Author Topic: President Trump makes false claims about coronavirus, suggests you can ‘go to work’ if you’re sick  (Read 6180 times)

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
@musiclady

One poster's idea of "bullying" is another poster's idea of "...okay, enough of this sh*t!"

We've given up long ago trying to embarrass certain members into waking-up about the many virtues of Donald J. Trump, as POTUS.

Fact is, the most prolific posters at this time, are rabid haters of the man.   They 'hide' behind their biblical faith and/or principles and simply continue to discount 3 Plus years of evidence suggesting that he's literally, God's gift to America.

At this point, we're not looking for, "Gee guys, I'm sorry I was so wrong about him", etc..

When out here in the real world, Pro-Trumpers are being physically assaulted, we sure don't need to be treated this way in T-effing BR.

@Cyber Liberty  @mystery-ak    Please just keep this in mind when you respond to the "abuse" button.  Thank you.

@DCPatriot
Well said!
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline jpsb

Tried to find some small bottles of hand sanitizer tonight for our cruise on sunday...on base and off the shelves where that stuff would normally be are empty.

@txradioguy

Use rubbing alcohol, it does a much better job.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
@DCPatriot
Well said!

Thank you.

Somebody knock off my MAGA hat while I'm MMOB, I'm going to reflexively knock the SOB into next week.

So it happens on a figurative basis HERE.  All day.  Everyday.

Effing Refugees are in TBR 'Boardroom.      :2popcorn:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Thank you.

Somebody knock off my MAGA hat while I'm MMOB, I'm going to reflexively knock the SOB into next week.

We have a Boardroom?  Why aren't there donuts and finger sandwiches?   :whistle:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
We have a Boardroom?  Why aren't there donuts and finger sandwiches?   :whistle:

And coffee!

10294 :coffee!:
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline skeeter

Thank you.

IMO with those folks you reference it stopped being about Trump and started being all about those who support him awhile ago. Not sure why, but whatever. Good things are happening and thats all that matters.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 03:05:35 pm by skeeter »

Online DCPatriot

:laugh: 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online roamer_1

@musiclady

One poster's idea of "bullying" is another poster's idea of "...okay, enough of this sh*t!"

We've given up long ago trying to embarrass certain members into waking-up about the many virtues of Donald J. Trump, as POTUS.

Fact is, the most prolific posters at this time, are rabid haters of the man.   They 'hide' behind their biblical faith and/or principles and simply continue to discount 3 Plus years of evidence suggesting that he's literally, God's gift to America.

At this point, we're not looking for, "Gee guys, I'm sorry I was so wrong about him", etc..

When out here in the real world, Pro-Trumpers are being physically assaulted, we sure don't need to be treated this way in T-effing BR.

@Cyber Liberty  @mystery-ak    Please just keep this in mind when you respond to the "abuse" button.  Thank you.

@DCPatriot

Crybaby bullcrap... And no excuse.

Offline austingirl

IMO with those folks you reference it stopped being about Trump and started being all about those who support him awhile ago. Not sure why, but whatever. Good things are happening and thats all that matters.

Exactly right!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Hey, let's lighten up this nice Sunday Morning.  Things will look differently later. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline austingirl

@DCPatriot

Nothing in the post deserves the crybaby slam. And the content is the truth.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Thank you.

So I gather you'd like TBR to be just like TOS, where anything said bad about Trump gets you banned. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online roamer_1

Wrong. It is not the truth to me. Nowhere close.

Offline austingirl

Wrong. It is not the truth to me. Nowhere close.
That's quite obvious.

Online DCPatriot

@DCPatriot

@roamer_1

I beg to differ, sir.

This is and always has been a political forum going back to the days way before MudBoy Slim was a gleam in his daddy's eye.

To accomodate a certain group, it morphed into primarily a 'Conservative' forum with public estrangement from Ronald Reagan's affiliation.

Why?  So as to give cover to that certain group. That's why.

At this point in President Trump's 1st term, @Chosen Daughter is given cover here to basically troll the POTUS and troll the forum.

Check the number of threads in the main CATS that get any 'decent' activity.

They're all threads where we poke sticks at one another.

As @Lando Lincoln suggested, it would seem easy to simply.... put on a phony facade OR use the 'Ignore' feature.

Trouble is... Trumpers have strong conservative, and patriotic principles too.

And, we're not allowed to treat this troll with anything but the highest respect.   Why?   Based upon an Avatar and a facade?

Online roamer_1

That's quite obvious.

No doubt, and that's the point. Just because I see things different does not mean I am wrong. Nor should I have to put up with endless puff pieces pimping this administration, nor be subject to tirades because I will not fall into lockstep.

It used to be a conservative thing to not trust any government and to hold our own to a high standard.
That remains the case with me.

Online DCPatriot

So I gather you'd like TBR to be just like TOS, where anything said bad about Trump gets you banned.

I've not suggested anyone be banned and/or dispended [sic].

Is Orville correct? That I shouldn't have the right to point out the truth in certain environments?    :laugh:

Online corbe

The Pile-Up continues on @Chosen Daughter Sure she was overboard sometimes in her vitriol of President Trump but we also have others here on the opposite side of that spectrum that are given latitude to express their views, that is the Beauty of TBR.  At our Foundation is rock solid Conservatism.  I want to take this opportunity to ask everyone to do some reflection and realize that at times it may appear that we are on different planets we are in fact all in the same boat.  Thank you Mystery for making it possible.    /Rant off ~ Music On

Magical Mystery Tour (Remastered 2009

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online DB

Back to needing a protected space again are we?

Unbelievable.

Online roamer_1

@roamer_1

I beg to differ, sir.

This is and always has been a political forum going back to the days way before MudBoy Slim was a gleam in his daddy's eye.

To accomodate a certain group, it morphed into primarily a 'Conservative' forum with public estrangement from Ronald Reagan's affiliation.

Nonsense @DCPatriot
There is no gain in screeching for compliance - For holding people's noses to the grindstone. That is not debate. That is not winnowing down to the truth. It's just throwing poo.

Why?  So as to give cover to that certain group. That's why.

Total bullcrap. Nearly to a man, the so called holdouts are staunch Reaganite Conservatives, like myself, and nearly every one of them I have known to be so for well over a decade.

They are the LEAST likely to be swayed by populism and/or pragmatism and have ALWAYS been so.
And here, to Tumpsters, that is an offense of the highest order...

At this point in President Trump's 1st term, @Chosen Daughter is given cover here to basically troll the POTUS and troll the forum.

Bullcrap. She is welcome to her opinion, and I will rise to defend that, not that I should have to.

Trouble is... Trumpers have strong conservative, and patriotic principles too.

Nah... Not by and large. There are some I respect, some more that hold their nose, which I get, but no, the fan club preaches pragmatism, not Conservatism, and have made that declaration themselves denigrating principled Conservatism at every turn.

And, we're not allowed to treat this troll with anything but the highest respect.   Why?   Based upon an Avatar and a facade?

Hey. She didn't ever need a safe space like all y'all . And she takes way more bullcrap from you than you ever get. And since you can't beat her by the numbers, you want the right to throw poo. Again.

Offline austingirl

No doubt, and that's the point. Just because I see things different does not mean I am wrong. Nor should I have to put up with endless puff pieces pimping this administration, nor be subject to tirades because I will not fall into lockstep.

It used to be a conservative thing to not trust any government and to hold our own to a high standard.
That remains the case with me.

Shouldn't that work both ways? If you shouldn't have to put up with puff pieces pimping the administration, should Trump supporters be subjected to constant unsourced, speculative hit pieces on Trump? Do you see the problem with your statement? You don't want to be subject to tirades? Well neither do I.

Offline skeeter

Shouldn't that work both ways? If you shouldn't have to put up with puff pieces pimping the administration, should Trump supporters be subjected to constant unsourced, speculative hit pieces on Trump? Do you see the problem with your statement? You don't want to be subject to tirades? Well neither do I.

These Trump wars are like WOPR at Cheyenne Mtn playing tic tac toe with itself.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
These Trump wars are like WOPR at Cheyenne Mtn playing tic tac toe with itself.

I wish Whopper would stick to tic tac toe.  The Trump Wars are a ridiculous diversion.
I will NOT comply.

Online roamer_1

The puff pieces are no more substantiated than any other. Y'all just agree with em.

I am all for dissecting articles to get to the truth. That's what I want from this place - To shovel all that news through a grinder and examine what's left through the prism of Conservatism. That is not what is happening here... If it ain't pro-Tump it's all just lies to some around here. And it is a stench.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Nonsense @DCPatriot
There is no gain in screeching for compliance - For holding people's noses to the grindstone. That is not debate. That is not winnowing down to the truth. It's just throwing poo.

Total bullcrap. Nearly to a man, the so called holdouts are staunch Reaganite Conservatives, like myself, and nearly every one of them I have known to be so for well over a decade.

They are the LEAST likely to be swayed by populism and/or pragmatism and have ALWAYS been so.
And here, to Tumpsters, that is an offense of the highest order...

Bullcrap. She is welcome to her opinion, and I will rise to defend that, not that I should have to.

Nah... Not by and large. There are some I respect, some more that hold their nose, which I get, but no, the fan club preaches pragmatism, not Conservatism, and have made that declaration themselves denigrating principled Conservatism at every turn.

Hey. She didn't ever need a safe space like all y'all . And she takes way more bullcrap from you than you ever get. And since you can't beat her by the numbers, you want the right to throw poo. Again.

Nobody needs a "safe space."  We tried something like that 4 years ago with the Caucus Categories, it made Moderating about 10X more difficult, and that's no lie.  So...we've been there, we did that, and didn't even get a a lousy T-shirt.  Nothing but grief.
I will NOT comply.