Author Topic: Freedom House Assails Russia, Iran For Protest Crackdowns, But Also Raps U.S.  (Read 346 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Excerpts, so what does it say about the USA?:

Freedom House Assails Russia, Iran For Protest Crackdowns, But Also Raps U.S.

It said the administration of President Donald Trump has failed to exhibit consistent commitment to a foreign policy based on the principles of democracy and human rights.

The report said that, while Trump has denounced “authoritarian abuses” in countries such as Iran and Venezuela, “he has excused clear violations by traditional security partners such as Turkey and Egypt.”

“He has also given a pass to tyrannical leaders whom he hopes to woo diplomatically, including Vladimir Putin of Russia and Kim Jong Un in North Korea.

Read more at:   https://www.rferl.org/a/freedom-house-assails-russia-iran-for-protest-crackdowns-but-also-raps-u-s-/30467668.html

From the Freedom House report, look at 2005, actually a good year for freedom:

Freedom House Report:  https://freedomhouse.org/report/freedom-world/2020/leaderless-struggle-democracy

Okay, Freedom House is good in a very general way. I don't know all of their criteria but if it is for things like some social issues let's say, I don't necessarily agree with that. These are ball park figures.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Like I said, they are ballpark figures but overall, useful.

Green is free, yellow is semi-free, purple is unfree.

So, you can look at the map, Outer Mongolia over China is green, it is actually somehow, a free nation, India is a free nation.  There's Ukraine, "semi-free". Not sure for what year this is, I think a recent year, Venezuela was rated semi-free only a few years ago, now, it's purple like Cuba:

So, just for a quick glance, I think it tells one a lot.