Author Topic: Yet another Icebreaker finds itself Stuck in Unexpectedly Thick Arctic Ice  (Read 349 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Electroverse by Cap Allon 3/5/2020

The Russian icebreaker Kapitan Dranitsyn has been stuck for days in unexpectedly thick Arctic sea ice. She was on her way to support the MOSAiC expedition –a crew of “climate change experts” aboard the Polarstern who intentionally marooned themselves near the North Pole at a cost of $158 million to document an Arctic Winter (see full article here)— but now requires assistance herself, and a THIRD icebreaker, the Admiral Makarov, departed from Murmansk on March 3.

Dozens of scientists and environmentalist from 20 nations boarded the German icebreaker RV Polarstern back in July, 2019 on a year-long voyage to ‘study the impact of climate change on the Arctic and how it affects the rest of the world‘ — the MOSAiC expedition.

“So far we have always been locked out of that region, and we lack even the basic observations of the climate processes in the central Arctic from winter,” expedition leader Markus Rex told the AP.

“We are going to change that for the first time”.

More: https://electroverse.net/yet-another-icebreaker-finds-itself-stuck-in-unexpectedly-thick-arctic-ice/

Offline MeganC

• I'm the same MeganC from Free Republic.
The ice is catastrophically thick because of GLOBAL WARMING!!!!!!!!!!
There is nothing feminine about feminism.

Offline mortarman

They're sending a third ice breaker to rescue both the original one that was full of so-called "climate change hoaxers" as well as the one sent to rescue them in the first place. This is a prime example of the libtard economic strateejury of throwing good money after bad.

:pop41:
The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.

Offline PeteS in CA

Warmistas getting stuck in Arctic ice that isn't supposed to be there has become an annual event. Ice Man instead of Burning Man. More seriously, how do they not learn?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
You would think that if anyone had the experience to avoid getting stuck in the ice,it would be the Russians.

I just don't understand how this happened. Did they just stop moving for hours and get iced in? IF that is what happened,I suspect there are a couple of Captains in the Russian Navy who are going to be in a heap of trouble when they get back to their base.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!