Author Topic: President Trump makes false claims about coronavirus, suggests you can ‘go to work’ if you’re sick  (Read 6343 times)

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Back to needing a protected space again are we?

Unbelievable.

What is unbelievable is that post was a quote taken from I post I made and you make it look like I posted it. How dishonest of you. And I don't need a safe space and neither does the OP. Shame on you @DB
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
The puff pieces are no more substantiated than any other. Y'all just agree with em.

I am all for dissecting articles to get to the truth. That's what I want from this place - To shovel all that news through a grinder and examine what's left through the prism of Conservatism. That is not what is happening here... If it ain't pro-Tump it's all just lies to some around here. And it is a stench.
@roamer_1
You don't know what I agree with and what I don't.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online Lando Lincoln

Hey!  FWIW... I support PDJT and will vote for him. I hope everyone will. But, that said...

I heard a rumor the donuts and finger sandwiches are being left untouched in the Boardroom because of this new virus thing.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online mountaineer

Hey, I know! Let's discuss things without making it personal! Without assuming the worst about someone simply because he or she may be an ardent Trump supporter - or an equally ardent non-supporter of his. Most of us fall somewhere in the middle anyway.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Hey, I know! Let's discuss things without making it personal! Without assuming the worst about someone simply because he or she may be an ardent Trump supporter - or an equally ardent non-supporter of his. Most of us fall somewhere in the middle anyway.

That would make things too easy, and it would throw all the Mods out of work.   rrthree
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online corbe

Let Me Be Understood ~  John Moreland

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

If Bob Dylan and Bruce Springsteen had a son.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Lando Lincoln

Wait! Wha’?  As Ayn Rand said, I’ll have to check my assumptions.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline aligncare

I hate to see TBR becoming an outlet for Democrat propaganda, especially in an election year. There is too much at stake.

The constitution doesn’t give journalists a license to lie, to make stuff up and use the First Amendment as a shield to hide behind while they do the left’s bidding! Think of it this way. The media is yelling fire in a crowded theater—it’s a lie just as dangerous a lie as spreading fear of fire is, it’s a false narrative and we shouldn’t be highlighting those lies in the name of First Amendment rights and ‘balance.’

Offline roamer_1

I hate to see TBR becoming an outlet for Democrat propaganda, especially in an election year. There is too much at stake.

The constitution doesn’t give journalists a license to lie, to make stuff up and use the First Amendment as a shield to hide behind while they do the left’s bidding! Think of it this way. The media is yelling fire in a crowded theater—it’s a lie just as dangerous a lie as spreading fear of fire is, it’s a false narrative and we shouldn’t be highlighting those lies in the name of First Amendment rights and ‘balance.’

Not a damn bit different than the insipid pap coming out of conservative outhouse and brightfart.

Offline skeeter

I don't think there's anything wrong with calling out someone who continually posts slanted poorly sourced material. If it's clear someone has an agenda that becomes part of the discussion, by necessity. Don't want to turn TBR into a safe space:)

Without the personal insults, of course.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Not a damn bit different than the insipid pap coming out of conservative outhouse and brightfart.

One man's meat is another man's poison.   :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline roamer_1

One man's meat is another man's poison.   :shrug:

And truth in journalism is the only casualty. Party on.

Offline DB

What is unbelievable is that post was a quote taken from I post I made and you make it look like I posted it. How dishonest of you. And I don't need a safe space and neither does the OP. Shame on you @DB

All I did was hit the quote button. I didn't change a single character of your post. Nothing dishonest about that. Yet you call me dishonest now... And you speak of shame...

Offline skeeter

Apparently you didn't read the subject article posted by the person you're here defending.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Hey!  FWIW... I support PDJT and will vote for him. I hope everyone will. But, that said...

I heard a rumor the donuts and finger sandwiches are being left untouched in the Boardroom because of this new virus thing.

Was Bloomberg in there
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

I don't think there's anything wrong with calling out someone who continually posts slanted poorly sourced material. If it's clear someone has an agenda that becomes part of the discussion, by necessity. Don't want to turn TBR into a safe space:)

Without the personal insults, of course.

:yowsa:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

Apparently you didn't read the subject article posted by the person you're here defending.

Nah - I don't care.
I don't believe any of it from any direction. Propaganda all the way around. Have at it.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Who's "truth?"  How about the missing part: Facts?
I will NOT comply.

Offline roamer_1

Exactly. From all directions too, which is the difference. I used to trust Conservative media. No more.

Offline skeeter

Nah - I don't care.
I don't believe any of it from any direction. Propaganda all the way around. Have at it.

Thats why the Good Lord gave us the power of critical thought.

Offline roamer_1

Thats why the Good Lord gave us the power of critical thought.

:beer:

Would that some would use it.

Offline DB

Well unfortunately if you go strictly by facts you would have to take what Trumps says literally and that doesn't go so well either. After he speaks it usually takes a news cycle or two to get what he said "clarified" to what he really meant to say...

So we just get a big mess as a result fueling the fire on all sides. Hell, I was just called "dishonest" for hitting the quote button on someone's post where I changed nothing...

That dumpster fire emoji would be handy now...
« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 05:03:31 pm by DB »

Offline musiclady

Two hours later, lots of conversation and anger, and I’m still laughing that t_s actually thinks that sinkspur runs this place!

What a hoot!  :silly: :silly:

(But it sure explains a lot oh his off-the-wall I hate this forum posts! Lol!!!)
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Exactly. From all directions too, which is the difference. I used to trust Conservative media. No more.

Then it's a shame you skipped the article.   **nononono*
I will NOT comply.

Online corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.