Author Topic: Trump renominates John Ratcliffe for director of national intelligence  (Read 444 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump renominates John Ratcliffe for director of national intelligence
by John Gage
 | February 28, 2020 05:43 PM

President Trump is renominating Texas Rep. John Ratcliffe to become the next director of national intelligence.

"I am pleased to announce the nomination of @RepRatcliffe (Congressman John Ratcliffe) to be Director of National Intelligence (DNI)," the president said Friday on Twitter. "Would have completed process earlier, but John wanted to wait until after IG Report was finished. John is an outstanding man of great talent!"

Trump previously picked Ratcliffe, a Republican, to replace Dan Coats as the director in August, but the congressman withdrew his name from consideration after some senators doubted his credentials, and he was accused of embellishing his professional record as it related to the prosecution of Hamas terrorists.

At the time, Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer accused Ratcliffe of being nominated only because he was “blindly loyal” to Trump. When Ratcliffe withdrew his name from consideration, he blamed what he described as a partisan nomination process.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/trump-renominates-john-ratcliffe-for-director-of-national-intelligence
« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 10:48:39 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Re: Trump renominates John Ratcliffe for director of national intelligence
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2020, 03:52:42 am »
Good, from what I read this man is a Conservative.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2020, 06:56:25 pm »
Must be bad news to Trump fans.  Maybe instead of "orange man bad" its "Conservative man bad".
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2020, 07:10:21 pm »
Must be bad news to Trump fans.  Maybe instead of "orange man bad" its "Conservative man bad".

Nobody understands that statement.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2020, 07:11:55 pm »
Nobody understands that statement.

Reading comprehension problem?  Seems pretty clear. 

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2020, 07:13:53 pm »
Reading comprehension problem?  Seems pretty clear.

My reading comprehension is still okay.  Why would "Trump fans" ever think that?  And, why would it be "bad news"?

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2020, 08:02:28 pm »
My reading comprehension is still okay.  Why would "Trump fans" ever think that?  And, why would it be "bad news"?

That's what I would like to know.  Seems like a major appointment that Conservatives would want to talk about.  Especially since he faces an uphill battle to be confirmed.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2020, 10:26:05 pm »
That wasn't a straw man argument, that was a meta-straw man argument.  A straw man to describe a straw man.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: