Author Topic: Critics argue Gov. Newsom is diverting gas tax money to projects voters did not approve of  (Read 702 times)

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Gov. Gavin Newsom is coming under fire for an executive order he signed that redirects voter-approved gas taxes initially designed to expand transportation and infrastructure repair projects to “climate change”-related projects not authorized by the voters.

SB1, proposed by Senate President Toni Atkins, D-San Diego, was a gas tax repeal initiative, called the “Road Repair and Accountability Act.” Tax revenue from the bill would repair the state’s failing roads, highways and bridges.

SB 1 was passed to “invest $54 billion over the next decade to fix roads, freeways and bridges in communities across California and puts more dollars toward transit and safety,” according to RebuildingCA.gov. “These funds will be split equally between state and local investments.”

“California’s state-maintained transportation infrastructure is allocated half of the tax revenue of $26 billion; the other half is allocated to repair local roads, fund transit agencies and expand pedestrian and cycle routes.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/politics/critics-argue-gov-newsom-is-diverting-gas-tax-money-to-projects-voters-did-not-approve-of?fbclid=IwAR1XgxRzPP_l9g6MGl3JxWg-k8ZRNqDaaCQNuikWVLbnfJwcMT5zkm3WBeQ

FTA, "...only be used for transportation-related purposes." It was well known by those who were informed, that this money was going to be used for just about anything EXCEPT fixing and expanding roads. Bike lanes, road diets, trains, etc. all "met" the criteria for "transportation-related". Ignorant and stupid voters bought the hype about "safety" in the fake ads and defeated Prop 6 that would have prevented this. Cannot wait to leave this real life version of Idiocracy.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline skeeter

The thugs in Sacramento have been pulling this three card monte scam with tax dollars for years.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Alternate headline:  California voters shocked and upset to learn water is wet, and bears poop in the woods.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline PeteS in CA

The thugs in Sacramento have been pulling this three card monte scam with tax dollars for years.

Possibly excepting Gov. Deukmejian, (though the Dem-controlled legislature wrote and approved the budgets he signed, so ...), this theft of gas tax and vehicle registration $$ dates to Goobernor Moonbeam 1.0, ~45 years.

When our family last traveled east on I-80, 2007, we could tell when we entered Nevada without looking at signs. On the CA side it was shameful, all chewed up. On the NV side I-80 was in great condition. Locally, SR17/I-880, part of my daily commute, is getting to be pretty shameful, as is a section of I-880 in Oakland (which I see/drive when I do running events in the Richmond area).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

When I lived in California, I recall ousting the sitting Democrat Governor for less shenanigans than this.

And installing a semi-Republican in his place.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 06:51:15 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline PeteS in CA

When I lived in California, I recall ousting the sitting Democrat Governor for less shenanigans than this.

And installing a semi-Republican in his place.

"Moderates" in CA's R Party were so scared of Tom McClintock that they persuaded Ahnold the RINO to run (they also liked that he could use his own $$ to campaign). Ahnold wasn't any better than Davis or Moonbeam 2.0; Nuisance is like Moonbeam on Meth. When CA's R "Moderates" stop hating conservatives more than they dislike Dems, maybe they can work toward working together.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline skeeter

Possibly excepting Gov. Deukmejian, (though the Dem-controlled legislature wrote and approved the budgets he signed, so ...), this theft of gas tax and vehicle registration $$ dates to Goobernor Moonbeam 1.0, ~45 years.

When our family last traveled east on I-80, 2007, we could tell when we entered Nevada without looking at signs. On the CA side it was shameful, all chewed up. On the NV side I-80 was in great condition. Locally, SR17/I-880, part of my daily commute, is getting to be pretty shameful, as is a section of I-880 in Oakland (which I see/drive when I do running events in the Richmond area).

The first time I went to Arizona - ten or so years ago - I was shocked at how well tended and perfect the highways were. Meanwhile our state taxes are far higher than their's.

Online DB

The first time I went to Arizona - ten or so years ago - I was shocked at how well tended and perfect the highways were. Meanwhile our state taxes are far higher than their's.

Gas is typically a dollar less a gallon here in Arizona too...

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Gas is typically a dollar less a gallon here in Arizona too...

That reminds me, @DB,  how are you liking the new digs in the Valley of the Sun?   I left there for good last May....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: