Author Topic: Afghanistan/Taliban Peace Deal with updates.  (Read 3806 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Afghanistan/Taliban Peace Deal with updates.
« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2020, 03:54:54 pm »
@TomSea

In other words,Angelina Jolie and her "sisters" want us to stay there until Islam is destroyed.

Is she offering to sign up an of her children for jobs as infantrymen/whymen when they are old enough?

They don't want Islam destroyed, they just want us to think the Moslems are now "enlightened."  IOW, they have a total misunderstanding of Islam.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2020, 04:05:09 pm »
They don't want Islam destroyed, they just want us to think the Moslems are now "enlightened."  IOW, they have a total misunderstanding of Islam.
I still haven't figured out what rights Afghanis have under our Constitution.

The jurisdiction is Afghanistan, they are not subject to our Constitution, they didn't ratify one word of it.

Let them find their own way. (We pointed out which way they should go, but it won't work with the dominant government model there [Islam])
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2020, 04:21:30 pm »
I still haven't figured out what rights Afghanis have under our Constitution.

The jurisdiction is Afghanistan, they are not subject to our Constitution, they didn't ratify one word of it.

Let them find their own way. (We pointed out which way they should go, but it won't work with the dominant government model there [Islam])

The leftists want to make the world safe for Communism (with themselves at the apex, natch).  That requires them to ignore or downplay the cultural differences.  "Moslems are just like us, at heart!"  No.  They're not at all like us.  We value independence and human life, they value submission and don't care if people die to get it.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #53 on: March 11, 2020, 03:06:57 am »
The leftists want to make the world safe for Communism (with themselves at the apex, natch).  That requires them to ignore or downplay the cultural differences.  "Moslems are just like us, at heart!"  No.  They're not at all like us.  We value independence and human life, they value submission and don't care if people die to get it.

Jolie is John Voight's daughter, right?

Actually, it sounds like she is concerned about how women will be treated under Sharia Law so in that, she is hardly giving in to Islamicists but you could say, she wants the brunt of the sacrifice on us... and I get that and reading her editorial, I think she was trying to word that as delicately as possible.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 03:09:27 am by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

« Reply #54 on: March 11, 2020, 03:08:38 am »
US commander paints grim picture of US-Taliban peace accord
The top U.S. commander for the Middle East is painting a grim picture of the peace process with the Taliban in Afghanistan
By  LOLITA C. BALDOR and ROBERT BURNS Associated Press
March 10, 2020, 2:30 PM ET
5 min read

WASHINGTON -- The top U.S. commander for the Middle East painted a grim picture Tuesday of the peace process with the Taliban in Afghanistan, saying the current level of violence is higher than allowed in the plan and that he will recommend against full withdrawal if that continues.

Marine Gen. Frank McKenzie told the House Armed Services Committee that he has plans to cut the number of troops to 8,600 by the summer, but so far the U.S. “has not developed military plans” for the full withdrawal in 14 months that is called for in the peace plan signed Feb. 29.

“To date, Taliban attacks are higher than we believe are consistent with an idea to actually carry out this plan,” McKenzie said. “If they're unable to draw down the current level of attacks, then the political leadership will be able to make decisions based on that.”

Read more at:  https://abcnews.go.com/amp/Politics/wireStory/us-commander-paints-grim-picture-taliban-peace-deal-69505608

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #55 on: March 11, 2020, 04:36:33 am »
Anybody watching the Homeland series?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #56 on: March 11, 2020, 05:04:51 am »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #57 on: March 11, 2020, 06:31:38 am »
Anybody watching the Homeland series?

@Hoodat

Never missed an episode since it started airing. One of the best,and most realistic dramas to ever air.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #58 on: March 11, 2020, 02:01:40 pm »
@Hoodat

Never missed an episode since it started airing. One of the best,and most realistic dramas to ever air.

@sneakypete

Same here.  Been watching since Day One.  Except for Claire Danes, the show participants and writers definitely have an anti-GOP bias.  Mandy Patinkin and Damian Lewis make me sick.  Two seasons ago, they tried to will Hillary Clinton into the White House with their own version of a woman President.  But after Trump won, they turned her into a fascist tyrant jailing her enemies.  This season, they are copying Trump with the Taliban peace deal.  And voila, look what happened to the President in the last episode.  But each time, their off-screen political objective has backfired.

My favorite character by far was Quinn.  Miss him a lot.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #59 on: March 11, 2020, 03:50:54 pm »
@sneakypete

Same here.  Been watching since Day One.  Except for Claire Danes, the show participants and writers definitely have an anti-GOP bias.  Mandy Patinkin and Damian Lewis make me sick.  Two seasons ago, they tried to will Hillary Clinton into the White House with their own version of a woman President.  But after Trump won, they turned her into a fascist tyrant jailing her enemies.  This season, they are copying Trump with the Taliban peace deal.  And voila, look what happened to the President in the last episode.  But each time, their off-screen political objective has backfired.

My favorite character by far was Quinn.  Miss him a lot.

@Hoodat

Mandy Patinkin and Damian Lewis make me sick.  Two seasons ago,.....

Uhhh,they are actors,not writers.

Damian Lewis is one of the best actors I have ever seen. He is currently staring in the series "Billionaire" as a stockbroker,and killing it. I started to write "ruthless stockbroker",but is there any other kind?

Mandy Patinkin is a fool,but a good actor.

Claire Danes is going to struggle to come up with a role that matches her role in Homeland. She virtually teaches an acting class every episode. Almost good enough to make me think she is British.

BTW,I think you might need to take a short break from politics. I watched every episode you did,and saw the plot developments as an entirely natural progression,with nothing to do with current American politics. The writers (ESPECIALLY the writers) in Hollyweird tend to be to the left of Castro politically,but their main focus is on writing scripts that are aired so they make money. The producers have the final say,and it is no stretch of the imagination to suggest they kinda like money,too. ALL of these people are only generous with money when it is YOUR money,not theirs.

And let's face it,getting a writing job on a internationally broadcast tv series that airs for 8 to 10 years in hitting the jackpot. Steady employment is a rarity in the entertainment industry. They all became multi-millionaires from this,if they weren't before.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 03:58:36 pm by sneakypete »

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #60 on: March 11, 2020, 04:42:21 pm »
@sneakypete

I wasn't questioning their acting abilities. Patinkin does a phenomenal job portraying Saul.  And Lewis was excellent as well.  But off-camera, they can't stop running their mouths about how wonderful Obama is and how much they hate Trump.

If you ever get a chance to see Temple Grandin, Danes does an awesome job.  But my favorite memory of her is the response she gave when someone told her how much Obama liked the show and asked her what she thought about it.  She replied that it was because Obama was in the opening credits scene.

I found it odd that Obama liked the show since he was supposed to be part of his real life experience.  But I suppose he left those matters to others while he watched TV all day.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #61 on: March 11, 2020, 05:29:05 pm »
@sneakypete

I wasn't questioning their acting abilities. Patinkin does a phenomenal job portraying Saul.  And Lewis was excellent as well.  But off-camera, they can't stop running their mouths about how wonderful Obama is and how much they hate Trump.

@Hoodat

Patinkin spouts every brain fart he gets,and always has. Nothing new about that. He IS his biggest fan.

I will have to take your word about Lewis. I have never heard him saying anything political one way or the other,but I do THINK I remember reading he is now a US citizen. Could easily be wrong about that one,though.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #62 on: March 11, 2020, 05:52:41 pm »
@sneakypete

If you ever get a chance to see Temple Grandin, Danes does an awesome job.   

@Hoodat

Thanks for the tip. Pulled it up for free on amazon prime,and will watch it tonight.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #63 on: March 14, 2020, 06:11:34 pm »
Taliban attacks need to go down considerably in Afghanistan, U.S. general says

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A top U.S. general said on Thursday that the Taliban had to significantly reduce the number of attacks it is carrying out, after an accord it signed with the United States earlier this month.

"I would not consider what the Taliban is doing as consistent with any path to going forward to come to a final end state agreement with the current government of Afghanistan," U.S. Marine General Kenneth McKenzie, the head of the military's Central Command, said during a Senate hearing.

Read more at: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/taliban-attacks-need-to-go-down-considerably-in-afghanistan-us-general-says/ar-BB116ewn

Afghan government postpones prisoner release, endangers deal
RAHIM FAIEZ

KABUL, Afghanistan (AP) — The Afghan government Saturday postponed the release of 1,500 Taliban prisoners, an Afghan official said, a decision that could sabotage a peace deal signed last month between the Taliban and the United States.

Jawed Faisal, spokesman for the Afghan National Security Adviser's office, said the releases were being delayed because more time was needed to review the list of prisoners. The move comes despite President Ashraf Ghani's decree earlier this week promising the start of the releases Saturday as a good will gesture to get intra-Afghan negotiations started.

The U.S.-Taliban deal was touted at the time as the best chance at ending Afghanistan's endless wars and bringing U.S. troops home after nearly 19 years.

More: https://news.yahoo.com/afghan-government-postpones-prisoner-release-125900846.html

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #64 on: March 14, 2020, 06:30:21 pm »
Sometimes bad ideas have to be tried, simply to demonstrate why they are bad.  In the tech world we called that "waving a dead chicken."
I will NOT comply.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #65 on: March 27, 2020, 04:16:46 pm »
There a few measures the United States can take to stop the persecution of Sikhs in Afghanistan. For one, we need to do more to acknowledge and bring attention to the deadly ongoing human rights crisis there. In 2019, the U.S. government provided approximately $5 billion in aid to Afghanistan. Moving forward, some of that aid must be made contingent on protecting religious minorities in the country.

But before there are more attacks, it is morally imperative that the White House make sure that the remaining few minority families in Afghanistan have safe refuge in the United States or Europe.

More: https://religionnews.com/2020/03/27/afghanistan-cant-protect-its-sikhs-from-terror-its-time-for-america-to-step-up/

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #66 on: March 27, 2020, 04:24:28 pm »

Exactly....

A disaster being shoved to page 2 by the COVID-19 event.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #67 on: March 27, 2020, 04:45:24 pm »

Why?  If they refuse to fight for themselves, then why are we responsible to send our kids to fight for them.
Sorry for their loss, but you gotta take care of your own...

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #68 on: March 27, 2020, 05:21:13 pm »
Why?  If they refuse to fight for themselves, then why are we responsible to send our kids to fight for them.
Sorry for their loss, but you gotta take care of your own...

@EdinVA

I completely agree!

I DO think that as a civilized people in a position to do so,we SHOULD use all the political influence we can bring to bear to protect small groups of people like the Sikhs from being murdered by the majority populations of their nations,but I draw the line at having young Americans doing their fighting and dying for them.

After all,don't we spend a TON of money at the UN,and isn't THAT VERY SORT OF THING why the UN was formed?

Now,if you want to talk about sending US soldiers into the UN and hanging various criminals in attendance,THAT has my vote!