Author Topic: Kansas legislator proposes 5% ‘privilege’ tax on sale of guns and ammo  (Read 363 times)

rangerrebew

Kansas legislator proposes 5% ‘privilege’ tax on sale of guns and ammo

By

The Daily Sheeple |  Sean Walton
Published on February 29, 2020

Rep. Jerry Stogsdill (D-Prairie Village) introduced a bill in the Kansas legislature that would impose a 5% privilege tax on the sale of guns and ammunition in the state. Law enforcement and the military would be exempt.

HB2635 says revenue from the new tax would be used for mental health services: “There is hereby established the residential mental health treatment fund in the state treasury.

https://www.thedailysheeple.com/kansas-legislator-proposes-5-privilege-tax-on-sale-of-guns-and-ammo/

Offline thackney

The second amendment protects a right, not a privilege.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Hoodat

HB2635 says revenue from the new tax would be used for mental health services:

Just like the new cigarette taxes would be used to address teen smoking, or like social security taxes being used to pay our social security.  Bureaucrats are liars.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline mortarman

Someone should look into his mental health to begin with.

:pop41:
The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.

Offline mountaineer

The second amendment protects a right, not a privilege.
Yeah, you'd think.  9999hair out0000
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Kansas legislator proposes 5% ‘privilege’ tax on sale of guns and ammo

By

The Daily Sheeple |  Sean Walton
Published on February 29, 2020

Rep. Jerry Stogsdill (D-Prairie Village) introduced a bill in the Kansas legislature that would impose a 5% privilege tax on the sale of guns and ammunition in the state. Law enforcement and the military would be exempt.

HB2635 says revenue from the new tax would be used for mental health services: “There is hereby established the residential mental health treatment fund in the state treasury.

https://www.thedailysheeple.com/kansas-legislator-proposes-5-privilege-tax-on-sale-of-guns-and-ammo/

If they need the tax money,they should tax everybody registered to vote as Dims. The entire left are barking at the moon mad,so let them pay for their own treatment.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline mountaineer

If they need the tax money,they should tax everybody registered to vote as Dims. The entire left are barking at the moon mad,so let them pay for their own treatment.
:yowsa:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
A fun afternoon out of the range not long ago put me back maybe $15. 

Now I'm spending about $50.  Just don't understand this escalation in ammo prices.  Not like my TX legislators are going to do any stupid anti 2A actions.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.