Author Topic: Bernie Sanders Says He Will Drop Out if Biden Gets Plurality Coming Into Dem Convention  (Read 571 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Bernie Sanders Says He Will Drop Out if Biden Gets Plurality Coming Into Dem Convention
By Aila Slisco On 3/4/20 at 10:59 PM EST

Senator Bernie Sanders vowed to drop out of the presidential race if former Vice President Joe Biden ends up with a plurality of pledged delegates heading into the Democratic convention in July.

Sanders made the remarks during an appearance on MSNBC's The Rachel Maddow Show Wednesday night. The senator stayed in the race against former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton in 2016 despite having fewer delegates but said that a rules change after that election cycle makes the situation different this time. If he is left with fewer delegates than Biden at the end of this primary season, he plans to bow out of the race, insisting that using superdelegates to decide the nomination would be a mistake.

"If Biden walks into the convention, or at the end of the process, [and] has more votes than me, he's the winner," said Sanders, before confirming he would concede whether the lead was a majority or a plurality.

At the end of the 2016 primaries, Democratic convention rules allowed superdelegates to vote on the first ballot, which is no longer the case in 2020. Instead, a candidate who has a majority of at least 1,991 delegates would automatically win on the first ballot. However, if a candidate only had a plurality of votes, a second ballot could potentially be decided by superdelegates.

more
https://www.newsweek.com/bernie-sanders-will-drop-out-if-biden-gets-plurality-coming-dem-convention-1490614
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline cato potatoe

Biden's up by 47 in Florida.  This primary is wrapping up next week unless something happens.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Give that Biden and Bernie are really the only two left in the race, and nobody else has any delegates of which to speak, any plurality is likely to be a majority anyway.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Biden's up by 47 in Florida.  This primary is wrapping up next week unless something happens.
Of course.
Sanders gave FL to Biden on a silver platter with his insane praise for Fidel Castro.
Either Sanders considers Castro and La Revolución to be more important than winning the Presidency,
or he is either stupid or insane.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online LMAO

Behind closed doors, the DNC may be realizing that winning the WH will be tough this year

Biden would be safer than Sanders because with Sanders they could also risk losing the HOR
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Terrible news.  Dims are coalescing around Biden. 

Hope GOP and the Trump campaign are doing their due dilligence and research on the Biden Crime Family. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline musiclady

Of course.
Sanders gave FL to Biden on a silver platter with his insane praise for Fidel Castro.
Either Sanders considers Castro and La Revolución to be more important than winning the Presidency,
or he is either stupid or insane.

Or all of the above?
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Biden would be safer than Sanders because with Sanders they could also risk losing the HOR
HOR Awibre (also known as HOR I) was an Egyptian pharaoh of the 13th Dynasty reigning from c. 1777 BC until 1775 BC or for a few months, c. 1760 BC or c. 1732 BC, during the Second Intermediate Period. HOR is known primarily thanks to his nearly intact tomb discovered in 1894 and the rare life-size wooden statue of the king's Ka it housed.

HOR the First

If Biden is not nominated HOR will stop supporting the Democrats.
So let it be written. So let it be done!
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I haven't been able to find a total vote count, but this may be Bernie pulling a fast one. 

Realize that Slow Joe probably is totalling somewhere probably in the upper 30's% of all votes cast to date through 40% of the primaries.

For him to reach 1 vote over 50% (plurality) by the end of the primaries might be tougher than everyone realizes. 

Bernie comes across unobstructional, and gets to eat his cake too.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline thackney

I haven't been able to find a total vote count, but this may be Bernie pulling a fast one. 

Realize that Slow Joe probably is totalling somewhere probably in the upper 30's% of all votes cast to date through 40% of the primaries.

For him to reach 1 vote over 50% (plurality) by the end of the primaries might be tougher than everyone realizes. 

Bernie comes across unobstructional, and gets to eat his cake too.

Plurality does not mean over 50%.  That is a majority.  Plurality just means more than anyone else.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/plurality
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
Plurality does not mean over 50%.  That is a majority.  Plurality just means more than anyone else.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/plurality

Brain fart.  >60, I get one per day.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Maybe the DNC has bought off Bernie with the promise of his own Lear jet if he bows out. Then, what's a Bernie Bro to do?

The real problem is Biden's senility and the fact that someone will be the President behind the scenes. Will it be Jill, who really stepped up with ferocity to defend her frail old hubby? Probably not, she wants to be FLOTUS so bad she can taste it.
Principles matter. Words matter.