Author Topic: Prosecutors: Bernie Madoff should not be released and can die in prison  (Read 251 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Prosecutors: Bernie Madoff should not be released and can die in prison
by Caitlin Yilek
 | March 05, 2020 11:23 AM

Former New York financier Bernie Madoff should not be released from prison early, even if it means he will die there, prosecutors argued.

The 81-year-old was sentenced to 150 years in federal prison in 2009 for running the largest Ponzi scheme in history and is seeking an early release from prison, citing his deteriorating health. In a court filing last month, Madoff’s lawyers said he had less than 18 months to live because of chronic kidney failure that has progressed to “end-stage renal disease.”

More than 500 victims wrote to a Manhattan federal court judge to oppose early release, while only 20 letter writers supported his release. Madoff showed “a wholesale lack of understanding of the seriousness of his crimes and a lack of compassion for his victims, underscoring that he is undeserving of compassionate release himself,” prosecutors said Wednesday.

The Federal Bureau of Prisons has agreed he has less than two years to live but has denied early release on the grounds that it “would minimize the severity of his offense.”

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/prosecutors-bernie-madoff-should-not-be-released-and-can-die-in-prison
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
The misery this piece of human excrement brought to so many?  Hell no, he does not deserve one second of freedom.

If or some bizarre reason,  Trump would pardon or commute  Madoff's conviction?   He'd lose me and many others support.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.