Author Topic: Bloomberg funding anti-Trump campaign in 6 battleground states  (Read 419 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Bloomberg funding anti-Trump campaign in 6 battleground states
They are states that Donald Trump narrowly beat Hillary Clinton in back in 2016.

Author: TEGNA, KATHLEEN RONAYNE Associated Press
Published: 4:13 AM EST March 6, 2020
Updated: 4:13 AM EST March 6, 2020

SACRAMENTO, California — Former presidential candidate Mike Bloomberg appears to be keeping his word: Even though he won't be the Democratic nominee, he's not finished trying to defeat President Donald Trump.

The billionaire and former New York City mayor is funding an anti-Trump operation in six battleground states in an effort to oust the Republican president in November.

Bloomberg will tap his vast fortune to pay for field offices in Arizona, Florida, Michigan, North Carolina, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin.

In the 2016 election, Trump won those states over Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton by a combined 489,317 votes out of more than 28.6 million cast -- about 1.7%. Had Clinton won those, she would have won the Electoral College vote and the presidency, 333 to 205. But Trump won 306 to 232.

more
https://www.fox61.com/article/news/nation-world/bloomberg-funding-anti-trump-campaign-in-6-battleground-states/520-a183e9a8-2171-4fa4-80be-1e88e82eaf44
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Re: Bloomberg funding anti-Trump campaign in 6 battleground states
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2020, 03:40:30 pm »
This doesn't surprise me.  I'm still seeing Bloomers ads here in Florida.  I wonder how many people he will hire to intimidate at the polls, etc?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mortarman

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2020, 05:17:09 pm »
There use to be an old adage in the days when print media was king. Never get into a war with someone who buys ink by the barrel.

:pop41:
The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2020, 06:00:53 pm »
And my theory about why he only "suspended" his campaign holds true.  He's still technically a "candidate" so he can skirt the campaign finance laws, such as they are. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Applewood

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2020, 09:07:43 pm »
I saw one yesterday showing a bunch of anti-Trump headlines.  Didn't notice which organization was sponsoring it though.    Really didn't even pay attention to what the ad was trying to say. either

There is also one with a guy, presumably not an actor but a truck driver, saying he voted for Trump in 2016, but won't vote for him this year.  Something about it's ok to change your mind.  But I suspect that's coming from an anti-Trump Republican group -- Amash, Conway, maybe? 

Anyway, I guess from now till November, any tv watching I do will be on Amazon Prime, Netflix  or some other streaming service.  Commercial free.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2020, 02:48:51 am »
And my theory about why he only "suspended" his campaign holds true.  He's still technically a "candidate" so he can skirt the campaign finance laws, such as they are.

I agree.