Author Topic: Which states vote on Super Tuesday?  (Read 644 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Which states vote on Super Tuesday?
« on: March 01, 2020, 02:58:02 pm »
Alabama: The state holds an open primary, with 52 pledged delegates being awarded on a proportional basis.

American Samoa: The territory holds an open caucus, with the territory awarding six delegates on the basis of the results of the caucuses.

Arkansas: The state holds an open primary, with the 31 delegates being awarded on a proportional basis.

California: The state holds a semi-closed primary – meaning only Democrats and unaffiliated voters can cast a ballot, with the 415 delegates being awarded on a proportional basis.

Colorado: The state holds a semi-closed primary – meaning only Democrats and unaffiliated voters can cast a ballot, with the 67 delegates being awarded on a proportional basis.

Democrats Abroad: This is an open primary in which any U.S. citizen living abroad who is a member of Democrats Abroad can participate, with the 13 delegates being awarded on a proportional basis.

Maine: The state holds a closed primary – meaning only Democrats can cast a ballot, with the 24 delegates being awarded on a proportional basis.

Massachusetts: The state holds a semi-closed primary – meaning only Democrats and unaffiliated voters can cast a ballot, with the 91 delegates being awarded on a proportional basis.

Minnesota: The state holds an open primary, with the 75 delegates being awarded on a proportional basis.

North Carolina: The state holds a semi-closed primary – meaning only Democrats and unaffiliated voters can cast a ballot, with the 110 delegates being awarded on a proportional basis.

Oklahoma: The state holds a semi-closed primary – meaning only Democrats and unaffiliated voters can cast a ballot, with the 37 delegates being awarded on a proportional basis.

Tennessee: The state holds an open primary, with the 64 delegates being awarded on a proportional basis.

Texas: The state holds an open primary, with the 228 delegates being awarded on a proportional basis.

Utah: The state holds an open primary, with the 29 delegates being awarded on a proportional basis.

Vermont: The state holds an open primary, with the 16 delegates being awarded on a proportional basis.

Virginia: The state holds an open primary, with the 99 delegates being awarded on a proportional basis.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/what-states-vote-on-super-tuesday
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Re: Which states vote on Super Tuesday?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2020, 03:17:30 pm »
So, according to this, Republicans can't vote in semi-closed primary States?

And California is a "top-two primary"

California utilizes a top-two primary system. In a top-two primary system, all candidates are listed on the same ballot. The top two vote-getters, regardless of their partisan affiliations, advance to the general election. Consequently, it is possible that two candidates belonging to the same political party could win in a top-two primary and face off in the general election.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 03:19:52 pm by Elderberry »

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2020, 03:55:44 pm »

Am I reading this wrong?  Trump could be left off the ballot if he gets less primary votes than Sanders and Biden?

If so ...  No wonder these pukes want to ditch the EC.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline thackney

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2020, 05:26:19 pm »
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2020, 10:52:58 pm »

That's a different Primary from tomorrow's, I believe.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2020, 01:58:57 am »
That's a different Primary from tomorrow's, I believe.

Separate, but all are Tomorrow.

https://www.ijpr.org/post/who-gets-which-ballot-californias-primary-march-3rd

It is true that California voters are presented with a "jungle primary"... all candidates run in a single primary, all voters see all candidates, and the top two vote-getters (regardless of party) run in November.

But... not the presidential candidates.  And this year California moved its entire primary, presidential votes and all, to March 3rd, Super Tuesday.

There could be some confusion about who gets which ballots, although the Democrats did open their primary to all voters (as did Libertarians and American Independent Party).  BUT, under brand-new California law, voters can change their registration right on election day.  Shasta County Clerk Cathy Darling Allen helps us understand the intracacies of this year's California Primary. 

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2020, 02:20:06 am »
Separate, but all are Tomorrow.

https://www.ijpr.org/post/who-gets-which-ballot-californias-primary-march-3rd

That's interesting.  Thanks!  I had no idea.  That seems pretty early for a Primary of a General Election in November.  In AZ, ours is August 4th.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2020, 02:53:00 am »
That's interesting.  Thanks!  I had no idea.  That seems pretty early for a Primary of a General Election in November.  In AZ, ours is August 4th.

I'm not up on the other states. I've voted already for the Texas Primary Tomorrow.