Author Topic: Romney: GOP investigation into Hunter Biden and Burisma 'appears political'  (Read 598 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Romney: GOP investigation into Hunter Biden and Burisma 'appears political'
by Caitlin Yilek
 | March 05, 2020 03:06 PM

Sen. Mitt Romney said his party’s investigation into 2020 Democratic front-runner Joe Biden’s son and a Ukrainian gas company “appears political.”

“There's no question but that the appearance of looking into Burisma and Hunter Biden appears political, and I think people are tired of these kind of political investigations,” the Utah Republican told reporters Thursday.

Earlier this week, Senate Homeland Security Committee Chairman Ron Johnson said he intended to seek a subpoena against a former consultant for a U.S. firm with connections to Burisma Holdings. Biden was on the board of the energy company while his father was vice president.

Johnson, who insisted he's "not focused on the Bidens," alleged the company “sought to leverage Hunter Biden’s role as a board member of Burisma to gain access to, and potentially influence matters at, the State Department.”

Many Republicans have questioned why Biden was hired by the company when he had no previous experience in the energy sector. Joe Biden's presidential campaign, meanwhile, brushed off news of the investigation.

more w/video
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/romney-gop-investigation-into-hunter-biden-and-burisma-appears-political
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DB

What was your vote on impeachment about if not political you dufus.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Wow.
He really has jumped into the deep end of the Democrat swimming pool.
The GOP/RNC should come up with some way to expel him from the Party.
He is not a Republican. He is not even a moderate Republican.
No. He has morphed into a full blown Leftist Liberal Democrat.
Romney should not be allowed to present credentials showing colors which he does not wear.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline bilo

Wow.
He really has jumped into the deep end of the Democrat swimming pool.
The GOP/RNC should come up with some way to expel him from the Party.
Romney should not be allowed to present credentials showing colors which he does not wear.

I would love to see the Pubs follow up on your thought after the Nov. election, if they gain seats in the Senate.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Online roamer_1

Sen. Mitt Romney said his party’s investigation into 2020 Democratic front-runner Joe Biden’s son and a Ukrainian gas company “appears political.”

“There's no question but that the appearance of looking into Burisma and Hunter Biden appears political, and I think people are tired of these kind of political investigations,” the Utah Republican told reporters Thursday.

So to extrapolate the statement to its absurd conclusion: Only the Democrats get to investigate the Democrats... How the hell is that going to work out?

Online roamer_1

He has always been a bleeding heart liberal, and represents the liberal wing of the Republican party. He has been the very same thing all the way along.

Folks have to disabuse themselves of the notion that Republican means the same thing as conservative.
It is not true, and has never been true.

Offline skeeter

Careful there Willard, you're liable to be consumed by your own hatred.

Offline corbe

Unfortunately it's up to the citizens of Utah to remove this azzhole but the least Mitch/GOP could do is to get him off of all committees, NOW.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline PeteS in CA

Ya lost, Mitt. Trump is still President, and being a Presidential candidate doesn't shield Joe Biden - or his son - from investigations of their probable corruption.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online andy58-in-nh

Unless I am mistaken, I believe Mitt Romney’s foreign policy adviser Joseph Cofer Black served on the board of Burisma Holdings alongside Hunter Biden.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Unless I am mistaken, I believe Mitt Romney’s foreign policy adviser Joseph Cofer Black served on the board of Burisma Holdings alongside Hunter Biden.
Romney, Hillary, Biden, and a dozen others, have a stake in Burisma.
That's exactly what has half of D.C. in terror. They have been found out by Trump.
The Democrats rule and control most domestic media outlets in America.
But they cannot control the world. The truth will out.
And Romney is no different from Hillary when it comes to corruption and greed.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Boy oh boy, is this Mittens a certified P.O.S. ...

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused

Exactly, I think that is the connection.

And, Romney is going to try to scuttle the investigation, sure puts his impeachment vote in perspective.

https://www.redstate.com/bonchie/2020/03/05/mitt-romney-signals-hes-going-to-scuttle-the-biden-burisma-senate-investigation/

Offline corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!

Well, look for the bag to run in 2024 or back Biden.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
So to extrapolate the statement to its absurd conclusion: Only the Democrats get to investigate the Democrats... How the hell is that going to work out?

Three blind mice.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline EdinVA

Romney could block Republican subpoena try aimed at the Bidens
Romney’s vote is pivotal. Republicans maintain an 8-to-6 majority in the committee, and if Romney sides with Democrats the result would be a 7-7 tie.

"There’s no question but that the appearance of looking into Burisma and Hunter Biden appears political. And I think people are tired of these kinds of political investigations," Romney said.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/romney-could-block-senate-committee-subpoena-aimed-at-the-bidens

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!

...and the corruption continues.  Sure seems like Mittens has his hands in the cookie jar. We've gone from traitor McCain to Traitor Mitt!
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Romney doesn't give a damn about Joe Biden or Hunter Biden or Hillary.
All his votes are to protect HIMSELF and no one else.
How would it look for a guy representative of Mormons to turn out to be a lying, cheating, thief, with no sense of ethics at all?
Regardless of what blocking measures he does, in the end he will be exposed.
Expelled from the Mormon Church, very possibly, but these days who knows?

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Romney doesn't give a damn about Joe Biden or Hunter Biden or Hillary.
All his votes are to protect HIMSELF and no one else.

:yowsa: Absolutely right!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Boy oh boy, is this Mittens a certified P.O.S. ...

:yowsa: And a self-serving one to boot!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
What they are doing in Washington D.C. is, they are making all the defendants jurors...as to whether or not the defendant should be charged. Well...let me think about this for a minute...I'm guessing that the guilty party is going to vote 'not guilty'. But that is just me so...

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
One day closer.

Three blind mice.

@Absalom
« Last Edit: March 07, 2020, 03:31:46 am by bigheadfred »
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley