Author Topic: Emergency 'prepper' survivalist companies see sales skyrocket as coronavirus concerns grow  (Read 541 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Emergency 'prepper' survivalist companies see sales skyrocket as coronavirus concerns grow
by Kerry Picket
 | March 01, 2020 05:14 PM

Emergency food and survival supply companies say sales of their products have spiked since news of the highly-infectious coronavirus became a concern in the United States.

U.S. citizens, who are thinking about lengthy home quarantines, have begun to stock up on emergency food and medical supplies, leaving the store shelves of major retailers empty. However, others are ordering their emergency needs online.

Jeffrey Gottheil, president of American Family Safety, told the Washington Examiner on Sunday that his company sales for emergency preparedness kits and supplies have increased by over 600% in the last week alone. The purchases included food, water, first aid kits, and especially masks. Gottheil said there is “no doubt a major concern for safety among people.”

“We have had to limit the sale of the N95 mask, which comes with our kits, to only kits. We cannot sell them individually anymore because we will run out of supplies. As well, we have been warned that the price from our suppliers will be going up considerably,” he added.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/emergency-prepper-survivalist-companies-see-sales-skyrocket-as-coronavirus-concerns-grow
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Well, duh.  Makes me glad I already have what I need, and I got it at normal pricing.  I should check what Amazon is charging for Mountain House.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline mortarman

I work at an auto parts store an' I wonder what's gonna happen when people realize that those protection masks are available at auto parts, paint an' hardware stores.

:pop41:
The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.

Offline mortarman

The Propaganda Ministry For the Left-wing Fascist Agenda has this morbid fascination with bodybags they can hang around President Trump's neck in some manner as if all the worlds evils re his fault.

The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.

Offline verga

We have several kits we bought last year in addition to the normal amount of "backup" food we keep in the pantry. Not a big deal to set a side a little each week.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline mortarman

Growing up, we had a 1 an' a half acre vegetable garden. In the fall my mom would be canning vegetables like crazy an' they would last us right on through the next canning season. Plus we would buy a whole hog in the spring an' half a steer not to mention the two deer that my dad an' I would bag during deer season plus various small game. We also fished.