Author Topic: Panic grips the West Coast and coronavirus hotspot California, with anxious shoppers stocking up on  (Read 821 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Panic grips the West Coast and coronavirus hotspot California, with anxious shoppers stocking up on canned food and Clorox wipes after first US death from the deadly disease in Seattle

California residents hit the shops on Saturday to stock up on supplies as state becomes coronavirus hotspot
    Locals loaded up on toilet paper, bottled water and canned food amid fears of a possible lockdown
    More than half a dozen Californians have been diagnosed with coronavirus in recent days, officials have said
    Health officials in California said two residents have contracted the disease from an 'unknown origin'
    Santa Clara County  - which is home to Silicon Valley - confirmed fourth resident tested positive to the disease
    Washington state reported the first US death from virus and Oregon says a person tested positive for disease

By Andrew Court For Dailymail.com

Published: 21:56 EST, 29 February 2020 | Updated: 10:42 EST, 1 March 2020

Panic is setting in for residents on the West Coast as California becomes a coronavirus hotspot, Washington state reports the first US death from the virus and Oregon officials announce that an elementary school employee has tested positive for the disease.

Anxious shoppers descended on California supermarkets, stocking up on supplies like bottled water, canned food and Clorox wipes.

The state has become a coronavirus hotspot, with more than half a dozen residents diagnosed with the disease in recent days. 

Late last week, two Northern California residents were revealed to be confirmed cases despite having no known contact with anyone else who was infected.

many more photos
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8061147/Coronavirus-panic-grips-California-anxious-shoppers-stock-supplies.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Y2K, Swine Flu, and a few panics others come to mind. 

Do people read anymore?  Does a 2-3% Mortality rate, focusing on those with immune issues mean anything? 

There are  sane precautions and preperations that come to mind, and then there is this.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DB

Y2K, Swine Flu, and a few panics others come to mind. 

Do people read anymore?  Does a 2-3% Mortality rate, focusing on those with immune issues mean anything? 

There are  sane precautions and preperations that come to mind, and then there is this.

It means a lot to those who are older and have health issues. In addition that 2-3% are dead. That doesn't count those seriously ill which is a far greater number and all that comes with that including the suffering and expense.

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
It means a lot to those who are older and have health issues. In addition that 2-3% are dead. That doesn't count those seriously ill which is a far greater number and all that comes with that including the suffering and expense.

Come on.  You totally mis-read my point.  There are prepartions and precautions.   And then there is unnecessary hysteria.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 04:38:10 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline PeteS in CA

I guess this weekend is a good time to avoid shopping at Costco. Being semi-agoraphobic, that'll come naturally.

I'm in the, "Not buying the MSM hype but not being stupid" realm.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online berdie

If there is an ice storm coming around here...it looks the same.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
When the first cases of the coronavirus were announced in China with reports of 'fluctuating' numbers and people dying which then spread outside of China, that was the time to begin preparing.  Emergency food companies are now experiencing 4-8 week shipping and production delays.

What can it hurt to buy a few extra canned goods, rice, potatoes, freeze a few packages of meat and keep some extra paper towels and toilet paper on hand??  Do that a couple of times each shopping trip and you'd be surprised how easy it is to stockpile a little food and some essentials.

I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline EdinVA

Remember, these are the same folks that cannot figure out which sex they are, or which bathroom to use.
They destroy the forest so they can build their million dollar homes overlooking some body of water then complain because the rain washed their brand new house down the unprotected moutain into the water they loved to look at.  And then blame republicans for climate change.

Offline mortarman

Remember, these are the same folks that cannot figure out which sex they are, or which bathroom to use.
They destroy the forest so they can build their million dollar homes overlooking some body of water then complain because the rain washed their brand new house down the unprotected moutain into the water they loved to look at.  And then blame republicans for climate change.

In other words, morons.

:pop41:
The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34