Author Topic: MSNBC’s Chris Matthews Announces Retirement  (Read 1087 times)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

MSNBC’s Chris Matthews Announces Retirement
« on: March 03, 2020, 01:40:48 am »
Monday night, after over two decades at MSNBC, Chris Matthews announced his retirement.

Recently, frequent MSNBC guest Laura Bassett alleged in an op-ed that Matthews made sexist comments to her off the air.

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2020/03/02/watch-msnbcs-chris-matthews-announces-retirement/

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

The libs are eating their own.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Applewood

Re: MSNBC’s Chris Matthews Announces Retirement
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2020, 01:52:05 am »
Just read that Matthews is 74.  Well past time for him to retire anyway -- although it could be that this retirement was not his choice. 

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2020, 01:56:05 am »
 8888crybaby I won't have Tingle Boy around to mock anymore! 8888crybaby
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2020, 02:51:34 am »
If I were a betting man, I'd put a few bucks on him showing up on RT in a few months.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2020, 02:55:18 am »
If I were a betting man, I'd put a few bucks on him showing up on RT in a few months.

He may have lost his own show, but you can be sure that he'll be a regular 'guest' panelist on many shows...ala Geraldo Rivera.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2020, 03:09:30 am »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2020, 10:07:45 am »
The Thrill is gone...
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2020, 01:57:25 pm »
The Thrill is gone...
Matthews was sort of a throwback to what they used to call  Kennedy Democrats. His idol was JFK and his type of gov.
The problem is those types of Dems, anti-communist/pro-military, have been almost entirely eliminated from the party.
JFK wasn't even that strong on civil rights, the big issue of the time, until goaded into more activism by his brother Bobby and MLK.  JFK was pals with a few southern segregationist senators like George Smathers of Florida.
Those types of Dems who were strong on labor but tepid on a lot of other issues dear to libs today have disappeared.
Abortion "rights", woman's rights,  and the "rights" of sexual weirdos were not in play in those days.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 01:59:28 pm by goatprairie »

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2020, 02:15:41 pm »
Matthews was sort of a throwback to what they used to call  Kennedy Democrats. His idol was JFK and his type of gov.
The problem is those types of Dems, anti-communist/pro-military, have been almost entirely eliminated from the party.
JFK wasn't even that strong on civil rights, the big issue of the time, until goaded into more activism by his brother Bobby and MLK.  JFK was pals with a few southern segregationist senators like George Smathers of Florida.
Those types of Dems who were strong on labor but tepid on a lot of other issues dear to libs today have disappeared.
Abortion "rights", woman's rights,  and the "rights" of sexual weirdos were not in play in those days.

I keep hearing people in my mother’s retirement community wishing RFK was still alive. Man, they really loved Bobby, even more than John.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2020, 02:26:01 pm »
I keep hearing people in my mother’s retirement community wishing RFK was still alive. Man, they really loved Bobby, even more than John.
Then they will absolutely adore Bernie who is Bobby on steriods.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline aligncare

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2020, 02:38:06 pm »

Why can’t internet posters use words? What the heck is RT?

Maybe it’s just me, but this is so annoying.

Offline Redleghunter

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2020, 02:53:54 pm »
Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

The libs are eating their own.
Their victim class will soon run out of "oppressors."   

Offline Applewood

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2020, 02:58:17 pm »

They were also known as conservative Democrats.  They might have been big government, government program advocates, but they were patriots and you're right about moral issues.  They would be appalled by the lack of morality today. 

Of course, the Republican Party also had its share of real conservatives, but most of them are gone too. 

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2020, 02:59:23 pm »

I thought it was just me.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline thackney

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2020, 03:03:34 pm »

+1
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline skeeter

rangerrebew

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2020, 03:10:47 pm »
He's fortunate that he isn't in one of those countries he supports by running down America.  He might have "announced" his retirement but not that he is moving to a Gulag. 22222frying pan

Offline corbe

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2020, 03:15:54 pm »
   RT=Russian Times, I think
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2020, 03:18:08 pm »

I thought it stood for Real Time, With Bill Maher, but what do I know?

In working for lawyers, I was taught to spell out a term in full, then put an abbreviated version in parentheses and in quotes.  From then on, the abbreviated version of the term could be used.  Maybe that's what we  should do here.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2020, 03:20:51 pm »
   RT=Russian Times, I think

Well, my bad. Clearly I’m the fool and RT should have been on my front burner. /s

Offline verga

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2020, 03:24:19 pm »
BKMK
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2020, 03:28:11 pm »

RT = Rooster Teeth

You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2020, 03:41:12 pm »
WashPost via MSN, https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/chris-matthews-msnbc-host-of-hardball-quits-on-air-after-several-controversies/ar-BB10EqVc .

I think Tingle Boy went too far off the reservation about The Bern and the Prog-Orthodoxy Police came after him.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 03:55:50 pm by PeteS in CA »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2020, 04:56:24 pm »
They were also known as conservative Democrats.  They might have been big government, government program advocates, but they were patriots and you're right about moral issues.  They would be appalled by the lack of morality today. 

Of course, the Republican Party also had its share of real conservatives, but most of them are gone too.
"conservative Democrats."
I guess my parents fit that description extremely well.
Very religious, my father a WWII vet, anti-communist, pro-military, pro-gun, and against all the sexual freedom crap from the sixties. My father didn't much like Big Fed Government either.
In short, they'd  epitomize conservative Republicans today. Except, they always voted for Democrats.
At least my father did until one year before he died at 93. Even then he called himself an independent.
My parents were like the Dems who grew up during the Great Depression for whom FDR was a hero who beat the depression and won WWII.  To them Republicans were the party of big business and keeping the little man down.
I also think there was an element of religion in party affiliation in those days. Most Catholics, like us, voted for Dems. Most Protestants, at least northern Protestants,  voted for Republicans.
Of course, a lot of that has changed over the decades.
I always wanted to ask my extremely devout, pro-life Catholic parents how they could stomach voting for pro-abortion Democrats. 

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2020, 05:01:36 pm »
Sign of the times, when PMSNBC is left of Chrissy Matthews.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.