY during the 1930's. Once they started invading other nations and then murdering and enslaving other peoples,he dropped them like a rock.
He even tried to become a fighter pilot in the Army Air Force when WW-2 began,but King Franklin had him banned from volunteering.

IIRC,he ended up going to China and teaching the Chinese how to fly so they could fight off their Japanese invaders. I also THINK he ended up shooting down several Japanese war planes.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!