Author Topic: In first contact by a US president, Trump speaks with a top Taliban official by phone  (Read 452 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
In first contact by a US president, Trump speaks with a top Taliban official by phone
by Rob Crilly
 | March 03, 2020 04:23 PM

President Trump said he spoke with a leader of the Taliban on Tuesday and that they had a "very good talk."

Their conversation marked the first time an American president has spoken to a member of the militant group that harbored Osama bin Laden and other al Qaeda figures who were behind the 9/11 attack.

His comments come days after the United States and the Afghan insurgent group signed a troop withdrawal agreement.

"We had a good conversation," Trump told reporters at the White House. "We've agreed there's no violence. We don't want violence."

Earlier, a Taliban spokesman said Trump had spoken by phone to the group's chief negotiator.

"The President of the United States Trump @realDonaldTrump held a phone conversation with the Political Deputy of the Islamic Emirate, the respected Mullah Baradar Akhund. Details later," said Zabihullah Mujahid on Twitter.

On Saturday, Trump said he planned to meet Taliban leaders in the "near future."

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/in-first-contact-by-a-us-president-trump-speaks-with-a-top-taliban-official-by-phone
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Here it comes.....

:2popcorn:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Good start.

Get all their leaders and higher-ups phones.
Engage in meaningful negotiations.
Track the phones and listen in to their conversations.
Send in the drones...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

"We've agreed there's no violence. We don't want violence."

It's nice when people agree.

Online Lando Lincoln

Here it comes.....

:2popcorn:

Astute observations and mature discussions sprinkled with witty repartee?
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Astute observations and mature discussions sprinkled with witty repartee?

It's the bread and butter of TBR!  :yowsa:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Just_Victor

It's the bread and butter of TBR!  :yowsa:
The crushing grip of reason is truly palpable.
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.